The consumer is increasingly aware of the need for energy saving appliances and the benefits that come with investing in highly efficient appliances. The recession has resulted in consumers willing to invest in an eco-appliance, if it can demonstrate long-term resource and financial savings.
InSinkErator® is keen to highlight the up and coming Big Energy Saving Week to help people focus on how they can cut their fuel bills further, while helping to save national energy resources.
Energy saving isn’t only important for reducing household utility bills, it’s about decreasing the stress on the earth’s finite energy resources. Big Energy Saving Week is a national campaign, led by Citizens Advice, in connection with energy suppliers, the Government and other charitable partners, to help people cut their fuel bills and get all the financial support they are entitled to.
InSinkErator® is calling on consumers to think bigger when it comes to energy saving, and consider how much water and energy the average household wastes every year by over boiling kettles. As we approach the colder weather, it is worth bearing in mind that in the UK, kettles are used more frequently in the winter than in the summer1, and overfilling the kettle costs British households £68 million on energy bills a year2. With three out of four people admitting they boil more water in the kettle than they need3, all the energy used to heat the water that remains in the kettle is wasted.
Replacing the kettle for an instant steaming hot water tap from InSinkErator® is a positive lifestyle change for any household. The new InSinkErator® 3N1 steaming hot water tap saves time, energy and worktop space, dispensing water instantly at a full range of temperatures up to 98°C from a single fixture, resulting in little to no waste. You can switch instantly between cold, hot and steaming hot, filtered water with the reassurance of fully safety-conscious operation.
Complete with everything necessary for installation, including a step-by-step guide, the 3N1 tap is easily retrofitted into most existing sinks through a straightforward replacement. Minimal space is needed under the sink in order to mount the tank, as InSinkErator® models are amongst the neatest and most compact on the market to save on valuable cupboard space.
InSinkErator®, the inventor and global market leader of food waste disposers, has long been committed to eco-conscious manufacturing. For over 75 years the company, which began in the United States, has played an important role in responsible food waste management.
The brand new M series of food waste disposers, available at an affordable price, allows food waste to be dealt with hygienically, efficiently and quickly, grinding food into tiny particles, and flushing them down the drain. There, it can be transported to a waste water treatment centre and converted into fertiliser or biogas that can be used to provide a renewable energy source as part of a waste management approach. If a community of 30,000 people switched from landfilling food scraps, to sending it to the local wastewater treatment plant via a disposer, it would generate sufficient electricity to power 25 homes for a year4.
Linda Phoutthasak, Marketing Manager, Europe and Russia, for InSinkErator®, says: “We all need to be aware that heating more water than we need, means that we are wasting a great deal of energy unnecessarily. Cutting out the kettle is probably one of the easiest wins when it comes to saving valuable resources.
“With all the long-term economic and environmental benefits of a steaming hot water tap, and the benefit to the wider community by disposing of food waste using a food waste disposer, energy savings can be made simply and easily. What makes it even more convenient is that the InSinkErator® 3N1 steaming hot water tap and M Series food waste disposers may be easily retrofitted into existing kitchens, resulting in genuine savings that are available to everyone.”
Key features and benefits of the InSinkErator® 3N1 kitchen tap with filtered steaming hot, hot and cold water:
- An elegant one-piece tap designed and manufactured in Italy to the highest quality, with the reliability and reassurance that comes with a world class brand
- Dispenses filtered steaming hot water up to 98°C, as well as hot and cold options
- Self-closing, easy to grip hot water handle with push-lever safety locking mechanism
- Approximately 20 per cent more energy efficient than a kettle, and with none of the worktop clutter
- Provides around 100 cups of steaming hot water per hour from a compact and convenient 2.5 litre tank that takes up little valuable cupboard space
- Ideal for retro-fitting
- Five year in-home limited warranty on tap and two year full warranty on tank for peace of mind
- Comes with complete with installation kit
- Available in colours of Bright Orange, Natural Stone, Pearl White, and as well as Chrome and brushed Stainless Steel finishes
- Dimensions: H 368 x W 410 X L 337 mm
Key features and benefits of the InSinkErator® M Series 66 food waste disposer:
- Top-of-the-range M Series model disposes food waste practically and hygienically with 0.75 horsepower
- Offers high performance and continuous feed operation with improved one-stage grind technology
- Capable of handling a large amount of food waste with added overload protection – ideal for the growing family or home entertainer
- Uses just four litres of water per day and 3 to 4 kWh per year.
- No blades – uses superior stainless steel grinding elements and 980 ml grind chamber
- Built-in air switch operation; available in polished chrome or brushed steel for added convenience
- Removable, easy to clean, sound baffle, specifically designed to quieten disposer noise while preventing water and food particles from splashing up
- Quick Lock® mounting assembly for faster, easier installation into new or existing kitchens
- Auto-reverse action for extended product life and trouble free operation
- Four year parts and service guarantee for peace of mind
- Dimensions: H 318 x W 185 x 131 mm
For more information on the InSinkErator® 3N1 kitchen tap with filtered steaming hot, hot and cold water and M Series food waste disposers and, please call 0800 389 3715 or visit the website at www.insinkerator.co.uk
1. Heat only the water you need with the InSinkErator® 3N1 steaming hot water tap with cold, hot and filtered, steaming hot water, encased within a stylish Italian design.
2. The M Series range of food waste disposers by InSinkErator® comprises 65+, 55+ and 45+ models to suit every household.
Notes for editors:
For details on the Big Energy Saving Week 2015, visit https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/campaigns/current_campaigns/besw/big-energy-saving-week/
1 Survey undertaken by Cambridge Architectural Research, Loughborough University and Element Energy under contract to DECC and DEFRA. November 2013. www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/275484/electricity_survey_2_tuning_in_to_energy_saving.pdf
2 Energy Saving Trust report – At Home With Water. July 2013
4 ‘Environmental Benefits of Food Waste Disposers’ leaflet by Emerson
InSinkErator® UK, a business unit of Emerson, is the UK and world’s largest manufacturer of food waste disposers and the clear global market leader. Food waste disposers divert around 20 per cent of household waste away from landfill and have been shown to have a smaller carbon footprint than kerbside collection. In 2007 InSinkErator® launched a brand new product, the Steaming Hot Water Tap, which delivers 98 degree centigrade, filtered, hot water on demand.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tel: 01536 414555
22nd September 2015