To meet the increased demand for intuitive cooking in the kitchen, Whirlpool has launched a brand new range of black glass induction hobs that boast its patented 6TH SENSE® technology, improved heat distribution and enhanced flexibility, designed to adapt to the individual users cooking needs and accommodate a variety of pan sizes.
Available in widths of 600 mm (WF S0160 NE) and 770 mm (WF S3977 NE), the 6TH SENSE® induction hobs from Whirlpool feature four cooking zones and benefit from flexible cooking options, Chef Control and the brand new FlexiSide feature. Chef Control divides the hob into three zones and sets each zone to a different and pre-set power level, enabling the user to move the pans from one area to another, without changing the power level. FlexiSide combines two cooking zones together, which is ideal for larger or oval shaped pans, and utilises four inductors for improved, consistent, heat distribution.
To optimise and enhance the cooking experience, the brand new Whirlpool induction hobs boast automatic settings that enable the user to select popular hob functions, including keep warm, boiling, melting or simmering, with just one touch. The chosen setting is maintained by intelligent 6TH SENSE® sensors that detect the cooking utensil’s temperature, while monitoring and adjusting the power until the dish is ready to serve. In addition, 6TH SENSE® technology can save the user up to 30 per cent in energy and time*.
The Whirlpool induction hobs also benefit from an enhanced user interface with dedicated sliders for effortless control of each individual cooking zone. Each slider is mapped to the corresponding position on the hob surface ensuring precise, intuitive control of the induction hob and its settings. What’s more, thanks to Whirlpool’s exclusive iXelium nanotechnology glass treatment, the induction hobs are incredibly durable, with a scratch resistant surface that ensures a long-lasting shine. In addition to looking great, the elegant flush finish is also practical and easy to clean.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “With increasingly busy lifestyles, intelligent cooking appliances that make meals easier to prepare are increasingly appealing. The brand new Whirlpool induction hobs combine superior performance and intuitive controls with a cutting edge design and our patented 6TH SENSE® technology to make perfect cooking effortless as well as enjoyable.
“In addition, there is a handy retailer tool, the demonstration mode, to show the consumer the excellent benefits and enhanced flexibility of the hob.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool 600 mm 6TH SENSE® induction hob (WF S0160 NE):
- 600 mm black glass induction hob
- Four zone induction hob with an enhanced user interface that boasts an intuitive, easy to use slider for precise control of each individual cooking zone
- 6TH SENSE® pre-set automatic functions to optimise daily cooking (keep warm, boiling, melting, simmering)
- 6TH SENSE® technology saves up to 30 per cent in energy and time, compared to a standard Whirlpool induction hob without 6TH SENSE® in the boiling function
- Chef Control divides the hob into three zones and sets each zone to a different and pre-set power level. The idea is that the user can move the pots from one area to another, without selecting a power level, so the user can continue to cook at different temperatures, just like a chef
- FlexiSide combines two separate zones together to form a larger cooking area, which can accommodate several, or bigger, pots and pans. FlexiSide uses four heat inductors to maintain an improved, consistent temperature across the whole zone
- Programmable timer for each cooking zone with automatic switch off
- Automatic pan detection, residual heat indicators and a control panel lock for ultimate safety
- There are 18 different power levels available for each zone
- The surface of the hob is coated with iXelium™. A tough, advanced, nanotechnology treatment that covers the entirety of the glass surface, protecting the hob surface and keep it looking good for longer
- Easy installation is achieved thanks to the four spring fixings that secure the hob in place
- Dimensions: H x W x D 54 x 590 x 510 mm
For more information on the brand new 6TH SENSE® induction hobs from Whirlpool, contact your account manager, or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editors:
* Versus a standard Whirlpool induction hob without 6TH SENSE® in the boiling function
- The brand new 600 mm Whirlpool black glass induction hob (WF S0160 NE) boasts intelligent 6TH SENSE® technology for an intuitive cooking experience
- Included in the new range from Whirlpool is the premium 770 mm 6TH SENSE® induction hob (WF S3977 NE)
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the leading major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
29th July 2020