Major appliance manufacturer Hotpoint has launched an American-style fridge freezer with four doors, which offers flexible storage solutions and innovative technologies that encourage long-lasting freshness of food.
The Hotpoint Day-1 Active Quattro fridge freezer (HQ9 E1L) benefits from a generous capacity of 591 litres, making room for all of your fresh and frozen food. The fully flexible interior allows you to tailor the space to suit your household’s needs and preferences.
The refrigeration compartment has six internal door balconies, all of which are adjustable and are perfect for storing items such as milk, drinks bottles and condiments. In addition, the two full-width glass shelves are adjustable to allow you to change the height, making room for taller or more awkward shaped items. Finally, the two crisper drawers provide additional storage and the optimum conditions for fresh fruit and vegetables, helping to reduce avoidable food waste in the home.
The freezer is versatile and adaptable, with plenty of space to effortlessly store all of your frozen items. The freezer had a total of six separate compartments, including four removable drawers and two shelves, which are in the perfect location for storing frequently-used frozen items. All of the four drawers, and the shelf in between, are removable, which is perfect for storing taller items or when the festive season rolls around and you need the extra space.
Two of the four freezer drawers have the benefit of Super Freeze technology, which ensures the fast freezing of a large quantity of items. This is ideal for freezing fresh fruit and vegetables, perhaps from the garden; or when you have just completed the family shop. The lower temperature freezes the food quicker than it would at the standard freezer temperature of -18ᵒC, and means each item better retains its original texture, flavour, moisture and nutritional value on defrosting.
Finished in stainless steel, and neatly completed with integrated handles, for a premium user experience, the clean and linear design of the Active Quattro fridge freezer (HQ9 E1L) has been finely crafted to suit a multitude of kitchen styles and designs.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint says: “At Hotpoint, we understand that a fridge freezer needs to be generously sized to make room for all of your fresh and frozen food. Every inch of the Hotpoint Day-1 Active Quattro fridge freezer (HQ9 E1L) has been thought about and the flexible interior, which can be customised to suit your preferences, means you can make the appliance work best for your household’s needs. The right cooling appliance can truly enhance your relationship with food and help to reduce avoidable food waste.”
Key features and benefits of the Hotpoint Day-1 Active Quattro fridge freezer
- Impressive combined capacity of 591 litres with flexible storage solutions – a big welcome to all of your groceries
- Two separate compartments, one fridge and one freezer, complete with four separate doors that feature integrated handles for a premium user experience
- Electronic touch controls allow for precise control at the touch of your fingertips. The key lock feature, when activated, dismisses interaction with the control panel to avoid any unintentional changing of the settings
- Door open alarm to notify the user when either of the four doors have been left open for two minutes or more
- Contemporary design with stainless steel finish, complete with a clean design for a modern and elegant look in the kitchen
- Super silent noise level of 37.5 dB(A), leaving the appliance to go unnoticed while working quietly in the background
- ‘A+’ energy rating
- Dimensions: H x W x D 1874 x 909 x 698 mm
- Available from retailers for around £1,499
- Generous 384 litre capacity
- Two height adjustable glass shelves to customise and meet your individual storage needs
- Two fresh crisper drawers for storage of fresh fruit and vegetables
- Six height adjustable door balconies, which make use of all available storage space within the refrigerator compartment to ensure maximum capacity
- The Multipower Invertor Compressor rapidly corrects the temperature within the fridge to prevent any sudden temperature fluctuations that can be caused when the door has been open while loading the weekly shop
- Super Cool function increases the refrigerator’s chilling performance – perfect for when the fridge has just been loaded with the weekly shop. Super Cool automatically switches off to ensure the best energy efficiency and minimise running costs
- Holiday mode allows the freezer to be kept running while you are away but increases the fridge’s temperature to 12ᵒC, to minimise energy wastage but prevent the growth of bacteria – which can be caused when the fridge is switched off entirely
- Internal energy efficient LED lighting for maximum visibility and energy efficiency
- 207 litre capacity
- Six separate internal compartments: four freezer drawers, two of which feature Super Freeze technology, and two shelves
- When any of the four drawers are removed, the freezer shelves are exposed to allow for further capacity if required. To allow for even further capacity, the middle freezer shelf can be removed to effortlessly accommodate taller items
- The two freezer trays allow for easy access to frequently used items and provide the ideal storage of leftovers and smaller items
- The two Super Freeze drawers encompass a 24 hour programme, which ensures the optimum freezing conditions for when freezing larger quantity of items
- Freeze Care technology reduces the risk of freezer burn, so frozen food keeps its quality, taste and texture for longer
- Full frost-free system to prevent the formation of frost. If required, Active Defrost activates to efficiently defrost the freezer and save energy and time
For more information on the Hotpoint Day-1 Active Quattro fridge freezer (HQ9 E1L), or any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The Hotpoint Day-1 Active Quattro fridge freezer (HQ9 E1L) offers a large capacity of 591 litres, with flexible storage solutions and innovative technologies that encourage long-lasting freshness
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Lauren at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
13th September 2018