Major appliance manufacturer Hotpoint has launched a new range of ActiveCare washing machines. ActiveCare is tough on stains and kind to clothes, taking care of laundry and removing more than 100 stains at just 20ᵒC1.
The ActiveCare washing machines are available in capacities of eight, nine and 10 kg, offering a model that is suitable for a variety of household sizes. The new ActiveCare washing machines are best-in-class for stain removal, thanks to a series of three different ActiveCare technologies.
The family of three technologies, Active Mousse, Active Drum and Active Load, work together to remove tough and stubborn stains. ActiveCare makes sure your clothes are well looked after, caring for both fabrics and colours, while ensuring the very best stain removal.
Active Mousse pre-mixes the water with the laundry detergent, before it enters the washing machine drum, which increases the machine’s cleaning power by up to 60 per cent at just 20ᵒC2. The pre-mixing of water with the detergent creates a mousse, which penetrates the laundry’s fabric quicker than traditional cleaning methods, massaging the laundry to cleanliness. Stains no longer require pre-treatment, saving you money on dedicated pre-treatment stain removers.
The Active Drum is driven by a motor that creates 10 different drum motions during a single wash cycle, each one specifically designed to treat a variety of different stains. Stains are removed in just one wash, ensuring further protection of all of your laundry.
Finally, Active Load takes care of the wash time and how much water the washing machine uses per cycle. This keeps water and electricity usage to a minimum, while making sure that the very best cleaning performance is achieved.
In addition to ActiveCare technology, the 10 kg washing machine (NM11 1045 WC AUK) also features two steam programmes, Steam Hygiene and Steam Refresh, which naturally reboot the hygiene and freshness of your laundry.
The ActiveCare range of washing machines features a fresh and contemporary design. The large easy access door, which makes it easier to load and unload, is trimmed with polished chrome for a premium feel. The washing machines also feature a new and enlarged display, which is ultra-clear and easy to read, and has a touch-button user interface, making operation smooth and straightforward.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint, says: “ActiveCare technology effortlessly takes care of more than 100 stains1, even at a wash temperature of just 20ᵒC1. This means you don’t have to spend time pre-treating your laundry with dedicated stain removers. The ActiveCare series of technologies all work together to remove tough and stubborn stains, while caring for the fabrics and colours of your clothes and all your laundry. ActiveCare is the best-in-class for stain removal, meaning you can wear your favourite clothes time and time again, keeping memories and forgetting stains.”
Key features and benefits of the Hotpoint ActiveCare 10 kg washing machine
(NM11 1045 WC AUK):
- Freestanding front loading washing machine with spacious 10 kg capacity, perfect for those who have large quantities of laundry to get through
- Best-in-class stain removal achieved thanks to ActiveCare technology, which combines three innovations that effectively remove more than 100 stains at just 20ᵒC1
- Active Mousse pre-mixes the water and laundry detergent together before it enters the drum, which creates a mousse that penetrates fabrics more quickly than traditional methods, increasing the washing machine’s cleaning power by up to 60 per cent at 20ᵒC2
- Active Drum is driven by a brushless inverter motor that creates 10 different drum motions during a single wash cycle. Each motion is specifically designed to treat a variety of stains, ensuring stains are effectively removed first-time
- Active Load keeps electricity and water usage to a minimum, without compromising on cleaning performance, by automatically managing resource usage dependent on each individual load of laundry
- Steam Hygiene injects steam directly into the drum at the end of the wash cycle, removing up to 99.9 per cent of the most common bacteria and naturally rebooting the hygiene of the laundry
- Steam Refresh programme freshens the laundry by penetrating fabrics with steam, perfect for when refreshing clothes you’ve not worn in awhile
- Stop&Add allows you to add items, such as a missed sock, to the washing machine during the first few minutes of the cycle, without compromising on the wash performance
- Rapid/Eco enables you to customise the washing programme by choosing to either speed up the cycle or save energy, dependent on your individual needs, without compromising on results
- The Rapid option reduces the wash duration by up to 50 per cent3
- The Eco option reduces the energy consumption by 20 per cent3
- Woolmark programme cares for woollen items with a delicate wash programme that ensures a perfect clean while protecting the fabric’s softness
- Awarded the Allergy-UK Seal of Approval, the Anti-Allergy programme uses a combination of high temperature technology and extra rinses to neutralise and remove 99.9 per cent of major allergens including dust mites and pollen, as well as pet hair. Ideal for those with allergies and sensitive skin
- Final Care keeps laundry fresh for up to six hours after the cycle has finished, through a special tumbling action, which helps to reduce creasing and is perfect for when you are unable to immediately unload the washing machine when the cycle has finished
- Further wash programmes including synthetics, rapid 30′, delicates, rinse + spin, spin + drain, steam refresh, bed & bath, cotton, eco cotton, shirts, white and mix
- Enlarged display with premium touch-button user interface that makes operation smooth and straightforward
- Finished in white with a fresh and contemporary design, complete with a large easy-access door that is trimmed with polished chrome for a premium feel
- ‘A+++ (-20%)’ energy rating
- Variable spin speed. Maximum speed of 1400 rpm
- Wash noise level of 56 dB(A), spin noise level 76 dB(A)
- Dimensions H x W x D: 850 x 595 x 605 mm
- Also available in 8 kg (NM11 845 WC AUK) and 9 kg (NM11 945 WC AUK) capacities
- Available from retailers for around £469.99
For more information on the new range of Hotpoint ActiveCare washing machines, and any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The new Hotpoint ActiveCare 10 kg washing machine (NM11 1045 WC AUK) takes care of clothes and removes more than 100 stains at just 20ᵒC1
Notes for editor:
1 Obtained on Anti Stain program (tested on Cotton) and ActiveCare option activated. Example of stains tested: pizza, coffee, pen ink, milk with cacao, bronzer, mud.
2 Compared to a Hotpoint washing machine without ActiveCare technology
3 The % will vary according to load & programme selected.
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Lauren at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
16th October 2018