Hotpoint has launched a new freestanding microwave oven with grill and crisp plate (MWHF 206 B) that features Flat Bed Technology, which creates more space for the user to cook multiple dishes simultaneously. The compact microwave has a 20 litre capacity, with the same usable space of a Hotpoint 25 litre capacity microwave.
A clever alternative to the traditional microwave turntable, Flat Bed Technology optimises the space available, allowing the user to position several dishes of different shapes and sizes in the microwave at the same time, which eliminates the time wasted for different dishes to cook individually.
The freestanding microwave (MWHF 206 B) does so much more than just reheating and defrosting, with a multitude of clever technologies that enable consumers to cook perfect dishes quickly and easily. The intelligent microwave uses the heat of the grill and the square crisp plate accessory to ensure food is deliciously golden and crisp, even underneath.
With up to 25 automatic programmes, the AutoCook Function enables the user to cook tasty meals, including rice, scrambled eggs, vegetable soup and sausages at the touch of a button. The time and power level will be set automatically to perfectly cook a variety of meals without any hassle. In addition, the AutoClean programme eliminates the effort of cleaning the microwave while its smooth interior coat is easy to wipe, making cleaning the microwave even easier.
Jennifer Taylor, Head of Brand, Hotpoint, says: “With the size of the home shrinking and morphing into one living space, there has never been so much pressure to maximise the use of space so prolifically. Compact appliances with multifunctional benefits bring a wealth of cooking opportunities into the smallest of spaces.
“Flat bed microwaves do not have turntable and therefore create additional space in the cavity. The new Hotpoint freestanding microwave (MWHF 206 B) comes with a unique square crisp plate to further maximise the space and enable the user to cook meals that are crisp and full of flavour.”
Key features and benefits of the freestanding Hotpoint microwave oven with grill (MWHF 206 B):
- Freestanding countertop multifunction microwave oven with grill
- 20 litre capacity, with the same usable space of a Hotpoint 25 litre capacity microwave
- 800 W maximum microwave power, with six power levels for complete control and cooking excellence, and 800 W grill
- Combi Grill function combines microwave and grill cooking for the ultimate versatility
- Automatic Defrost setting ensures quick and easy automatic defrosting of dishes such as meat, poultry, fish and vegetables; a manual defrost option is also available
- AutoCook enables the user to cook tasty meals with the touch of a button. There are up to 25 automatic programmes available including rice, scrambled eggs, vegetable, salmon and chicken
- AutoClean programme cleans the inside of the microwave oven and effectively removes lingering odours
- Innovative smart functions include Keep warm, Dough raising and Melting function
- Jet Start automatically sets the microwave oven to its maximum power for 30 seconds and switches off afterwards
- Wire rack accessory enables effective results when using the grill function
- Crisp plate that is square to fit the cavity perfectly, maximising the space to crisp food. Using both microwave power and the grill, the square crisp plate rapidly reaches the right temperature, perfectly browning and crisping food. The plate comes with a removable dishwasher safe handle to ensure the safe removal of the hot plate from the microwave oven
- LED electronic touch controls to cook with precision at the touch of a fingertip
- Child lock function, which prevents use of the control panel, is automatically activated when the microwave is not in use
- Eco standby mode reduces standby power usage
- Interior light for improved visibility within the microwave oven
- Premium black glass finish and white enamel interior, which is easy to wipe clean
- Dimensions: H x W x D 303 x 473 x 384
For more information on the range of Hotpoint freestanding microwaves, and any other Hotpoint appliances, please contact your account manager or visit the website at www.hotpoint.co.uk.
- The new freestanding Hotpoint microwave oven with grill (MWHF 206 B) features Flat Bed Technology, which creates more space for the user to cook multiple dishes simultaneously
Hotpoint is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. A Hotpoint appliance is sold every 19 seconds in the UK and on average 2 of every 3 UK homes have a Hotpoint appliance installed. Voted the UK’s most trusted kitchen appliance brand by Readers’ Digest for 11 consecutive years, the brand is recognised as a ‘Consumer Superbrand’. Hotpoint, founded in 1911, has a history of trusted innovation recognised for over 100 years. Delivering outstanding results for generations of UK consumers through technology and style are the cornerstones of Hotpoint’s philosophy. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2016, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $21 billion in annual sales, employs over 93,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technology research worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 21,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tessa at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
14th February 2019