Major appliance manufacturer Hotpoint has launched a new range of ActiveCare tumble dryers, to perfectly complement its recently launched range of ActiveCare washing machines.
Clothes produce lint during every moment of its life, which is heightened when drying either on a washing line or tumble dryer. Hotpoint recognises the significance of this and has therefore developed its range of ActiveCare tumble dryers, which takes better care of clothes during drying. ActiveCare tumble dryer technology is a combination of two innovations, Anti-Stress Movements and Perfect Temperature Control, which together prevent clothes from wearing out by up to 40 per cent1.
Anti-Stress Movements ensure that as the load of laundry dries, items cling to the side of the tumble dryer’s drum. By doing so, clothes are better protected from wearing out as they are less likely to chafe. In addition, the Perfect Temperature Control closely monitors and precisely controls the temperature of the tumble dryer. The consistent temperature of the tumble dryer, together with the reduction of the clothes’ movements within the drum, takes better care of the clothes and keeps them looking their best for longer.
Not only does the Hotpoint ActiveCare range of tumble dryers take better care of clothes, the significant choice of programmes and additional drying options ensures the best drying results for all types of laundry load. The 8 kg model (NT M11 82XB) benefits from a dedicated woollens programme, which is endorsed by Woolmark, alongside programmes for synthetics, silk and cotton.
Offering a helping hand in the drying process, the ActiveCare tumble dryers also allows you to choose the dryness level, depending on whether you wish for clothes to be ready for ironing or put straight away into the wardrobe. The range of tumble dryers also benefit from additional options including timed drying and crease care, which helps to make ironing easier.
The ActiveCare range of tumble dryers features a fresh and contemporary design. The large, easy access, door makes it easier to load and unload the machine and the ultra-clear display is effortless to read and features a touch-button user interface, making operation smooth and straightforward.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint, says: “Appliances from Hotpoint take care of what matters most. ActiveCare takes care of our clothes and means we can keep them looking their best for longer. The innovative features work to protect our clothes, reducing the production of lint, which in turn prevents clothes from wearing out and keeps them looking their best for longer.”
Key features and benefits of the 8 kg Hotpoint ActiveCare heat pump tumble dryer
(NT M11 82XB):
- Patented ActiveCare technology combines two innovations that together minimise the stress on clothes by up to 40 per cent1
- Anti-Stress Movements ensure that as the clothes dry they cling to the side of the drum, to minimise chafing and better protect the clothes
- Perfect Temperature Control closely monitors and precisely controls the ActiveCare tumble dryer’s temperature, to keep it constant and take better care of clothes
- Anti-Allergy cycle, approved by Allergy UK, effectively reduces and eliminates allergens
- Dedicated programme for drying woollens, which is endorsed by Woolmark, for complete peace of mind
- Pre-Iron cycle releases the creases on already dried clothes, which makes them easier to iron. The air is warmed up to 50°C to relax fibres and reduce wrinkles
- Refresh programme suitable for refreshing clothes by means of fresh air, perfect for when the seasons change and the winter or summer wardrobe needs revitalising. Programme is not suitable for wet clothes
- Additional dedicated programmes to fulfil a variety of needs include: mixed, eco cotton, synthetics, silk, daily, cuddly toys, duvet, bed & bath, baby, jeans, shirts
- The Dryness Level is adjustable and the option allows you to choose the level of residual moisture left in the clothes after drying, for easy care and greater protection of your clothes. This option ensures the correct dryness level is reached and your clothes are dried perfectly and carefully every time. The options include:
- Iron Dry makes the clothes easier to iron immediately after the end of the cycle
- Hanger Dry is ideal for delicate items that are ready to be hung once removed from the tumble dryer
- Cupboard Dry ensures clothes are ready to be folded and put away
- Extra Dry to be used for when clothes are to be worn straight after drying
- Further options include:
- Timed drying allows you to set a drying time of your choice
- Speed + setting reduces the drying cycle by up to 25 per cent2 on a full laundry load
- Crease Care reduces creasing by periodically rotating the drum at the end of the cycle, for when you are not able to unload the tumble dryer immediately after the cycle has finished
- Start delay option allows you to delay the start of the cycle
- Easy cleaning of the condenser filter is achieved by the single ergonomic handle, which makes removing the filter smooth and effortless
- ‘A++’ energy rating achieved by innovative heat pump technology, which recycles warm air until clothes are perfectly dry, maximises energy efficiency when tumble drying and ensures a saving in energy usage of over 45 per cent3
- Noise level of 65 dB(A)
- Freestanding front loading tumble dryer with spacious 8 kg capacity, taking care of larger loads
- Dimensions H x W x D: 849 x 595 x 655 mm
- Available from retailers for around £479.99
For more information on the new range of Hotpoint ActiveCare tumble dryers, and any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The new Hotpoint ActiveCare 8 kg heat pump tumble dryer (NT M11 82XB) delivers the very best drying results, while taking care clothes, and reduces fabric wear out by up to 40 per cent1
Notes for editor:
1 Up to 40% based on jeans program without ActiveCare option for 20 runs on lint reduction
2 Result obtained with a full load cotton cycle vs the same cycle without Speed+ option activated, on a A+++ 9kg machine. Available on eco cotton, duvet, jeans, shirts and bed&bath cycles.
3 Heat pump technology delivers the most efficient energy usage compared with condenser or vented tumble dryers. With an ‘A+’ heat pump tumble dryer you will save over 45% compared to a ‘B’ rated tumble dryer
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Lauren at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
22nd November 2018