The cab Mach 4, now available from AM Labels, is the first battery powered label printer able to accept any type of paper, tag or synthetic label material. Manufactured in Germany, the cab Mach 4 is built to an industrial standard and has been superbly engineered.
A key member of a new generation of ultra-high performance printers, the cab Mach 4 is designed to fill the gap between mobile label printers with very small media rolls and a highly limited choice of media, and mains powered industrial printers able to accept a wide choice of media including card tag material. The high capacity battery is separate from the printer and allows for a full day’s printing at four inches per second, yet is incredibly compact and weighs just 5.5kg.
This hugely functional printer opens up a host of mobile applications, including on-site asset and conformance labelling using highly durable polyester labels, merchandising using card swing tickets, price mark-up, and chemical labelling using polypropylene labels. With real benefits for those in manufacturing, healthcare and transport sectors in particular, it is sure to be of use anywhere there is limited access to mains electricity or a PC.
The cab Mach 4 has all the features normally found in a conventional, industrial thermal printer, including a four inch print width, full size (205mm outside diameter) label roll and 360m thermal ribbon, yet offers highly increased portability. The large graphic display is particularly useful for standalone operation.
The ultra-reliable cab Mach 4 has a powerful set of programming tools for both standalone use, conventional operation with a PC and networking. In standalone mode, labels can be selected via a conventional keyboard and the built-in graphic display. Information can also be accessed from a remote database. Solutions are also available for interfacing to SAP R/3, Apple-Mac OS X V10.4 and Linux systems. In addition, an internet server program allows print monitoring, configuration and firmware updates to be carried out remotely.
Tony Mariani, Technical Director at AM Labels, says: “cab printers are simply exceptional, renowned for their superior engineering, and the Mach 4 is no different. It is highly functional and flexible, and will be of real benefit to those who have restrictive access to power. This could be because they are using the printer while away from the office, or in a warehouse where a power supply cannot be continuously used. It is a powerful, highly effective model that will make printing far less restrictive and the process remarkably easier.”
Key features and benefits of the cab Mach4 battery powered thermal transfer printer:
• Thermal transfer and Direct thermal printer
• Print width: 104mm (4.09 inches)
• Print speed per second: 200mm (8 inches)
• 24V battery to provide one day’s standalone printing capability
• 203, 300 and 600 dpi, the printheads can be easily changed from 203 to 300 dpi
• Black mark sensor and gap detector for excellent results
• USB, Ethernet and serial interfaces
• Two USB ports allow the user to extend the functionality of the printer with items such as a keyboard, scanner or desktop printer
• Slot for Wireless LAN-Wi-Fi-card and CompactFlash Type I memory card
• cablabel R2+ label software included free of charge
• Optional re-winder, cutter and stacker
• Memory (Flash/RAM): 8MB / 64MB
• Internal Core Diameter: 38 – 76mm
• Maximum diameter of label roll: 205mm
• Ribbon length: 360 meters
• Printer weight: 6kg
• Battery weight: 5.5kg
• Dimensions of printer: H x W x D: 312 x 240 x 435mm
• Dimensions of battery: H x W x D: 380 x 185 x 90mm
• Comes with a one year warranty for peace of mind, and optional onsite maintenance contracts and onsite installation are also available
• The cab Mach4 is available at AM Labels from the price of £949.50, discounts available for value added resellers
To find out more about the cab printers available from AM Labels visit www.amlabels.co.uk or call the sales team on 01536 414555.
Image caption: The cab Mach 4 battery powered printer
4th April 2012
There is an opportunity to arrange an interview with Tony Mariani, Technical Director of AM Labels Ltd., for a more in-depth discussion and overview of the printers offered by cab. To arrange an interview and visit call AM Labels Ltd 01536 414222.
AM Labels Limited was established in 1996 and has extensive experience and expertise in labelling and bar coding systems, with online advice, support and ordering. The company has invested in its own on-site label manufacturing and production facility to offer customers best quality and customised labels.
cab: Since 1975 cab has been setting new technological benchmarks in developing and manufacturing devices and systems for product labelling.
For further information and images please contact:
Sarah at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555