When Christmas lunch has been consumed, the wine has been drained and our favourite movie has run its course, there is the less appealing task of tackling that fine mess that lurks in the kitchen, the dirty dishes.
Not only is it an enormous chore washing up by hand, on average you will use anything from 40 to 104 litres water each time. With friends and family visiting, and all the additional washing up you will be doing at Christmas time, daily water usage increases dramatically. One way to preserve this finite resource, and do your bit for the environment, is to use a dishwasher.
Washing up by hand may seem to be convenient, however, a Whirlpool dishwasher enables you to dishwash over 170 items using just 6 litres of water, the amount of water that Whirlpool’s most water efficient dishwasher will use for a full load. So forget about the dishcloth and tea towel, Whirlpool’s full size and slimline dishwashers will quickly and efficiently leave your dishes clean and sparkling. Equipped with the very latest technology for making life easier, and affording you more precious time, the range of top notch models will also save you valuable energy, water and money.
The Whirlpool range of versatile and flexible dishwashers are the perfect answer for that most dreaded of Christmas chores, catering for all sizes of households and kitchens.
The latest 6th Sense PowerClean™ dishwashers, the freestanding ADP 900IX and the integrated ADG 2020, are intelligent and stylish models featuring the new PowerDry option. This makes them the number one in cleaning and drying in just one hour¹. The PowerDry option makes clouds of steam a thing of the past when you open the door after dishwashing, and everything, including plastic items, is perfectly dry and ready to put away.
The improved performance is achieved by way of a new and innovative technology, which delivers outstanding drying results thanks to its new dual airflow feature and humidity-condensing fan that activates during drying. With 6th Sense PowerClean™ and PowerDry option, these dishwashers detect and sense the grime and automatically adjust the water usage, as well as managing the temperature and length of the programme. This all saves up to 50 per cent of water, energy and time².
Both models are ‘A+++’ energy rated, with a water consumption of just 10 litres, and are equipped with 28 PowerClean jets situated at the rear of the dishwasher, dedicated to removing burnt-on food to ensure that pre-washing is a thing of the past. In addition this system allows you to stack your Christmas roasting pans and trays vertically, with the added bonus of creating up to 40 per cent more space in the lower basket.
Offering some of the most flexible loading options available, both models come with six foldable areas in the lower basket and another four in the upper basket, which is also height adjustable and removable.
For those challenged for kitchen space, the Whirlpool slimline dishwasher, the ADPF 782 IX, fits snuggly into a smaller footprint. However its slim dimensions don’t diminish its punch, as it comes with nine place settings, a handy number for Christmas entertaining.
The slimline model features innovative technology with user friendly controls and special features for optimal performance and superb results. For washing crockery between courses, the very handy Rapid programme provides impressive washing power in less time, while the Fragile programme is great for washing festive glassware safely and delicately, with complete peace of mind. And it may be slim, but you can adapt the space inside the dishwasher to accommodate all your Christmas-time pots and pans using the modular racks and foldable tines.
The delayed start option is perfect for choosing the most convenient time to wash up, and can save a tremendous amount of cost by aligning the start time with a less expensive tariff.
Jennifer Spragg, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool says: “Nothing should be allowed to spoil our festive celebrations, especially the dirty dishes. The Whirlpool range of dishwashers offer exceptional technology to make a dreaded chore a thing of the past. Their design and their flexibility make them the perfect solution in any size of kitchen.”
An overview of the key features and benefits of the Whirlpool 6th Sense® PowerClean with PowerDry option dishwasher range :
- Number one for washing and drying a full load in just one hour¹.
- New PowerDry technology eliminates the inconvenience of steam, damp plates and wet plastic items enabling the removal of dishes straight after dishwashing. The improved drying efficiency means that even plastic items are dry on opening the dishwasher
- Whirlpool 6th Sense® PowerClean™ technology eliminates the need for soaking, scrubbing or pre-washing, as its 28 jet spray system scours pots, pans and baking trays to remove the toughest soiling. Provides up to 40 per cent more space in the lower basket of the dishwasher
- Whirlpool 6th Sense® Intelligent technology offers saving of up to 50 per cent in water, energy and time²
- A+++ energy class to maximise energy saving; AA for washing and drying
- Large 13 place setting capacity with flexible loading options and sturdier racks that pull out more easily and steadily. The upper basket is height adjustable with four foldable options and is also removable; while the lower basket has six foldable sets of tines
- Multizone option for choosing whether you wish to wash just the upper basket, or just the lower basket, or both
- Ten flexible and convenient programmes and eight temperatures including new one hour Wash and Dry programme to wash and dry a daily load in one hour. Programmes include: Daily 60; Eco 50; Express; Glass; Intensive 65; Overnight; Pre Wash; Sensor 40-70; Steam and convenient start delay up to 24 hours
- Autoclean self-cleaning filter system for ease of maintenance and superb cleaning every time
- Easy operation with digital countdown
- Water consumption on Eco 50 programme of 10 litres
- Whisper quiet noise level of 44 dB(A)
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 850 x 597 x 590 mm
For more information and your nearest stockist visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Image caption: This intelligent and stylish fully integrated Whirlpool ADG 2020 and the freestanding ADP 900 IX dishwashers with new PowerDry option, which make them the number one dishwasher in cleaning and drying in just one hour.
Notes for editors:
¹Using the one hour wash and dry programme; based on internal test results August 2013
²Comparison between minimum and maximum consumption on 6th Sense® programmes.
Whirlpool is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6th Sense appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations. In 2014, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $20 billion, employs over 100,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technical research and development worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool’s European Operating Centre is located in Comerio, Italy.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
5th November 2015