Major domestic appliance manufacturer, Hotpoint has launched a brand new premium range of washing machines that wash with gentleness and ensure you achieve powerful and impeccable cleaning results, while caring for your loved ones and the environment.
The new 9 kg, ‘A’ energy rated, GentlePower washing machine (H8 W946WB UK) from Hotpoint guarantees immaculate cleaning results, as well as great resource efficiency, saving up to 65 per cent energy*, 59 per cent water* and 30 per cent detergent**, thanks to its innovative GentlePower technology and the benefit of the Auto Dose feature.
GentlePower technology is a clean water-recirculation system that evenly sprays water and detergent from the top of the drum onto the load of laundry. Compared to traditional washing machines (that release water and detergent inside the drum before being heated) this technology ensures that the minimum amount of energy and water required for the load is used.
What’s more, the washing machine’s innovative Auto Dose system uses the exact amount of detergent for every cycle. This equates to great detergent savings, beneficial for the purse as well as the environment, as you can wash up to 26 loads of laundry before refilling the tank with additional detergent***.
Ideal for households working from home, the GentlePower washing machine has multiple features to keep noise to a minimum. The Direct Drive Silent Motor and Silent Side Panels minimise vibrations and allow for a low noise level even during fast spin cycles. Furthermore, the Mixed Extra Silence programme can function as low as 60 dB(A) for the whole cycle, which is ideal for washing during the evening.
Additionally, the washing machine uses innovative steam technology so you can achieve ultimate cleaning results and complete peace of mind. Steam Hygiene fills the drum with steam, keeping its temperature at 70-80°C for around 20-30 minutes, removing up to 99.9 per cent of bacteria****. Steam Refresh revives clothes in just 20 minutes without having to put them through a full wash. Lastly, Steam Finish keeps laundry soft and plush for up to six hours, after the end of the cycle, with a special steaming and tumbling action.
Kimberley Garner, Hotpoint Brand Manager, says: “We are extremely proud to launch the brand new GentlePower range of washing machines. At Hotpoint, we believe that gentleness is the most powerful way to take care of what we love the most. Whether that’s the gentleness we use in thoroughly washing baby clothes, being gentle to neighbours by paying attention to noise, or the desire to be gentle to the environment. GentlePower technology means our consumers don’t have to make compromises while ensuring the best results with maximum savings in water and energy consumption.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Hotpoint Class 8 GentlePower washing machine (H8 W946WB UK):
- Freestanding washing machine with a generous 9 kg capacity
- Highly efficient ‘A’ energy rating (on the new A – G scale)
- GentlePower technology carefully sprays water and detergent onto the laundry like a waterfall, providing a thorough wash, while saving up to 65 per cent energy and 59 per cent water*
- The Auto Dose system uses the perfect amount of detergent for every cycle, so you can wash up to 26 loads*** without refilling the tank, saving up to 30 per cent detergent**
- Anti Stain programme automatically sets the right amount of water, takes control of the temperature to optimise the detergent activation, and adjusts the drum’s movements to remove more than 100 stains, at only 20°C, without pre-treatment*****
- Steam 3.0 technologies provide ultimate cleaning results:
- Steam Hygiene removes up to 99.9 per cent of bacteria**** by injecting steam directly into the drum at the end of selected wash cycles
- The 20 minute Steam Refresh cycle refreshes clothes without washing
- Steam Finish option keeps laundry tumbling with injections of steam for up to six hours, after the end of the cycle. This is ideal for when you are unable to unload your laundry immediately and keeps the laundry soft and fresh, while reducing creasing
- Super silent washing machine that blends into the home, guaranteeing immaculate washing and a high spinning performance with a low noise level
- Direct Drive Silent Motor replaces the traditional belt driven motor and rotates the drum directly, offering quality, reliability and minimum noise levels
- Mixed Extra Silence programme works as low as 60 dB(A) for the whole cycle
- Silent Side Panels reduce noise by minimising the vibration created during the washing and spinning phases
- ‘A’ class 71 dB(A) noise level
- Awarded the Allergy-UK Seal of Approval, the Anti-Allergy programme uses a combination of high temperature technology and extra rinses to neutralise and remove up to 99.9 per cent****** of major allergens, including dust mites and pollen
- Over 87 per cent of the washing machine can be recycled at the end of its lifecycle, which helps to save resources and reduce waste
- The drum light is automatically activated whenever the door is opened, so you have perfect visibility inside the machine
- Antimicrobic door seal that banishes up to 99 per cent of bacteria*******
- Finished in white with a satin finish chrome dial, sleek edge-to-edge door with clear drum visibility, and user-friendly interface with a large display, touch buttons and colour highlights to ensure intuitive interaction
- Five year parts and labour warranty on the appliance, as well as a 20 year warranty on the Direct Drive Silent Motor, for added peace of mind
- Dimensions: H 845 x W 599 x D 643 mm
For more information on the new range of GentlePower washing machines, or any Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk
- The brand new Hotpoint Class 8 GentlePower washing machine (H8 W946WB UK) guarantees impeccable cleaning results as well as great resource efficiency
Notes for editors:
* Tested on ECO 40-60 cycle with and without GentlePower and Load Detect
** Compared to reco dosage of most sold (concentrated) liquid detergents (Euromonitor, Germany 2019)
*** Using liquid detergent tank with a load amount of 5 kg (normative Cotton load according to IEC 60456 Standard), and a detergent concentration of 4X (Mid 20<ml<35)
**** Tested by Allergy UK
***** Tested on cotton
****** The cycle is tested and certified by Allergy UK
******* Certificated by TUV
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
15th September 2021
About jmm PR:
jmm PR is a PR, social media and influencer marketing agency that offers a range of bespoke and innovative marketing services that can make a real difference to your business.
With decades of experience and proven success in raising the profiles and awareness of brands and businesses, jmm PR has extensive public relations and commercial knowledge, which can effectively contribute to the growth of your business. In addition, services include writing press releases, proof reading and copy writing, plus campaign and event support, social media and influencer planning and marketing.
jmm PR offers solutions for businesses of all sizes, including PR packages designed to support SMEs in addition to annual press office management to complement marketing plans of larger organisations.