How often have you wished for every item in your dishwasher to be perfectly washed and dried at the end of the wash cycle? The new Whirlpool 6th Sense PowerClean™ dishwashers have a new PowerDry option, which makes them the No.1 in cleaning and drying in just one hour¹.
The PowerDry option from Whirlpool makes clouds of steam a thing of the past when you open the door after dishwashing, and everything, including plastic items, is perfectly dry and ready to put away.
The improved performance is achieved by way of a new and innovative technology, which delivers outstanding drying results thanks to a new dual airflow feature and humidity-condensing fan that activates during drying. This latest innovation makes it possible to offer a complete wash and dry programme in just one hour¹.
The new dishwashers, with 6th Sense PowerClean™ and PowerDry option, detect and sense the grime, and automatically adjust the water usage, manage the temperature and length of the programme. This all saves up to 50 per cent of water, energy and time².
The ‘A+++’ energy rated freestanding and integrated models are equipped with twenty-eight PowerClean jets situated at the rear of the dishwasher, dedicated to the removal of burnt on food to ensure that pre-washing is a thing of the past. Stacking dishes vertically creates and additional bonus of up to 40 per cent more space in the lower basket.
The new dishwashers offer some of the most flexible loading options available due to sturdier baskets that pull out more easily and steadily. The flexi-load system has six foldable areas in the lower basket and another four in the upper basket, which is also height adjustable and removable.
As well as new and genuinely innovative technology, the freestanding dishwasher offers a fresh aesthetic. It oozes minimalism, with an integrated handle inset into the flat stainless steel door, which is off-set by a subtle curvature of the door for an elegant and contemporary style. The new design fits perfectly with the Whirlpool Absolute collection refrigerators.
Davina O’Carroll, Sales and Marketing Coordinator says: “Whirlpool has taken an important leap forward with the PowerDry concept. We are constantly looking for new ways to make our appliances simpler to use and life easier for our consumers through genuine technological advancements. The improved drying efficiency on our PowerDry models answers a major consumer requirement and proves that plastic items can be dried in a dishwasher and you can steam ahead without the steam.”
Key features and benefits of the new Whirlpool freestanding ADP 900 IX dishwasher with 6th Sense PowerClean™ and PowerDry option:
- Available as freestanding(ADP 900IX) or built in (ADG 2020 FD)
- New PowerDry technology eliminates the inconvenience of steam, damp plates and wet plastic items enabling the removal of dishes straight after dishwashing. The improved drying efficiency means that even plastic items are dry on opening the dishwasher
- No.1 for washing and drying a full load in just one hour¹
- Whirlpool 6th Sense PowerClean™ technology eliminates the need for soaking, scrubbing or pre-washing, as its 28 jet spray system scours pots, pans and baking trays to remove the toughest soiling. Provides up to 40 per cent more space in the lower basket of the dishwasher
- Whirlpool 6th Sense ® Intelligent technology offers saving of up to 50 per cent in water, energy and time²
- A+++ energy class to maximise energy saving; AA for washing and drying
- Large 13 place setting capacity with flexible loading options and sturdier racks that pull out more easily and steadily. The upper basket is height adjustable with four foldable options and is also removable; while the lower basket has six foldable sets of tines
- Multizone option for choosing whether you wish to wash just the upper basket, or just the lower basket, or both
- Ten flexible and convenient programmes and eight temperatures including new one hour Wash & Dry programme to wash and dry a daily load in one hour. Programmes include: Daily 60; Eco 50; Express; Glass; Intensive 65; Overnight; Pre Wash; Sensor 40-70; Steam and convenient start delay up to 24 hours
- Autoclean self-cleaning filter system for ease of maintenance and superb cleaning every time
- Easy operation with digital countdown
- Water consumption on Eco 50 programme of 10 litres
- Whisper quiet noise level of 44 dB(A)
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 850 x 597 x 590 mm
- Available from leading stockists for around €799.00 for the freestanding and built in models
For more information on the new Whirlpool dishwashers and the range call 01 6231013 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.ie
Notes for editors:
¹Using the one hour wash and dry programme; based on internal test results August 2013
²Comparison between minimum and maximum consumption on 6th Sense ® programmes.
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,400 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2012 of $18.1 billion, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Center is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com/
For further press information and images please contact:
Tel: 01536 414555
20th January 2015