Maytag, the premium appliance manufacturer renowned for its quality and reliability, helps the consumer reduce water consumption in their home with its efficient products, lowering utility bills.
Due to resource costs being constantly on the rise, the consumer is searching for efficient appliances which don’t cost the earth to run, and offer savings far into the future. Maytag’s collection of appliances boasts outstanding water and energy efficiency alongside being durable and robust for long-term satisfaction.
The Maytag ‘A+AA’ energy rated MDW 606 AWG freestanding dishwasher is one of the world’s best dishwashers for water efficiency1, using just six-litres per cycle. It offers outstanding capacity and flexibility, and a range of intelligent programmes to deliver perfect results every time.
A further appliance from Maytag which can help the consumer reduce water consumption in their home is the MWA 09149 WH/1 washing machine. This machine provides a generous 9kg capacity, meaning the washing can be done less often, and uses 64-litres of water per cycle. An added bonus too is the excellent ‘A+++’ energy rating.
Both of these appliances boast Maytag’s IntelliSense® technology, which guarantees the precise adaptation of resources. The intelligent technology carefully senses each load and optimises the energy and water usage.
Juliana Sado, Brand Marketing Manager for Maytag, says: “Resource efficiency is beginning to become the deciding factor when choosing a new appliance, due to consumers trying to reduce ever-increasing utility bills.
“Efficient, durable and robust products are Maytag’s speciality and reducing resource consumption is top of mind when producing appliances. Our MDW 606 AWG dishwasher is one of the world’s most water efficient dishwashers1 and uses far less water than washing up by hand.”
Key features and benefits of the Maytag MDW 606 AWG freestanding dishwasher:
• World class low water consumption using just six-litres per cycle and ‘A+AA’ energy rated
• Generous 13-place setting capacity
• IntelliSense® advanced sensor technology automatically selects the most economical and effective programme according to level of soiling, guaranteeing optimum resource efficiency
• ‘Impulse Pulse’ pump technology alternates low and high pressure throughout the cycle to reduce the total water volume throughout the wash
• Saves up to 50 per cent2 on water, energy and time
• To offer such low resource usage the water from the last rinse in the cycle is stored in a special tank. This water is filtered and automatically drained to prevent bacteria formation if dishwasher isn’t used for more than three days
• Steam Clean option combines with IntelliSense® technology to gently remove dried on food and stubborn stains such as lipstick, coffee and tea; and offers sanitisation too
• Six programmes; Intellisense® Steam 40°C, Intellisense® Steam 70°C, Prewash, Glass 40°C, Eco 50°C, Overnight 55°C, Quick 45°C 30 minute programme
• Special options include; Jet Pro Clean, Jet Clean, Zone selection, Tablet option and an Antibacterial Rinse
• Flexible, adjustable and removable upper and lower racks and baskets to make room for larger items when necessary
• Start delay to take advantage of lower energy tariffs which may be available at night
• Interactive display for feedback at a glance
• Low noise level of just 42 dB(A)
• Dimensions: H 850 x W 597 x D 590 mm
For more information about the Maytag MDW 606 AWG dishwasher or the MWA 09149 WH washing machine call Maytag UK on 0844 499 0101, or visit the website at www.maytag.co.uk.
Image caption: Maytag’s freestanding MDW 606 AWG dishwasher boasting best in class water efficiency, using just six-litres per cycle
Notes for Editors:
1Status as of February 2011
2Comparison with standard dishwasher without IntelliSense®
5th December 2012
For further press information and images contact:
Tel: 01536 414555