The convergence of different applications and technologies continues to be an ongoing and exciting development in home appliances, as boundary lines become blurred and any permutation becomes possible.
Slovenian brand Gorenje has already fashioned an enviable reputation for its imaginative and design-led approach to kitchen appliances and now makes a significant statement of intent with its RK 1000IP freestanding iPod touch fridge freezer.
This vibrant union of cutting edge cooling and multimedia technology is perhaps the most revolutionary step yet in the fridge freezer’s dramatic elevation from ‘boring white box’ to the rock star of the kitchen!
Yet Gorenje’s offering is no gimmicky product to get tongues wagging; and while its multimedia qualities are of the very highest order, the intelligent cooling technology that powers the fridge freezer is equally impressive.
The iPod touch is the world’s most popular audio and video player, enabling users to surf the web, listen to music, watch videos and play games. Gorenje’s fridge freezer has two 50W speakers and an iPod docking station conveniently installed on the front. The station allows charging of the iPod touch, as well as the playback of music and videos at the same time.
The functionality of this high-tech fridge freezer is complemented by wireless internet connection that allows easy access to the internet and its countless applications. Gorenje has also developed its own iGorenje portal (www.igorenje.com), which is optimised for display on the iPod touch and other popular portable devices such as mobile phones, PDAs and tablet computers. The iGorenje portal offers advice and recipes both in text and video format. Users can listen to music while scrolling through convenient hints and tips on household tasks.
The fridge freezer itself is packed with the latest intelligent technology and user-friendly solutions. Electronically controlled it achieves an ‘A+’ energy rating, with the benefit of high level thermal insulation, improved door sealing and a state-of-the-art cooling system that cuts power consumption to the minimum.
Even and rapid cooling is achieved throughout the refrigerator compartment, while the constant recirculation of cool air prevents the accumulation of condensation on the back wall and under the shelves. A perfect environment is thus created for storing food and keeping it fresh over a long period.
The distinctive and clever shape of the refrigerator allows optimum use of its space, with innovative solutions for logical sorting, easy access and an excellent overview of the contents. Fast and simple serving of ready-made food is facilitated by two Ready ‘n’ Serve removable trays which can simply be taken from the fridge and used in place of a conventional serving tray. Another handy and innovative feature is a cheese and deli container with a wooden cutting board fitted on top.
Ruth Ferguson, Marketing Manager, Gorenje says: “The Gorenje iPod touch fridge freezer really does offer the best of two exciting worlds, peas in a pod, you might say! This is a classic and natural combination of two very different technologies in which neither is compromised. The erstwhile humble fridge freezer has never been sexier!”
Key features of the Gorenje RK 1000IP iPod touch fridge freezer:
- Freestanding fridge freezer with total net capacity of 364 litres with innovative iPod touch technology
- iPod touch screen on fridge door for wireless internet connection that allows users to surf the web, listen to music, watch videos and play games
- Docking station allows charging of the iPod touch and playback of videos and music
- iGorenje portal offers advice and recipes both in text and video format and is optimised for display on the iPod touch and other portable devices
- Electronically controlled fridge freezer with ‘A+’ energy rating
- Net fridge capacity 278 litres
- State-of-the-art cooling system cuts power consumption to the minimum with fan installed in back wall to provide even and rapid cooling of the refrigerator compartment
- Fast chill and fast freeze options for larger quantities of food in the fridge and freezer
- Automatic defrost refrigerator and frost free freezer for maximum convenience and maintenance free operation
- Cool ‘n’ Fresh compartment for optimising food quality and preservation
- Large versatile vegetable crisper
- Distinctive shape of refrigerator allows optimum use of space with innovative solutions for logical sorting, easy access and excellent overview of contents
- Deep door bottle shelf for convenient storing of bulky containers such as milk
- Net freezer capacity 86 litres
- Visual and audible alarm to alert users if temperature in freezer compartment is too high, such as prolonged power cut
- Finished in contemporary Jet Black Steel
- Reversible door hinge for installation convenience
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2000 x 600 x 640 mm
For further information and stockists on Gorenje’s new iPod fridge freezer (RK1000IP) please call your Gorenje on 0208 247 3980 or visit the website at www.gorenje.co.uk
Slovenian brand Gorenje makes a significant statement of intent with its freestanding RK1000IP iPod touch fridge freezer.
2nd June 2010
More on the new rock star in your kitchen can be found at www.gorenje.com/rockstar.
“Made for iPod” means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered the US and other countries.
Established 60 years ago, Gorenje is one of Europe’s leading home appliance manufacturers, combining state-of-the-art technology with superior design and great value. Some 4.5 million Gorenje appliances are sold every year in over 70 countries. Headquartered in Slovenia, the Gorenje Group employs nearly 11,000 people around the world. With its innovative, technologically perfected, environmentally friendly and stylish products, Gorenje is aiming to become the creator of the most innovative design-led home appliances in the world.