Whirlpool, the premium appliance manufacturer, has introduced a brand new range of built-in washing machines and a washer dryer. The Whirlpool built-in washing machine boasts a 7 kg capacity (BI WMWG 71484 UK), with the benefit of new FreshCare+ technology, while the new washer dryer takes a 7 kg wash load and can dry up to 5 kg of laundry in one go (BI WDWG 7148 UK). Both appliances offer the benefit of being able to be built-in to the kitchen, so you can tuck them away seamlessly, providing uniformity in the kitchen.
The Whirlpool FreshCare+™ system is designed to keep laundry fresh even hours after the washing cycle has finished. The Whirlpool FreshCare+™ system gently massages garments with regular, slow, drum movements alternated with infusions of steam. This combination of movement and steam creates the ideal level of humidity by allowing air to circulate within the drum, penetrating fibres and keeping garments fresh and odour free for up to six hours after the cycle has finished*.
What’s more, the new Whirlpool built-in FreshCare+ range benefits from the patented and intuitive 6TH SENSE® technology, which guarantees optimal performance. 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 50 per cent of water, energy and time**. The range also boasts a delayed start option, allowing you to set the appliance to begin its cycle at a convenient time, or to take advantage of lower energy tariffs, where available. An LCD display and neat, subtle control buttons offer ease of use and complement the sophisticated design of the appliances.
“Whirlpool has designed the new built-in range to seamlessly blend into the kitchen or to make for a neat and contemporary look for the utility room. The unique, intuitive experience of the new washing machine range and the washer dryer sense and adapt to each and every consumer‘s need.
“We have introduced the FreshCare+™ system to remove the worry of when to do the laundry, leaving truly fresher smelling clothes and peace of mind – even hours after the end of the cycle,” Tailang Bu, Laundry Category Marketing Manager, Whirlpool.
Key features and benefits of the built-in Whirlpool FreshCare+ 7 kg washing machine (BI WMWG 71484 UK):
- Built-in washing machine with generous 7 kg wash load capacity
- The FreshCare+™ system continues to tumble garments for up to six hours after wash programme has finished, keeping all of your laundry free of odours and smelling fresh*
- 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 50 per cent of water, energy and time**
- ‘A+++’ energy efficiency class allows you to maximise energy saving
- A selection of flexible programmes assist in managing a variety of laundry requirements, including Eco cotton, Rapid 30ꞌ, Intensive and Duvet, designed for washing eiderdown-padded items such as double or single duvets, cushions and anoraks, etc.
- Colour 15°C programme maintains original quality and colour of user’s garments and guarantees the same performance as a 40°C wash programme
- Intensive rinse programme increases rinsing efficiency and guarantees optimal detergent removal by performing extra rinse cycles, particularly beneficial for those who suffer from sensitive skin.
- Clean+ system features three further washing options dependent upon cleaning needs, helping to aid stain removal:
- Intensive: Removes the most stubborn stains. Designed for high levels of dirt
- Daily: Removes everyday stains
- Fast: Removes less stubborn stains
- Variable spin speed with a maximum of 1400 rpm on the cotton’s programme, with customised spin speeds for all other loads
- Helpful start delay which automatically activates pre-arranged cycles, making use of less expensive electricity tariffs where available
- The body of the appliance is finished in white
- Dimensions H x W x D: 85 x 59.5 x 54.5 cm
- Available from retailers for around £499
For more information on the new Whirlpool FreshCare+ built-in washing machine range and the Whirlpool FreshCare+ built-in washer dryer, and to find your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
- The new Whirlpool FreshCare+ 7 kg built-in washing machine (BI WMWG 71484 UK) boasts the benefits of the patented and intuitive 6TH SENSE® technology, which guarantees optimal performance as well as an A+++ energy rating
- The new Whirlpool built-in FreshCare+ washer dryer (BI WDWG 7148 UK) features 6TH SENSE® technology and a variety of programmes including Rapid Wash and Dry 45ꞌ
Notes for editor:
* Not compatible with programmes designed for delicate garments and duvets
** Comparison between maximum load and 1kg load on washer with 6TH SENSE® technology and Cotton 60° program
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Steph at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
30th January 2019