In the UK each household, needlessly and unintentionally, wastes gallons of water every day. Overfilling the kettle and running the hot tap until it reaches the desired temperature leads to around 95 per cent of the water going straight down the drain1.
World Water Week is celebrating its silver jubilee, after 25 years of developing solutions and fostering new thinking on how we can become a more water-wise world. The event, which annually takes place in Stockholm, has announced that its theme for this year is ‘Water For Development’.
By making small behavioural changes and choosing more water efficient products you can save resources, as well as increase convenience and home comfort. It is a common misconception that water efficiency comes from simply restricting the amount water we use, however, water efficiency is all about reducing the amount of water wasted on a daily basis.
An InSinkErator® 3N1 steaming hot water tap is up to 20 per cent more energy efficient than a kettle2, and uses less energy than a 40 W light bulb. In addition, hot water available on demand ensures no ambient water is wasted. What’s more, beverages and instant foods requiring hot water can be prepared without the use of the kettle, offering extra water and energy savings, and using the exact amount of water required.
Linda Phoutthasak, Marketing Manager Europe for InSinkErator®, says: “World Water Week is a great opportunity for us all to prompt ourselves that we need to be more vigilant and use this finite resource more wisely. It would only take one household to be more thoughtful when running the tap to save thousands of gallons of water a year.
“Investing in a steaming hot water tap is a great and now affordable asset to the home. No longer perceived as a luxury appliance, InSinkErator® manufactures genuinely affordable models that promote efficient water usage in the home, as well as providing great convenience to the customer.”
Key features and benefits of the InSinkErator® 3N1 kitchen tap with filtered steaming hot, hot and cold water:
- An elegant one-piece tap designed and manufactured in Italy to the highest quality, with the reliability and reassurance that comes with a world class brand
- Dispenses filtered steaming hot water up to 98°C, as well as hot and cold options
- Self-closing, easy to grip hot water handle with push-lever safety locking mechanism
- Approximately 20 per cent more energy efficient than a kettle, and with none of the worktop clutter
- Provides around 100 cups of steaming hot water per hour from a compact and convenient 2.5 litre tank that takes up little valuable cupboard space
- Ideal for retro-fitting
- Five year in-home limited warranty on tap and two year full warranty on tank for peace of mind
- Comes with complete with installation kit
- Available in colours of Natural Stone, Bright Orange, Pearl White, and as well as chrome and brushed stainless steel finishes
- Dimension: H 368 x W 410 X L 337 mm
For more information on the new 3N1 kitchen tap with filtered steaming hot, hot and cold water, please call 0800 389 3715 or visit the website at www.insinkerator.co.uk
2 Marketing Transformation Programme – BNCK06: Kettle Trends
The new InSinkErator® 3N1 steaming hot water tap with cold, hot and filtered, steaming hot water, encased within a stylish Italian design, now available in a selection of colours and finishes.
InSinkErator® UK, a business unit of Emerson, is the UK and world’s largest manufacturer of food waste disposers and the clear global market leader. Food waste disposers divert around 20 per cent of household waste away from landfill and have been shown to have a smaller carbon footprint than kerbside collection. In 2007 InSinkErator® launched a brand new product, the Steaming Hot Water Tap, which delivers 98 degree centigrade, filtered, hot water on demand.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tel: 01536 414555
16th June 2015