Major appliance manufacturer Hotpoint has launched a new range of induction hobs that feature ActiveCook technology, which maximises flexible cooking and helps everyone to effortlessly cook delicious dishes.
ActiveCook is made up of three different features that help to make light work of cooking: My Menu, Active Heat and Total Flexi technology. Induction hobs ensure improved energy efficiency and, thanks to additional features such as ActiveCook, offer greater flexibility when cooking.
The Hotpoint ActiveCook induction hob (ACP 778 C/BA) takes flexible cooking to the next level, with eight individual cooking zones. Each of the eight individual cooking zones can be combined to create unique and bespoke cooking zones that will perfectly accommodate your pots and pans, no matter their shape or size.
Total Flexi technology means that there are no gaps between each of the eight cooking zones. Excluding the control panel at the front, every inch of the hob’s surface can be used when cooking and with great precision too, thanks to the 18 different power levels. If needed, the entire surface of the hob can be combined using Total Flexi, to create one single cooking zone. This feature comes in great use when cooking with the largest and most awkwardly shaped pans, or multiple pans at the same temperature.
For those times when the entire surface is needed, when cooking with multiple pans, but at different temperatures, the Active Heat feature steps in. Active Heat divides the entire surface of the hob into four separate cooking zones. Each zone is simultaneously activated at a different pre-set cooking level and allows the user to move pots and pans from one zone to another, without the need to adjust the power levels or settings.
Flexible cooking zones allow you to flex your creativity in the kitchen, maximising the hob’s functionality to perfectly accommodate your individual needs and preferences. For those times when a helping hand is needed, My Menu is there to assist with cooking processes. My Menu guides you through cooking processes with step-by-step instructions and assists in the perfect cooking of 63 different recipes, including favourites and mid-week go-to dishes such as omelettes and pan-fried fish.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint, says: “At Hotpoint, we understand that there is demand for hobs that offer sophisticated functions as well as greater flexibility1. With this in mind, Hotpoint has developed the Active Cook range of induction hobs, which encourage users to get creative when cooking with induction. Hotpoint also appreciates that due to hectic lifestyles or for those dishes we feel less confident cooking, culinary assistance is greatly appreciated. My Menu allows everyone to cook great dishes, because we can all do with a helping hand from time to time.”
Key features and benefits of the 770 mm Hotpoint Active Cook induction hob
(ACP 778 C/BA):
- Induction hob, measuring 770 mm in width, finished in sleek black glass and featuring eight individual cooking zones to comfortably accommodate a multitude of pots and pans
- ActiveCook is made up of three different features that make light work of cooking: My Menu, Active Heat and Total Flexi
- My Menu assists you through the cooking process of up to 63 common recipes and cooking methods, to ensure the very best results when a helping hand is needed
- Simply select the category of food being prepared and your desired cooking method, such as boiling or pan-frying. The hob will then guide you through the cooking process from start to finish with prompts showed on the manage functions display, which is positioned on the right-hand side of the control panel
- Pre-set cooking methods include melting, simmering, boiling, pan-frying and grilling, for a range of food categories including meat, fish and dairy. There is also a Moka feature – for stove-top coffee makers
- Active Heat technology is for when the entire surface of the hob is needed for cooking, but at different temperatures. Active Heat splits the entire surface of the hob into four separate cooking zones and simultaneously activates four different pre-set power levels, which can be adjusted as and when needed
- The entire surface of the hob can be used for cooking, with no gaps between cooking zones. Thanks to Total Flexi technology, the entire surface of the hob can be used as one cooking zone, making room for the largest and awkwardly shaped pots and pans
- Eight individual cooking zones comfortably accommodate a multitude of pots and pans and allows the entire surface of the hob to be used for cooking
- The desired cooking zone is selected from the cooking zone selection display, located on the left-hand side of the control panel, by selecting the corresponding control pane
- Total Flexi technology also allows multiple cooking zones to be combined by sliding across the panes on the control panel, creating a bespoke cooking zone to suit your individual needs. The hob will intuitively recognise where the pan has been placed and generate heat as and when required
- With 18 different power levels, each dish being prepared can be precisely controlled to ensure the very best cooking results
- Elegant and easy-to-use Text Display, which is interactive and provides full step-by-step assistance when needed
- Intuitive touch controls for a premium user experience. The slide touchscreen allows for precise and effortless control of cooking processes
- Key Lock feature prevents accidental activation or change of controls of the hob during cleaning and cooking for added safety
- Minimal aesthetic with sophisticated black glass that is finished with a contemporary and stylish bevelled edge
- Dimensions: H x W x D x 53 x 770 x 510 mm
- Available from retailers for around £749.99
For more information on the new range of Hotpoint Active Cook induction hobs, and any other Hotpoint appliances, please visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The 770 mm Hotpoint Active Cook induction hob (ACP 778 C/BA) features intelligent technology to provide extended capabilities that ensure a more versatile and flexible cooking experience
Notes for editor:
1 Taste Exploration Survey, Whirlpool Corporation
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Lauren at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
11th December 2018