There is a growing desire for large capacity laundry appliances among consumers. Large capacity laundry appliances allow the user to wash bigger loads, which means the laundry may be done less frequently, therefore saving water, energy and time. The Hotpoint integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) can be neatly built into the kitchen furniture and benefits from a generous 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity.
With the trend for open-plan living remaining strong, homeowners are increasingly choosing integrated laundry appliances to keep them hidden away, creating a streamlined look within their kitchen. However, the capacity of an integrated laundry appliance is often compromised by the luxury of it being built into the kitchen furniture.
Hotpoint has a solution to this with its integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) and its 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity. Hotpoint has cleverly designed the appliance to fit into standard under-counter spaces*, enabling consumers to increase their laundry capacity by up to 30 per cent**, without the need for additional space under the counter.
In addition to the trend for large capacity laundry appliances, the COVID-19 pandemic has undoubtedly made consumers pay more attention to hygiene within the home. This change in attitude goes beyond cleaning surfaces and touch-points more often. A recent study found an increase in cleaning habits during the COVID-19 outbreak, with a 43 per cent increase in consumers washing clothes after a trip out***.
Hotpoint understands that hygiene is of utmost importance and its integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) benefits from additional features to ensure that consumers can wash and dry their laundry exactly the way they want. For example, where there is a choice of temperature for the wash cycle, and if the user feels their load would benefit from a higher temperature, they can easily modify this using the ‘Temp’ button for selected programmes. The control dial and digital user interface are easy to operate, allowing the user to tailor their laundry, giving them the confidence that their garments will be clean, fresh and meet their hygiene standards.
Stain removal is also highly important to consumers and the Hotpoint washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) benefits from the handy Anti Stain 40ᵒ programme, which tackles everyday stains, without pre-treatment, in one innovative cycle.
Kimberley Garner, Hotpoint Brand Manager, comments: “At Hotpoint, we are proud to offer an integrated washer dryer with a 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity. Consumers are looking for laundry appliances with a larger capacity, to save time and offer greater efficiency by laundering fewer loads each week. We developed the integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) to ensure that those who choose to build their laundry appliance into their kitchen furniture can also benefit from a generous capacity, without compromise.”
Key features and benefits of the Hotpoint integrated washer dryer
(BI WDHG 961484 UK):
- Front loading washer dryer with a generous 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity
- The Anti Stain 40ᵒprogramme tackles the most common household stains, without requiring pre-treatment, using the following technologies:
- Digital Motion Technology – the special inverter motor manages up to 10 different drum motions specific for treating everyday stains while caring for fibres
- Perfect Temperature Control innovatively controls the temperature level
- Sensor technology optimises the water consumption at every wash, ensuring a remarkable saving of resources
- If the drying function is selected, a drying cycle automatically activates at the end of the wash cycle that resembles open-air drying
- Steam Refresh programme provides a dedicated cycle to freshen clothes. The cycle takes just 20 minutes with steam penetrating deep into fabrics, making them slightly damp, reducing creases for easier ironing
- Further wash programmes include: Eco 40-60, Mixed Wash&Dry, Shirts and T-shirts, Pre Iron, Cotton, Synthetics, Anti Stain Quick, White, 20°C, Delicates, Wool, Rapid 30‘, Rinse & Spin, Spin & Drain and Eco Cotton
- Pressing the ‘Drying settings’ button once automatically selects the maximum drying cycle which is compatible with the selected wash cycle. Subsequent presses will decrease the drying level and then the drying time
- Dry only option to perform the drying-only cycle
- Option to pause a wash cycle and, provided the water level and/or temperature isn’t too high, you can open the door if the “Door locked” indicator shows that it is safe to do so. This allows the user to add laundry if needed
- Start delay to wash at a desired time, perhaps when cheaper energy tariffs are available
- Key lock to prevent any unintentional changes to programmes, which is particularly useful with children around
- (Current) ‘A’ energy rating
- Maximum spin speed (rpm): 1400
- The Inverter Motor is designed to ensure a long lasting performance and a quiet noise level so your conversation or work is never interrupted
- Noise levels (dB(A) re 1 pW): Spinning: 70, Washing: 45, Drying: 55
- Finished in white with a control dial and digital user interface for intuitive operation
- Dimensions: H 815 x W 595 x D 545 mm
For more information on the large capacity integrated washer dryer, or any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk
- The Hotpoint integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) benefits from a generous 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity
Notes for editor:
* Consumers should check their individual under-counter space before purchasing a new appliance
** Compared to a Hotpoint appliance with a smaller capacity
*** Whirlpool Corporation – Covid-19 EMEA Tracking Survey Summary of UK key takeouts -June 2020
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
23rd February 2021