Gorenje, the Slovenian manufacturer famed for its creative and innovative appliances, welcomes the outstanding IQcook induction hob to its UK product portfolio.
Previously a concept product launched at the IFA Fair 2011, the IQcook induction hob, winner of a Red Dot Design Award 2012, is now available to all UK consumers. This revolutionary hob uses IQ sensors to measure the cooking process, monitoring it accordingly. These sensors, installed in the hob and on the pan lid, automatically adjust the operation of the hob, removing the need for direct cooking control on the part of the consumer.
The advantages of this new technology simply cannot be underestimated. The consumer no longer needs to constantly monitor the hob, allowing them to maximise their time while also removing any concern about interruptions when the hob is in use. Furthermore, these exceptional sensors do not just save the consumer time and effort – they also save money, as they can use up to 40 per cent less energy than a conventional induction hob.
Gorenje’s IQcook induction hob boasts a raft of other useful and highly advanced features to enhance and improve user experience. It offers several pre-set frying and cooking modes, including steam cooking, slow cooking and grilling, for real consumer flexibility. Meanwhile, Gorenje’s patented SmartSense safety function prevents food from boiling over or burning, and if the water evaporates entirely from the pot or pan, SmartSense automatically switches the cooking hob off.
Bill Miller, Gorenje’s Sales and Marketing Director, says: “Gorenje consistently pushes the boundaries in product design and technology, and the four zone IQcook induction hob is a superb example of this. Induction is, without a doubt, the hob style of the future, and the IQcook gives the consumer tomorrow’s innovation today. It minimises user effort and monitoring, allowing them to use the time as they wish – they truly can just leave the hob to cook for them!”
Key features and benefits of the Gorenje IQcook IQ641AC induction hob:
• Stylish four zone induction hob, made from black glass with a faceted edge
• One 21cm zone offers up to 3.7 kW, one 14.5cm zone offers up to 2.2kW, and two 18cm zones offer up to 3kW each
• IQ sensors monitor cooking process, making automatic adjustments when necessary
• Patented SmartSense safety function prevents food from boiling over or burning
• Pre-set cooking and frying modes, including:
– IQboil – cooking with plenty of water
– IQpro – slow cooking
– IQsteam – steam cooking
– IQfry – frying
– IQgrill – grilling, with three levels of doneness
• BoilControl prevents pans boiling over
• StopGo function allows the consumer to temporarily suspend the cooking process when unexpectedly interrupted. One touch of the StopGo key freezes all settings, temporarily switching off all active heating zones until reactivated by the StopGo key
• StayWarm function allows the consumer to keep their food warm at an optimum temperature
• PowerBoost function further enhances the performance of the hob, delivering additional time savings
• Residual heat indicators illuminate to show which zones are still radiating heat, ensuring even greater safety
• Safety control lock for peace of mind, particularly around children
• SmartControl touch controls and timer function
• Dimensions: H x W x D: 47 x 600 x 510 mm
• Comes with Gorenje’s market-leading free five year parts and labour guarantee
• The IQcook induction hob retails for approximately £699
For further information about Gorenje’s IQcook induction hob, please call Gorenje on 0208 247 3980 or visit the website at www.gorenje.co.uk to find your nearest stockist.
Image caption: Gorenje’s outstanding IQcook induction hob
5th July 2012
For further information and images please contact:
Sarah at JM Marketing
Telephone: 01535 414555