Two thirds of European consumers (66 per cent) wish to learn more tips and tricks for taking care of their favourite garments, but less than half (44 per cent) receive any of this valuable hand-me-down advice1.
Of course, having a high-performance washing machine is the first step to keeping clothes looking like new for longer, wash after wash. The Whirlpool WWDC 9444 washing machine epitomises the Whirlpool ‘Infinite Care’ concept; earning the Best Care on the market as endorsed by Swiss test institute EMPA2, following the extensive testing of 18 washing machines from nine different brands.
But this is not the only consumer need when it comes to fabric care. Whirlpool has embraced the demand for tradition and innovation in seamless synergy by collecting age-old tips and tricks to keep clothes in perfect condition. Imparting to customers this reliable homespun wisdom will provide extra support and care when using their new machine, and inspire further confidence in their purchase.
For brilliant colours, soak the item in bay leaf solution until the water cools, then wash as usual. And to keep jeans bright, leave them for half a day in cold brine, using two tablespoons of salt for every litre of water. Afterwards, when washing, Whirlpool’s top-of-the-range WWDC 9444 washing machine will ensure the most vivid of fabrics stay bright for longer, with clever 6TH SENSE® Colours 15ºC technology, providing the same cleaning performance as a 40ºC wash cycle at just 15ºC.
To handle pesky stains, squeeze a few drops of lemon juice directly on to ink, tea or fruit spills before washing. Or, try applying salt to a red wine stain while it’s still damp; this will soak up the excess liquid to keep it from staining deep into the fibres of your clothes. Then, try washing with Whirlpool’s Bio Stain 15º option during any program, for a special soaking phase that will eliminate the toughest of spills.
For perfect delicates, soak yellowed silk items in warm water and milk. After 30 minutes, let them dry away from direct sunlight, and proceed with their usual wash. And to keep woollen garments soft, adding a dollop of shampoo to the wash will give them a special lustre. The specialised Whirlpool Wave Motion+ technology uses a distinct set of programmes in order to optimise movement of the fabrics inside the large 9kg capacity drum; making washing those delicates as easy as pushing a button.
And finally, to keep your washing sterilised and clean, one secret is to add a few spoonfuls of vinegar, which will keep clothes soft, odourless and disinfected. Or you could add a spoonful of baking soda and 1-2 drops of lavender to your unscented detergent, to leave you lightly perfumed, disinfected laundry. And, of course, Whirlpool can help to keep consumer allergies at bay with their Spray Rinse solution, to minimise detergent residuals on fabrics.
Neil Austin, Trade Marketing Manager, Whirlpool UK, says: “At Whirlpool, our goal is to support people in their home routines and simplify daily tasks, and with such a huge number of people wishing they knew more tips to take the best care of their clothes, we have set out to help in any way we can. Understanding the various tricks out there to take care of fabrics has helped us to optimise the convenience of our own technology, and will help retailers to better understand and support their own customers.”
Key features and benefits of the WWDC 9444 Washing Machine:
- Outstanding A+++ -30 per cent energy class offering 60 per cent energy savings over an ‘A’ rated models
- ‘Best Care on the Market’ endorsed by the Swiss test institute, EMPA², as the top model in a test of 18 washing machines from nine different brands
- Exceptional versatility and fabric care; Wave Motion+ technology maximises performance using a distinctive set of six programmes featuring a range of special drum speeds and movements, tailored to care for all fabric types, including the most gentle drum movement on the market for delicates.
- Whirlpool’s unique and patented ultra-soft drum pattern, together with its patented lifters, decrease the surface friction on clothes by 70 per cent to caress the laundry
- Garments are further protected and valuable energy saved by Whirlpool’s 6TH SENSE® technology, which senses the load and delivers up to 50 per cent savings in energy, water and time, compared to similar models without such technology
- Enhanced and improved distribution of clothes for outstanding cleaning performance
- Colours15° programme offers the best colour and fabric care at 15°C with the same cleaning performance as 40°C
- Generous and capacious 9kg drum to wash bigger loads less often
- Maximum spin speed on the cottons programme is 1400rpm
- Handy dosing recommendation detects the load using sensor technology and suggests the correct detergent dose for greater washday savings
- Powerful induction motor delivers improved reliability with reduced noise and vibration and less loss of energy
- Eco Monitor feeds back the energy consumption of the selected programme so the consumer can change the programme to maximise economy
- Large, easy to use and read display
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 850 x 595 x 600 mm
- Six years parts warranty and two year labour warranty
For more information on the new Whirlpool dishwashers contact your Account Manager.
Image caption: The top-of-the-range WWDC 9444 has outstanding energy credentials and superb functionality, providing the Best Care on the market as endorsed by Swiss test institute, EMPA2.
Notes for Editors:
¹ European study conducted in April 2013; a web quantitative survey conduced by ODC & Research Plus institute, and the qualitative research conducted by Memthic Lab. Conducted with sample of 4000 people – 1000 Italy, France and Poland and 500 in Belgium and the Czech Republic. Gender 80 per cent female; 20 per cent male, aged 23 to 55. All were responsible for appliance purchase and laundering.
2 Testing among leading European brands conducted by Swiss independent institute EMPA Testmatrialien AG (Reprot Nr: 20120821) shows Whirlpool as the best in accelerated garment ageing test on half load in a mixed programme 40°C or comparable. Status January 2013
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,000 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2013 of approximately $19 billion, 69,000 employees, and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Center is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Tel: 01536 414555
19th November 2014