Ordinary products do not win the prized iF award for design and ground-breaking technological content. This most prestigious of industry competitions involves a jury of international designers passing judgement on hundreds of new products from many different countries.
But it is no shock that KitchenAid’s genuinely unique KRAB 6010 Shock Freezer can count the iF award among its many impressive credentials. That much bandied word, ’unique’, is so often devalued, but this incredible product preserves food like no other on the domestic market.
KitchenAid’s attractively designed built-in model incorporates shock freezing and blast chilling technology normally only available on commercial models. The premium manufacturer prides itself on bringing professional-style products to the domestic kitchen.
Shock freezing produces a significant increase in the length of time that foods can be preserved. KitchenAid’s KRAB 6010 freezer reduces temperatures from +90°C to -18°C within four hours, enabling it to preserve foods up to three times longer than traditional methods.
Likewise, the machine’s blast chilling and drinks cooling technology reduces temperatures from +90°C to +3°C within one and a half hours and can even chill drinks in minutes.
This truly revolutionary technology is considerably more dramatic and comprehensive than other freezing and chilling methods, as the core temperature of foods is reduced in rapid time. Flavour, texture, smell and colour are thus preserved to a much higher standard. When defrosted, even the most delicate of foods retain their flavour, texture and their nutritional content.
Caroline Guillermard, Product Marketing Manager, Premium, for KitchenAid, says: “The KRAB 6010 Shock Freezer typifies the KitchenAid professional approach to domestic appliances. We have a well-earned reputation for producing high quality kitchen products with a difference as we constantly look to evolve and lead the field.
“KitchenAid products are aspirational that stand alone in their distinct classic design and inventiveness. They are beautifully made and the technology is professional and superb. Our Shock Freezer doesn’t just catch the eye with its EasyClean stainless steel finish and blue control panel; it captures the mind with its revolutionary method of preserving food to the highest standard. It’s a genuine shocker – but in the nicest possible way!”
Key features of the KitchenAid KRAB 6010 Shock Freezer:
- Built-in 60cm freezer with revolutionary shock freezing and blast chilling technology
- Shock freezing function reduces temperatures radically from +90°C to -18°C within four hours, preserving food up to three times longer than traditional methods
- Flavour, smell, colour and texture of even the most delicate foods preserved to a much higher standard, maintaining nutritional content
- Blast chilling and drinks cooling function reduces temperatures from +90°C to +3°C within 1 ½ hours and chills drinks in minutes
- Temperature probe for exceptional precision and freezing accuracy
- Capacity of 37 litres
- Time and temperature operation modes with programme end alarm
- Styled in EasyClean, scratch-proof and anti-corrosive stainless steel featuring nanotechnology that produces a thin and durable layer to protect and preserve the surface
- Eye-catching blue LCD control display
- Dimensions H x W x D: 595 x 595 x 578 mm
For more information on KitchenAid’s KRAB 6010 Shock Freezer and other appliances in the company’s range, call your Regional Business Manager or KitchenAid on 0800 988 1266 or visit the website at www.kitchenaid.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: KitchenAid’s professionally designed, built-in KRAB 6010 Shock Freezer incorporates shock freezing and blast chilling technology normally only available on commercial models.
8th June 2010
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555