Research has found that more consumers are paying more attention to their health, with 72 per cen of shoppers in the UK are buying healthy food with less salt, sugar and fat1. Hotpoint provides the perfect cooking appliance for preparing delicious, healthy and nutritious meals at home.
The built-in Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven (MS 998 IX H) is the ideal cooking confidant when preparing healthy and nutritious meals. Multiple and various cooking functions ensure the appliance is versatile and flexibile, the perfect cooking companion in the kitchen.
Steam is a healthy cooking method, as no additional fats or oils are required to be added to the dish during the cooking process. Steam cooking preserves the flavour, nutritional value and natural goodness of food as vitamins and minerals can be lost through the exposure of high cooking temperatures or boiling water.
The built-in Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven (MS 998 IX H) works by boiling water, causing it to vapourise into steam. The Hotpoint steam oven features a removable 1.5 litre water tank, which is easily accessed by opening the oven door. Pure steam is injected directly into the oven, guaranteeing even cooking results and ensuring delicious dishes with all the goodness retained in the food.
The top-of-the-range built-in Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven (MS 998 IX H) offers outstanding functionality with its three different cooking methods, which provide maximum versatility. In additon to using the appliance as steamer using pure steam, the fan function can be used to guarantee excellent golden brown results thanks to the forced air. The combination of fan and steam cooking ensures succulent food with a crispy outside, and in less time; the perfect combination especially for roasts and cooking pre-prepared frozen food, baking bread and desserts.
In addition, the 10 assisted cycles facilitate the preparation of dishes such as fish, vegetables and desserts, making steam cooking incredibly easy. The oven will suggest the best cooking parameters, such as temperature and shelf level, dependent on the dish selected by the user, and ensure perfect cooking results every time, whether through pure steam or combination cooking.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint, says: “With obesity on the climb, there is a definite dash for a healthier diet. Cooking with steam offers an opportunity to cook and eat more healthily at home. The delicate cooking process retains the dish’s vitamins and minerals and reduces and even eliminates the need to use fats and oils in cooking. The Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven (MS 998 IX H) does not require to be plumbed in, as it does not rely on a connection to a water supply, offering greater flexibility in its installation. The Hotpoint Class 9 steam oven is the ideal companion for the true taste explorer.”
Key features and benefits of the built-in Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven
(MS 998 IX H):
- Built-in steam oven, complete with integrated water tank, allowing for more flexible installation compared to those steam appliances that require connection to a water supply
- Three cooking methods provide maximum versatility: steam, fan and the steam and fan combination
- Steam: pure steam is injected into the oven to ensure a delicate cooking process and preserving the food’s nutritional contents
- Fan: the fan function guarantees excellent golden brown results thanks to forced air
- Combination steam and fan cooking ensures crispy and succulent food in less time; the perfect combination especially for roasts and cooking pre-prepared frozen food, baking bread and desserts
- 10 assisted programmes to facilitate the preparation of any recipe – cooking parameters, such as the oven temperature, cooking time and shelf positioning, are suggested to ensure perfect cooking results
- Programmes include: pasta, rice, vegetables, meat, poultry, pizza, bread and eggs
- Steam defrost feature for effective defrosting of meat, fish and bread through the use of steam
- Reheat function for ready-made dishes that are either frozen, chilled or room temperature. Steam gently reheats dishes without drying out the food and retaining flavour
- Meat probe allows the user to check the progress of the dish, at any time, without the need to open the oven door, ensuring perfectly cooked dishes
- Steam cleaning function, which reaches 90ᵒC and lasts just 35 minutes, leaves the oven pristine following a quick wipe with a damp cloth when the programme finishes
- Prestigious design with elegant black glass finish, which is trimmed with sophisticated Anti-Fingerprint stainless steel
- Electronic touch controls for ease of use
- Drain and descale functions
- Triple glazed door to ensure safety and efficiency
- Oven capacity: 34 litres
- Water reservoir tank capacity: 1.5 litres
- Energy efficiency: ‘A’
- Dimensions: H x W x D 455 x 595 x 537 mm
- Available from retailers for around £769
For more information on the Hotpoint Class 9 built-in combination steam oven, and any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
The built-in Hotpoint Class 9 combination steam oven (MS 998 IX H) helps to create nutritious delicious meals with perfect results
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Lauren at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
7th March 2018