The ActiveDry range of Hotpoint dishwashers quietly and efficiently remove stubborn, baked-on food, so you can say goodbye to the dishcloth and save time, water and energy, while improving your household’s hygiene.
With consumers spending more at home over the past year than ever before, there has been an inevitable increase in the amount of washing up to be done. This has led to a growth in the popularity of dishwashers. What’s more, the COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly made consumers pay more attention to hygiene within the home. Dishwashers eliminate the need for dishcloths, which are renowned for germs and bacteria. Research indicates that, in homes across the UK, nine out of 10 dishcloths are heavily contaminated with bacteria, with over 50 per cent containing E-Coli1.
The Hotpoint integrated dishwasher with ActiveDry (HIP 4O539 WLEGT UK) supports consumers looking to increase their hygiene habits and includes a dedicated Sanitising cycle, which eliminates 99.999 per cent2 of bacteria. What’s more, its tough stainless steel interior, and three-stage water filtration, results in effective, hygienic cleaning power that keeps bacteria at bay.
Tea towels are also a breeding ground for germs. With this in mind, the Hotpoint ActiveDry dishwasher ensures dishes emerge spotless and dry, ridding the need for the tea towel, without compromising on energy efficiency. ActiveDry brings a solution to the need for greater efficiency in dishwasher drying cycles by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm, at the end of the cycle to naturally air dry the dishes. Taking performance and energy efficiency to new heights, opening the dishwasher door lets residual humidity exit safely, and allows fresh air to hasten the drying of the load. This not only offers up to 99 per cent better drying results on integrated models3, but also reduces energy consumption by up to 22 per cent3, to help minimise household energy costs.
The Hotpoint ActiveDry range allows you to clean your own way, thanks to its innovative 3D Zone Wash technology, which is tough on grease and gentle on energy. The combined action of the powerful water jets, from the upper and lower spray arms, and the variable speed inverter motor, ensures precisely the right amount of water is used throughout the selected basket for either 40 per cent more cleaning power4 for stubborn, baked-on foods, or 40 per cent more energy efficiency5 for smaller loads, depending on your needs.
While a dishwasher allows you to improve your hygiene, and spend less time on housework, it’s important it doesn’t disturb the household when running in the background. Appliance noises can be distracting and stressful, particularly when working from home. The Hotpoint integrated dishwasher with ActiveDry (HIP 4O539 WLEGT UK) boasts a super quiet 39 dB(A) noise level and is endorsed by Quiet Mark, meaning you can get on with life, undisturbed by the sound of your appliance.
Kimberley Garner, Hotpoint Brand Manager, says: “Dishwashers have never been so important as consumers are not only spending more time at home, but looking to improve their hygiene standards too. Hotpoint prides itself on well-crafted appliances that have performance at their heart, so our consumers can easily take care of the things that matter most. The ActiveCare range of dishwashers has been developed for consumers to start cleaning their own way, without disturbing the household, while maximising efficiency, with no compromise on results.”
Key features and benefits of Hotpoint integrated dishwasher with ActiveDry (HIP 4O539 WLEGT UK):
- Integrated full-size dishwasher with a 14 place setting capacity
- ActiveDry naturally air dries dishes by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm, at the end of the cycle
- 3D Zone Wash technology allows you to tailor your dishwashing to your needs. Choose an intensive wash with 40 per cent more cleaning power4, or 40 per cent more energy efficiency5
- Dedicated Glass Care cycle and specially designed glass holders that ensure glassware is safely washed and dried to perfection
- Superior insulation and the smooth running Inverter Motor delivers performance and efficiency without interrupting your conversation, running at as little as 39 dB(A) and Quiet Mark accredited
- LED lights in the tub for easier loading and unloading. A handy light also projects on the floor to show when the dishwasher is running
- Flexiload and Flexi Zone ensure simple and efficient loading
- Tablet option allows the user to optimise the performance of the selected programme, according to the type of detergent used
- Full text display for ease of use and programme feedback
- Start delay to schedule a cycle at a time that suits the user, perhaps when cheaper energy tariffs are available
- (New) efficient ‘B’ energy rating and 9.5 litre water use on Eco programme
- Dimensions: H 820 x W 598 x D 555 mm
- Available from retailers for around £579
The ActiveDry range of dishwashers includes integrated and freestanding models. For more information please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk
- The Hotpoint integrated dishwasher with ActiveDry (HIP 4O539 WLEGT UK) takes performance and energy efficiency to new heights by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm at the end of the cycle, to naturally air dry dishes
Notes for editor:
2 Tested and certified by VDE Prüf- und Zertifizierungsinstitut GmbH and Swissatest Testmaterialien AG.
3 Based on average drying performance and respective energy consumption of Hotpoint built-in dishwasher with 2 racks and ActiveDry on combined load including plastics, glass, steel and porcelain as compared to Hotpoint built-in dishwasher with 2 racks without ActiveDry. Drying performance results may vary based on dishwasher model and load.
4 Average percentage of performance increase vs a non-3D Zone Wash appliance running Intensive cycle, obtained on 17 different items with different typology of dirt. Test results verified by VDE.
5 Verified in the Report N° 236127-AS6-1 by VDE Test Institute.
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
23rd March 2021