Autumn starts with a bang for Whirlpool with the launch of one of the best and most sophisticated washing machines ever to grace the UK home laundry market. The new Whirlpool FSCR 12440 washer is the flagship model in Whirlpool’s new and award winning Supreme Care range of perfectly matching washing machines and tumble dryers, offering superb technology, excellent eco credentials and a massive 12 kg capacity.
If washing has been a chore until now, it never will be again. In common with its sister models in the Supreme Care series, the FSCR 12440 takes the stress and strain out of your hands and caters for all your requirements. The credentials of this machine are consistently outstanding, including an exceptional performance level in noise. Due to Whirlpool’s revolutionary new Zen Technology™, this energy saving A+++ (-50%) machine works at a whisper, reaching just 67 dB (A) on the spin cycle. This makes it the quietest on the market¹ thanks to Whirlpool’s revolutionary new direct drive motor.
As the motor is connected directly to the drum, there is also minimum vibration. This means consumers can ‘live’ with their washer in the kitchen, and even run the washing machine overnight in complete confidence that a late night wash won’t disturb their sleep. This performance has won the machine the highly coveted Quiet Mark accreditation.
Winner of the 2015 iF Design Award, a prize that recognises outstanding design quality in product discipline and the household category, the FSCR 12440 features a smooth and modern high-end aesthetic and is designed with intuitive, 6th Sense touch controls operated via a central dial, capable of not only reducing resource consumption but also consumer effort.
Exceptional performance is also achieved in resource savings and garment care. Whirlpool PrecisionClean™ technology ensures the best rinsing performance², particularly important for those with skin allergies. The new efficient pre-mixing method with powerful jet sprays injects water and detergent, or fabric softener, directly onto your clothes. This new method means the new FSCR 12440 delivers the lowest water consumption on the market³.
The FSCR 12440 saves you money not only on water bills, but also on the most expensive element of washing, the cost of detergent, PrecisionDose™ technology releases the exact amount needed for every wash, saving up to 12 litres of detergent a year4. The automatic dispenser accommodates detergent and fabric conditioner for up to 20 washes, so all you need to do is select a programme. The PrecisionDose™ option and Whirlpool 6th Sense technology will do the rest.
Consumers no longer have to worry about clothes care with the FSCR 12440. Whirlpool’s SoftMove™ technology ensures the finest clothing care with its gentle and custom treatment of garments. The new drum pattern reduces friction by 70 per cent, while the drum’s speed and movement is customised specially for each programme.
If you are not around to remove the washing immediately from the drum after the programme ends, patented FreshCare™ technology continues to tumble garments, after washing, for up to six hours, keeping them feeling and smelling fresh, as well as reducing wrinkles by up to 30 per cent and therefore the need to iron.
The innovative, new FSCR 12440 offers multiple programmes to care for your clothes and can comfortably accommodate heavier items such as duvets and jeans.
Jennifer Spragg, Whirlpool’s Brand and Digital Marketing Manager, says: “Our new twelve kilogramme capacity model is the flagship of our genuinely revolutionary Supreme Care range of intelligent home laundry appliances. With superb technology and award winning credentials, the new model addresses all the major consumer requirements, and delivers exceptional results in fabric care, quietness and ease of use. They offer umpteen selling opportunities for our retail customers. Extensive research has told us that our consumers lover their clothes and want them treated with the greatest of care. This new supreme washing machine will do exactly that.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool FSCR 12440 Supreme Care Washing Machine:
- Quietest spin cycle on the market, with a noise level of just 68 dB(A)1 and wash level of just 48 dB(A)
- Quietness achieved via new ZenTechnology™ created by revolutionary new induction motor and appliance design to minimise vibration
- Modern flush, Absolute design, with 6th Sense® backlit, central control for intuitive control and ease of use
- Elegant dark screen with white LED illumination and hidden detergent dispenser
- Large 12kg capacity means less loads per week
- A+++ (-50%) energy class to maximise energy saving
- 6th Sense® senses the size of the load, monitoring and adapting resources to save up to 70 per cent of water, energy and time
- PrecisionDose™ technology releases the exact amount needed for every wash, saving up to 12 litres of detergent a year4. The bulk dispenser accommodates detergent and fabric conditioner for up to 20 washes, so all you need to do is select a programme. The PrecisionDose™ option and Whirlpool 6th Sense technology will do the rest
- PrecisionClean™ technology2 ensures the best rinsing performance, particularly important for those with skin allergies. New efficient pre-mixing method with powerful jet sprays injects water and detergent, or fabric softener, directly onto clothes for lowest water consumption on the market³
- SoftMove™ technology ensures the finest clothing care with its gentle and custom treatment for clothes (shape, fibres and colours). Options include patented FreshCare™ that continues to tumble garments, after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh, as well as reducing wrinkles by up to 30 per cent and the need to iron
- Programme selection includes Mixed Magic (for mixed loads); My Program (for all your favourites); Speed wash (just 15 minutes); standard cottons, synthetics, delicates and wool; Rinse and Spin; Spin
- Special programme options include; Delayed start; Pre-wash; Rinse hold and variable spin
- Winner of the 2015 iF Design Award, a prize that recognises outstanding design quality in product discipline and the household category
- Matching tumble dryer available
- Stacking arrangement available via kit
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 850 x 595 x 640 mm
- RRP: £719.99
For more information on the Whirlpool range, call Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editors:
¹ZEN Technology has the lowest noise level on the market. Up to a 10kg load at 1400rpm (status: December 2014
² On cotton 40°C programme 80 per cent load on 8kg machine reaching 45mg NaOH and 100l water consumption. Cycle time 320hr +extra rinse time vs competition with Spray rinse technology. Based on internal testing status Dec 2014.
³ On the eco-cotton programme (normative) compared to competitors in the same capacity class, based on the water consumption claimed in the energy label (status 04/2015). Reference: Premium+ and Premium models.
4Up to 12 litres of detergent saved per year. 4 kg medium-dirty load and concentrated detergent. Based on the average sized family.
5 Testing among leading European brands conducted by independent Swiss Institute Swissa test Testmaterialien AG (Test Report Nr. 20130292) showed Whirlpool technology as having the best drying performance in dryable wool based on IFU-recommended wool load size (Status August 2014).
Image caption: The new Whirlpool FSCR 12440 washing machine is top model of the award winning toSupreme Care range of perfectly matching washing machines and tumble dryers, offering superb technology, excellent eco credentials and a massive 12 kg capacity.
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,000 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in six countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales of $19 billion in 2013, 69,000 employees, and 59 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
20th August 2015