KitchenAid, the luxury appliance manufacturer, has extended their range of sous-vide appliances with the launch of a new 14 cm vacuum drawer, extending the designers’ choice when planning a KitchenAid sous-vide cooking system.
Sous-vide is a low temperature cooking method that retains the flavour of every ingredient, keeping food succulent and tender. The new built-in 14 cm vacuum drawer (KVXXX 14600) is the latest addition to the Kitchen Chef Touch series of appliances, which facilitates home sous-vide cooking.
Using the new vacuum drawer, fresh ingredients are sealed into dedicated pouches, which are then vacuum packed. This considerably reduces the oxidation of food allowing longer lasting, extraordinary food preservation (up to 8 times versus normal fridge preservation and up to 3 times compared to normal freezer preservation). Following this, food may be stored in the refrigerator for immediate use or preserved for later with the aid of the KitchenAid Chef Touch shock freezer. Finally, the food is cooked, very delicately, using the Chef Touch steam oven for professional, restaurant results.
The new 14 cm vacuum drawer aligns perfectly with other appliances in the Chef Touch collection. Not only this, it is also designed to align seamlessly with the KitchenAid built-in cooking collection. It is ideal where a sleek and professional horizontal bank of KitchenAid appliances is sought, mixing ovens and a coffee machine with warming drawer or a vacuum drawer, to create perfect synergy. The vacuum drawer is available in stainless steel (KVXXX 14600) and KitchenAid’s award winning black stainless steel (KVXXXB 14600), offering greater design opportunities.
The vacuum drawer creates the ideal conditions to guarantee the longer-lasting freshness demanded by professional chefs. It is suitable for any occasion and has seven Chef cycles to manage everything from sauces and marinades, to infusions and cleansing mussels. The new design of the 14 cm vacuum drawer accommodates both food bags and containers. Offering three power levels, the vacuum drawer also benefits from a glass-touch interface, featuring an LCD display, for a premium user experience.
Lee Collett, Channel Controller, KitchenAid, says: “The new 14 cm vacuum drawer is a convenient size to incorporate professional-level sous-vide cooking into a kitchen design. It can be integrated within the Chef Touch collection, alongside a KitchenAid steam oven and the KitchenAid shock freezer, combining three high-level appliances to deliver outstanding, healthy dishes time after time.
Not only this, the new 14 cm vacuum drawer (KVXXXB 14600) is also designed to align perfectly with the KitchenAid Black Stainless Steel range. With this new addition to the KitchenAid portfolio, the joy of sous-vide has never been easier to integrate into a kitchen design and give consumers the opportunity to discover and explore this highly professional option.”
Key features and benefits of the KitchenAid 14 cm vacuum drawer (KVXXX 14600):
- Low pressure vacuum chamber, comparable to that of a professional appliance, which removes air from the dedicated pouch/container to create ideal preservation conditions, resulting in longer-lasting freshness
- Precise vacuum sensor that reaches a level of 2-10 mbar (99.9 per cent) final achievable vacuum level. It considerably reduces the oxidation of food allowing longer lasting, extraordinary food preservation (up to 8 times versus normal fridge preservation and up to 3 times versus normal freezer preservation)
- Three power levels to seal different kinds of containers
- Features a double phase of thermo sealing for an even greater reassurance
- Seven Chef cycles:
- Preserve sauces and liquids using vacuum technology
- Two maturing cycles for better appearance, taste and nutritional value
- Two marinating cycles to prepare your ingredients for cooking
- Infuse ingredients with aromatic tastes and seasoning
- Clean sand from fresh mussels
- Glass lid that is easy to open with the touch of a finger
- Premium glass touch interface featuring an LCD display
- Finished in anti-fingerprint stainless steel
- Also available in black stainless steel (KVXXXB 14600)
- Dimensions H x W x D: 135 x 548 x 565 mm
For more information on the KitchenAid 14 cm vacuum drawer (KVXXX 14600) and any other KitchenAid major domestic appliances, please contact your account manager or visit the website at www.kitchenaid.co.uk.
- The KitchenAid 14 cm vacuum drawer creates the ideal conditions to guarantee the longer-lasting freshness demanded by professional chefs
- The new KitchenAid 14 cm vacuum drawer aligns perfectly with other appliances in the Chef Touch collection to facilitate sous-vide cooking
Since the introduction of its legendary stand mixer in 1919 and its first dishwasher in 1949, KitchenAid has built on the legacy of these icons to create a complete product line – from utensils to appliances large and small that offer professional performance and are designed for the passionate maker. The KitchenAid brand celebrated its 90th anniversary in 2009 and forms part of the Whirlpool Corporation.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 21,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
For further press information and images, please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
26th June 2019