Hotpoint has introduced a brand new freestanding, American-style, fridge freezer (HQ9I MO1L UK) that exceeds expectations in more ways than one. At first glance, the appliance impresses with its clean and contemporary design, integrated handles and refined, stainless steel finish. The fridge freezer’s four doors open to reveal three compartments (fridge, freezer and convertible zone) offering smart, flexible storage. Finally, the hidden technologies inside the appliance create the ideal storage conditions, helping to keep food and drinks fresh for longer.
Hotpoint appliances are designed with consumers at the heart of every decision made. Hotpoint has recognised the growth of authentic home cooking amongst consumers, which has led to a greater desire for refrigeration appliances with an increased capacity1. What’s more, there is a growing demand for technologies that help consumers lead a healthy life, from storing and keeping fresh food to healthier cooking methods1. With this in mind, the brand new Hotpoint Active Four Door fridge freezer (HQ9I MO1L UK) boasts flexible storage, a large 554 litre capacity, which is equivalent to almost 31 shopping bags2, and advanced food preservation technologies.
Flexible storage is of paramount importance for consumers when purchasing a new cooling appliance. Hotpoint has listened to this valuable insight and, as a result, this innovative fridge freezer has been developed to offer users the ultimate flexibility thanks to its convertible zone, which can be used as a fridge or freezer. Furthermore, with handy pull-out shelves, an Easy Find Tray and a split shelf for additional convenience, flexibility and ease of use, the new fridge freezer provides users with a multitude of storage solutions.
Triple Cool technology means that the fridge, freezer and convertible zone have their own independent evaporator to maintain optimal temperatures and humidity levels for each compartment, which helps to preserve food for longer. Further Hotpoint Day 1 technologies, including Active Fresh Pro, Active Oxygen and Active Freeze ensure that food stays as fresh as the day it was bought for longer.
Catherine Balderson, Senior Hotpoint Brand Manager, says: “The brand new Active Four Door fridge freezer is a stunning statement appliance and will add a premium feel to any kitchen. The appliance is packed full of innovative technologies to preserve first day freshness of food. What’s more, the fridge freezer benefits from a plethora of extra features, including the in-door ice and filtered water dispenser, theatre LED lighting and an easy-to-use touch controls and display, which make the appliance a pleasure to have in the home.”
Key features and benefits of the Hotpoint Active Four Door fridge freezer (HQ9I MO1L UK):
- Large 554 litre capacity fridge freezer with flexible solutions for various storage needs, as well as innovative technologies for long lasting food freshness
- The appliance boasts three compartments – fridge, freezer and convertible zone, which can be turned into a fridge or freezer at the touch of a button
- The convertible zone has 12 temperature settings to choose from:
- From -22°C to -16°C – ideal for hard freezing food for keeping up to one year
- -12°C – ideal for desserts
- -1°C – ideal for weekly meals
- 0°C – ideal for meat and fish
- 4°C – ideal for fruit and vegetables
- 10°C – ideal for wine
- Triple Cool technology means that the fridge, freezer and convertible zone have their own independent evaporator. This ensures the fridge freezer, with its high capacity, can maintain optimal temperatures and humidity levels for each compartment, which helps to preserve food for longer
- Slim, in-door ice and filtered water dispenser, which is integrated within the fridge door, providing more storage space inside the fridge with additional balcony shelving on the door
- Electronic touch controls and display that is simple to use and easy to read, allowing you to manage the appliance with just one touch
- Efficient theatre LED lighting in the fridge for excellent visibility. The lighting gradually dims and automatically adjusts from a low light to the ideal setting, you can see your food perfectly. The freezer also has a convenient LED lighting
- Finished in anti-fingerprint stainless steel, also available in black stainless steel
- ‘A+’ energy rating
- Noise level: 41 dB(A)
- Dimensions: H 1874 x W 905 x D 724
- Available from retailers for around £2099.99
- Active Fresh Pro technology quickly restores the ideal temperature and humidity level, after the fridge has been opened, for optimal food preservation
- Active Inverter Compressor ensures precise and consistent temperature control to preserve fresh food for longer, minimising temperature fluctuation and preventing thermal shock
- Active Oxygen technology removes odours from the fridge, such as strong cheese and fish, and helps to keep bacteria at bay, preserving food for longer3
- Active Fresh Filter absorbs ethylene in the fridge to help maintain first day freshness of ethylene sensitive food, such as fruit and vegetables
- Fresh Zone – two crisper drawers that maintain the correct humidity levels for storing fruit and vegetables
- Food Care Zone – separate compartment to correctly store food such as meat and fish
- Pull out Platter Zone, which is perfect for storing large pizzas or plated items within easy reach
- Adjustable shelves to customise the fridge and to make space for tall items in an instant
- Generous 338 litre capacity
- Active Freeze reduces temperature fluctuations in the freezer compartment, eliminating freezer burn, thanks to an innovative temperature management system, for the best frozen food preservation
- Super Freezing function accelerates the freezing process with a blast of frozen air
- Never defrost your freezer again thanks to Active Defrost, which activates only when required, saving energy
- Easy Find trays located at the top of the freezer and convertible compartment to find food at a glance, with quick access
- Substantial 216 litre capacity (freezer and convertible zone combined)
For more information on the new range of Active Four Door fridge freezers from Hotpoint, or any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk
- The brand new Hotpoint Active Four Door fridge freezer (HQ9I MO1L UK) boasts flexible storage, a large capacity, and advanced food preservation technologies
Notes for editors:
1 Source: Mintel Global Trends platform 2019
2 Based on shopping bags that hold 18 litres
3 Active Oxygen technology releases tri-oxygen molecules (O3) into the fridge, neutralising unpleasant odours by up to 70 per cent and preventing bacteria growth by up to 90 per cent by oxidising them away (percentages compared to a Hotpoint fridge freezer without Active Oxygen technology)
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
26th August 2020