Premium appliance manufacturer, Whirlpool introduces its brand new 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9 B1L). The freestanding, American-style, side-by-side fridge freezer benefits from intelligent food preservation technology, adaptable storage solutions and a spacious 591 litre capacity.
The new fridge freezer boasts a double door refrigerator with an opulent 384 litre capacity. The refrigerator opens to a full-width, uninterrupted area – there is no central pillar – and is superb for placing large items and platters.
The new model delivers outstanding food preservation thanks to Whirlpool’s patented 6TH SENSE® technology. The innovative 6TH SENSE® FreshLock system creates the optimal environment for storing fresh and frozen food by automatically detecting and controlling any temperature variation.
Boasting a 207 litre capacity freezer, with four drawers and two pull-out shelves, the freezer also offers outstanding versatility thanks to the adaptable FlexiFreeze compartment. FlexiFreeze has three different settings for users to choose from to suit a variety of freezing requirements; Soft Freeze (-7°C), Mild Freeze (-12°C) and Deep Freeze (-18°C). What’s more, 6TH SENSE® FreezeLock reduces freezer burn by up to 50 per cent*, preserving the overall quality of the food for longer.
The ‘A+’ energy rated appliance has Total NoFrost for total ease of maintenance as defrosting is not required. There is also a handy Holiday Mode, which allows the freezer to remain in operation, while the fridge is kept a temperature of around 12°C, so the doors may remained closed and eliminate bacterial growth.
Appliance design is equally as important as functionality and the brand new 4 Doors fridge freezer from Whirlpool doesn’t disappoint. The elegant, slim fit doors have been designed to complement modern kitchen styles, while the Silent Inverter Compressor motor ensures a quiet operation with a noise output of only 37 dB(A). Furthermore, for ultimate comfort, the interior has clever ‘Gradual Lighting’ that gently increases the interior’s brightness, allowing the user’s eyes to adjust to the light.
Michela Giorgetti, Cooling Category Manager, Whirlpool, says: “Capacity and food preservation are high on the list of important factors when consumers are looking to purchase a fridge freezer. The brand new 4 Doors fridge freezer combines the very best in 6TH SENSE® technology, flexible storage and contemporary styling to bring a new level of sophistication to any kitchen.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool 4 Doors freestanding fridge freezer (WQ9 B1L):
- Freestanding four door fridge freezer with generous 591 litre net capacity
- LED lighting for excellent illumination and to maximise energy efficiency. The interior Gradual Lighting illuminates gently when the doors are opened
- ‘A+’ energy rating for low running costs
- Convenient Holiday Mode to minimise energy wastage and prevent bacteria growth
- Electronic touch sensitive controls for ease of setting, effortless control and easy to read feedback
- Elegant, slim fit doors with neat integrated handles
- Finished in stainless steel
- Low noise level of 37 dB (A)
- Dimensions: H x W X D 1874 x 909 x 698 mm
- Available from retailers for around £1,999.99
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® FreshLock monitors, adapts and controls the temperature to ensure an optimal environment for storing fresh food
- Fast cooling mode to ensure low energy consumption and prolonged freshness
- Two adjustable fridge shelves, two handy crisper drawers and four fridge balconies
- Total NoFrost smart sensors monitor the fridge temperature and will only activate the defrost mode when needed
- Total net capacity: 384 litres
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® FreezeLock monitors, adapts and controls the temperature. FreezeLock reduces freezer burn by up to 50 per cent1
- Adaptable FlexiFreeze compartment has three different settings for users to choose from:
- Soft Freeze (-7°C) is designed for food that is to be consumed within a week and allows users to avoid the defrosting process. Food stored at this temperature can be placed directly from the freezer into a pan for cooking
- Mild Freeze (-12°C) is the ideal temperature for frozen fruit, desserts and ready-to-serve ice cream
- Deep Freeze (-18°C) is perfect for retaining the nutritional value of frozen food for longer
- Fast freezing allows the user to freeze food quickly, retaining its texture and nutritional values
- No Frost technology for frost free convenience and ease of maintenance
- Four freezer drawers and two freezer pull-out shelves
- Total net capacity: 207 litres
For more information on the new American-style 4 Doors fridge freezer from Whirlpool, and to find your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
- The brand new Whirlpool American-style 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9 B1L) boasts a stylish design, 6TH SENSE technology and an adaptable FlexiFreeze compartment
Notes for editor:
* Compared to a Whirlpool freezer without 6TH SENSE® FreezeLock
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 21,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
7th March 2019