Hotpoint has designed a brand new integrated washing machine and washer dryer that takes laundry to next level by offering an increased capacity within the same standard footprint. The new integrated appliances will increase the user’s laundry capacity by up to 30 per cent1, without the need for additional space under the counter.
The brand new integrated offering includes a substantial 9 kg washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK) and a washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) that features a generous 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity.
Consumers are buying into the advantage of laundry appliances that benefit from a larger capacity, allowing them to wash bigger loads, less frequently and therefore more economically2. Market analysis has found that in 2018, over a third of all washing machines purchased had a capacity of 9 kg and above2. The new washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK) and washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) from Hotpoint allow those who desire a larger capacity to upgrade their appliance, without the need for more space under the counter.
Consumers often choose integrated laundry appliances if they want to keep their appliances hidden away, to create a streamlined look within their kitchen. However, the capacity of an integrated laundry appliance is often compromised by the luxury of it being built into the kitchen.
The new integrated washing machine and washer dryer from Hotpoint are the perfect solution; a spacious 9 kg capacity is ideal for large families and the appliances have been designed to fit into standard under-counter spaces3.
Not only do the new appliances enable users to wash larger loads, they also boast a variety of functions and the flexibility that consumers need to live their lives exactly the way they want. For example, the Anti Stain 40ᵒ programme quickly eliminates common stains, without the need for pre-treatment. The machine innovatively controls the correct amount of water, temperature level, detergent and drum movements, so you can say goodbye to stains, with ease.
Catherine Balderson, Senior Hotpoint Brand Manager, says: “Many consumers desire integrated appliances to create a streamlined and contemporary kitchen. Recently, it has become even more apparent that consumers are looking for laundry appliances with a larger capacity, to save time and be more efficient by doing fewer loads of laundry per week. With both of these factors in mind, Hotpoint designed the new integrated washing machine and washer dryer to offer consumers an increased capacity within the same standard footprint.”
Key features and benefits of the Hotpoint integrated washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK):
- Integrated front loading washing machine with a spacious 9 kg capacity
- The Anti Stain 40ᵒprogramme tackles the most common household stains, without requiring pre-treatment, using three technologies in one programme:
- Digital Motion Technology – the special inverter motor manages up to 10 different drum motions specific for treating everyday stains while caring for fibres
- Perfect Temperature Control innovatively controls the temperature level
- Sensor technology optimises the water consumption at every wash, ensuring a remarkable saving of resources
- Anti Stain Quick programme is a shortened cycle that works alongside the Perfect Temperature Control technology to remove everyday stains in just 45 minutes
- Care for your woollens with a delicate wash programme that ensures a perfect clean while protecting the softness of the fabric. This cycle has been approved by The Woolmark Company as a valid wash to use on woollens with the “Hand wash” label
- Eco 40-60 programme is the most efficient programme in terms of energy and water consumption for washing normally soiled cotton laundry4
- Additional programmes include: White, Bed Bath, Mixed, Cotton, Synthetics, Colours, Rapid 30‘, 20°C, Delicates, Duvet, Rinse + Spin, Spin + Drain and Eco Cotton
- Option to pause a wash cycle and, provided the water level and/or temperature isn’t too high, you can open the door if the “Door locked” indicator light goes off. This allows the user to add laundry if needed
- Start delay to wash at a desired time, perhaps when cheaper energy tariffs are available
- Multi rinse option increases the efficiency of the rinse for enhanced detergent removal, which is particularly useful for sensitive skin
- Efficient ‘A+++’ energy rating
- Maximum spin speed (rpm): 1400
- Noise level spinning: 72 dB(A)
- Noise level washing: 45 dB(A)
- Finished in white with a control dial and digital user interface for intuitive operation
- Dimensions: H 820 x W 595 x D 545 mm
- Also available in 7 kg (BI WMHG 71484 UK) and 8 kg (BI WMHG 81484 UK) capacities
- Available from retailers for around £469
For the list of key features and benefits of the Hotpoint integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK), please contact email@example.com
For more information on the brand new large capacity integrated washing machine and washer dryer from Hotpoint, or any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The Hotpoint integrated washing machine (BI WMHG 91484 UK) has a spacious 9 kg capacity and provides a variety of functions and the flexibility that consumers need to live their lives exactly the way they want
- The Hotpoint integrated washer dryer (BI WDHG 961484 UK) benefits from a generous 9 kg wash capacity and 6 kg dry capacity
Notes for editors:
1 Compared to a Hotpoint appliance with a smaller capacity
2 Home Laundry Appliances in the United Kingdom, Euromonitor International, February 2019
3 Consumers should check their individual under-counter space before purchasing a new appliance
4 Test wash cycle in compliance with EU Ecodesign regulation 2019/2014.
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
30th July 2020