The eighth SafeCom annual regulatory conference, organised and conducted by Safeware Quasar has announced its conference speakers for the event.
The SafeCom annual conference is the UK’s largest chemical regulatory conference and one of the most prestigious in Europe. This year boasts an impressive line-up of eminent speakers, with presentations of vital information on the complex regulatory changes due in the next half decade.
Speakers and topics include:
• Mark Selby, Denehurst Chemical Safety/REACH Ready – ‘The importance of exposure scenarios in the development of the extended SDS.’
• Dr. Uta Jensen-Korte, Director General, FECC (European Association of Chemical Distributors) – ‘Extended SDS and supply chain communications.’
• Tim Harris, Health & Safety Executive – ‘CLP What can we expect in five years,’
• Simon Robinson, Safeware Quasar – ‘ESCOM Xml, EUPHRAC as a basis for exposure scenarios.’
• Andrew Fasey, ECHA (European Chemicals Agency) – ‘REACH: The appeals process and experience with cases to date.’
• Dr. Jo Lloyd, REACH Ready – ‘SVHC’S updated consequences on CL and impending authorisation.’
• Desmond Waight, Dangoods Training and Consultancy – ‘Transport of dangerous goods update 2012.’
• Hazi Mistry, Safeware Quasar – ‘Compliance solutions; the latest developments in software and a sneak preview into new product developments for SDS Authoring, labelling and distribution.’
The event is open to everyone who works in the chemical industry, and it is an ideal opportunity to experience first-hand information on the many regulatory changes and significant principals to be published that will require interpreting and monitoring.
There is also an exhibition of companies demonstrating numerous new products and the latest technologies, with many making their first appearance.
Simon Robinson, Technical Director for Safeware Quasar explains: “This is a critical time of change in industry regulations, which are going to have a significant impact on us all. As the Safety Data Sheet is being extended to include ‘Exposure Scenarios’ it is imperative that all companies and organisations understand these and can interpret them. We will be providing the necessary practical applications to decipher, simplify and demonstrate how to apply them in various fields of interest. With the eminent expert speakers we have lined-up the conference will be invaluable.
“Additionally, the event is a fabulous opportunity to network with fellow colleagues, and to renew friendships and make new acquaintances. It gives everyone the chance to realise that although the industry regulations are tough, you are not alone and there is help out there! Come and join us and get the most up-to-date information you need to help your business flourish.”
The SafeCom Conference is at the St. Johns Hotel, Solihull and starts on the evening of the 7th March and closes on 8th March 2012 at 16.30 hours.
For more information on the SafeCom 2012 conference visit the website at http://www.safecom-conferences.co.uk/2012 or call 0115 965 1888 or email Lori@safeware.co.uk
To arrange an in-depth interview with Hazi Mistry, Managing Director or Simon Robinson, Technical Director of Safeware Quasar, the organisers of the SafeCom Annual Regulatory Conference 2012, please call Jacqueline at JM Marketing on 01536 414555 or email: PR@jmmarketingservices.
1st February 2012
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555