When life is busy, we can all appreciate a little help caring for things at home. Thanks to Hotpoint, consumers can spend less time on housework and more time on the things that matter most. With the introduction of the new ActiveDry system, Hotpoint is now bringing its best-ever drying performance and energy efficiency to a brand new range of dishwashers.
ActiveDry naturally air dries dishes by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm, at the end of the cycle. Taking performance and energy efficiency to new heights, opening the dishwasher door lets residual humidity exit safely and allows fresh air to enter the cavity and hasten the drying of the load. This not only offers up to 60 per cent better drying results1, but also reduces energy consumption by up to 20 per cent1, to help minimise household energy costs.
In addition to caring for dishes and the environment, Hotpoint’s ActiveDry System helps to take care of its immediate surroundings; it has been engineered to protect kitchen furniture from heat and humidity. The dishwasher door only opens when the internal temperature cools to around 40°C. In addition, the controlled 10 cm opening angle of the door has been specially designed to guide humid air from inside the appliance to ensure that moisture does not come into contact with the surrounding kitchen units. A special protective foil is also provided, which adds extra shielding to the underside of the worktop. Hotpoint’s proven2 threefold safety system ensures that even those who prefer to immediately unload their dishwasher can do so in perfect confidence that their worktop will remain unspoiled.
The new range of full-size Hotpoint dishwashers also offers exceptional cleaning thanks to 3D Zone Wash technology, which efficiently removes stubborn, baked-on food to make hand-washing dishes a thing of the past. Further benefits include Active Oxygen technology, which naturally dissolves unpleasant odours in the dishwasher, the Glass Care cycle for optimal cleaning of the user’s favourite glasses and LED lights in the tub for easier loading and unloading. What’s more, superior insulation and the smooth running inverter motor delivers incredibly quiet operation, perfect for open-plan living and working at home.
Kimberley Garner, Hotpoint Brand Manager, says: “We carefully use consumer insights to develop and design our appliances. It is clear to us that consumers are often disappointed with their dishwasher due to dishes not being completely dry when unloading. As a result, we developed the ActiveDry system to ensure that dishes aren’t only spotless and water mark free, they are also perfectly dry, with the additional benefit that consumers can improve their energy efficiency at home too. The new range includes freestanding and fully integrated models to suit a variety of kitchen styles and consumer preferences.
“We have a raft of support available for retailers, with exciting POS material available to attract and engage customers in-store to the new range.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Hotpoint freestanding dishwasher with ActiveDry (HFP 5O41 WLG X UK):
- Freestanding full-size dishwasher with a 14 place setting capacity
- ActiveDry naturally air dries dishes by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm, at the end of the cycle. This delivers up to 60 per cent better drying results1 and reduces energy consumption by up to 20 per cent1, to help minimise household energy costs.
- 3D Zone Wash technology ensures ground-breaking cleaning performance thanks to the powerful water jets from the upper and lower spray arms, combined with the variable speed inverter motor, which enables users to either increase the appliance’s performance or energy efficiency – tailoring its use to individual needs and preferences
- 3D Zone Wash can direct up to 40 per cent3 more cleaning power to a selected basket, taking on the most stubborn and baked-on food while eliminating the need to pre-wash and soak dishes
- Alternatively, users are able to direct the water to a single basket, saving up to 40 per cent4 in energy usage – perfect for those smaller loads
- Active Oxygen technology naturally dissolves unpleasant odours in the dishwasher
- Dedicated Glass Care cycle and specially designed glass holders that ensure glassware is safely washed and dried to perfection. Simply fold away when not in use to maximise the space inside the dishwasher
- LED lights in the tub for easier loading and unloading
- Magnet-guided variable speed motor provides higher precision and control, leading to optimal energy efficiency and minimal vibrations
- Flexible loading options that ensure simple and efficient loading
- Height adjustable upper basket to make room for taller items in the lower basket
- Additional third rack positioned above the upper basket and designed to hold cutlery. The rack is adjustable in width to allow for taller items in the upper basket
- Foldable flaps on the sides of the upper basket optimise the arrangement of crockery inside the rack
- 10 programmes: Eco, Auto-intensive, Auto-mixed, Auto-fast wash, Delicates, Express 30’, Good night, Sanitising, Soak and Self clean
- Tablet option allows the user to optimise the performance of the selected programme, according to the type of detergent used
- Turbo option can be used to reduce the duration of the main cycles while maintaining washing and drying performance levels
- Full text display and for ease of use and programme feedback
- Start delay to schedule a cycle at a time that suits the user, perhaps when cheaper energy tariffs are available
- Efficient ‘A+++’ energy rating and 9.5 litre water use on Eco programme
- Super quiet 41 dB(A) noise level
- Finished in stainless steel
- Dimensions: H 850 x W 600 x D 590 mm
For more information on the new range of dishwashers from Hotpoint, or any other Hotpoint appliances, please contact your account manager or visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk
- The brand new Hotpoint freestanding dishwasher with ActiveDry (HFP 5O41 WLG X UK) takes performance and energy efficiency to new heights by automatically opening the door of the dishwasher, by up to 10 cm at the end of the cycle, to naturally air dry dishes
Notes for editors:
1 Based on average drying performance and respective energy consumption of Hotpoint free-standing dishwasher with 3 racks and ActiveDry on combined load including plastics, glass, steel and porcelain as compared to Hotpoint free-standing dishwasher with 3 racks without ActiveDry. Drying performance results may vary based on dishwasher model and load.
2 Tests conducted that after 2200 cycles the countertop showed no sign of alteration
3 Average percentage of washing performance increase versus non-3D Zone Wash cycle running Auto-Intensive program, obtained on 17 different types of items with various typology of dirt. Test results verified internally.
4 Verified in the Report N° 236127-AS6-1 by VDE Test Institute.
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
24th September 2020