InSinkErator®, the global leader and inventor of food waste disposers and major player in the steaming hot water taps market, offers the answer to the growing problem of food waste with an environmentally-responsible solution.
Seven million tonnes of food and drink are wasted every year in the UK, according to WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Programme), which is resulting in a huge strain on landfill sites. An InSinkErator® food waste disposer is a modern kitchen appliance offering an easy and practical alternative to managing food waste. It is installed under the kitchen sink and connected to the normal sink drain. Within seconds the disposer grinds food waste into minute particles, which are flushed into the sewage system.
Food waste disposers, such as the InSinkErator® Evolution 200, have always played an important role in responsible food waste management. They divert organic waste from landfill where it would create methane gas emissions and leachate. Food waste that is sent to a wastewater treatment plant can be converted to fertiliser or renewable energy, helping to reduce the planet’s carbon footprint.
If a community of 30,000* people switched from landfilling food scraps to sending most of it to the local wastewater treatment plant via a disposer, it would be equivalent to:
- Planting 13,700 trees
- Enough electricity to power 25 homes for a year
- Saving an average car 4.6 million miles
Ashley Munden, Managing Director, Europe, for InSinkErator®, says: “Food waste disposers provide a clean, convenient and environmentally-responsible method of ridding the kitchen of food scraps. At the touch of a button, food waste is dealt with instantly and hygienically, rather than leaving it in a bin to encourage smells, bacteria and insects. Above all, it reduces the amount of food going to landfill and affords us the opportunity to produce renewable energy from waste.”
Key features and benefits of the InSinkErator® Evolution 200 food waste disposal unit:
- Top of the range model featuring three-stage grind technology and quiet operation
- Premium technology allows grinding of all food waste without the use of blades
- Up to 60 per cent quieter than standard models
- Power booster circuit with microprocessor increased torque to tackle the most difficult-to-grind foods
- Durable and robust stainless steel grind chamber (1180ml) and stainless steel superior grinding elements to handle all waste
- Auto-reverse action for extended product life and trouble free operation
- Stainless steel strainer basket and plug
- Built-in air switch (in polished chrome or brushed steel) accessory for easy installation and added convenience
- Six-year parts and labour guarantee
- Dimensions: H 344 x W 234 x D 234 mm
For more information about InSinkErator® food waste disposers call 01923 297 880 or visit the company’s website at www.insinkerator.co.uk
Image caption: The InSinkErator® Evolution 200 food waste disposal unit
Notes for Editors
*From the ‘Environmental Benefits of Food Waste Disposers’ leaflet by Emerson
InSinkErator® UK, a business unit of Emerson, is the UK and world’s largest manufacturer of food waste disposers and the clear global market leader. Food waste disposers divert around 20 per cent of household waste away from landfill and have been shown to have a smaller carbon footprint than kerbside collection. In 2007 InSinkErator® launched a brand new product, the Steaming Hot Water Tap, which delivers 98 degree centigrade, filtered, hot water on demand.
For further press information and images please contact:
Sara at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
2nd April 2014