Whirlpool, Europe’s leading major white goods brand, has recently launched a new resource-friendly washing machine, the AquaSteam 9770B, in magnificent black.
The black Carisma styled 6th Sense® washing machine not only boasts a big 9kg capacity, it offers an A-30% energy rating, A for wash performance, B for its 1400 rpm spin and comes with the benefit of Whirlpool’s renowned AquaSteam technology.
AquaSteam makes unique use of steam technology to enhance its functionality with unrivalled efficiency, performance and ease of use. Steam improves wash performance keeping the temperature higher four times longer than in a conventional washing cycle, dramatically improves stain removal, sanitises garments and offers a ‘refresh’ for items needed quickly.
Whirlpool’s steam technology is all controlled via the company’s unique 6th Sense® technology. It automatically controls how much steam to inject and for how long according to the load size and the washing temperature. And as the steam is added during the cycle, the wash still takes the same amount of time. This innovative next generation technology is perfect for the eco-conscious, delivering 50% savings on water time and energy against a standard Whirlpool washing machine.
Steam also adds the tangible benefit of sanitisation; peace-of-mind and good news for babies’ clothes or for those with sensitive skin. Steam is injected into the drum at the end of the wash cycle to produce an antibacterial finish to the garments – even when washed at low temperatures.
A steam-only cycle enables clothes to be refreshed in a rapid ten minute programme to remove odours, so clothes are ready to wear again very quickly. And as an added bonus it makes ironing easier!
The new intuitive, touch sensor control panel with an LCD screen for user feedback makes it easy to use and incorporates a raft of lifestyle programmes for everyday living.
The new AquaSteam 9770B washing machine includes the following benefits:
- A-30% energy class for 30% more energy savings than an ‘A’ rated model ,
- Next generation patented 6th Sense® technology for extended savings of up to 50% for water, energy and time
- AquaSteam technology for boosting stain removal, temperature, sanitisation and refreshing garments
- Extra large 9 kg capacity – 45% more than a 5kg machine – within standard footprint
- ‘A’ rated for washing efficiency and ‘B’ rated for spin drying efficiency
- Super Eco programme for 40% energy saving on a full load
- Aqua Eco programme for 50% water saving to refresh small lightly-soiled load using minimum of water
- Speed Wash – to wash a 3kg load the quickest way – in just 15-minutes
- 1400 rpm spin in cottons programme
- New, innovative Carisma design – soft, fluid and curved styling with integrated plinth line, designed to fit with open plan living spaces of today
- Intuitive control panel layout with LCD display and interface for easy programming and user feedback
- Innovative lifestyle programmes including White (for white mixed loads), Light ( mixed loads of light colours) and Black (mixed loads of black and dark colours) for keeping garments looking good for years to come
- Microban protection to keep mould and bacteria at bay
- End cycle audible tone
- Delayed start to maximise economy with cheaper rates of electricity.
- Child lock
- To maximise sales there is a Demo Mode for demonstration at the point of sale
“Our new styling and the new handsome black Carisma-styled washing machine shows that resource-saving does not mean compromising on quality, performance, aesthetics or value. It delivers valuable and unique points of difference for the retailer as well as representing excellent value for money. These innovations give the retailer the vital opportunities to sell-up and real retail advantages,” concludes Dean.
For more information on Whirlpool’s new black washing machine and other appliances in the company’s range, call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Whirlpool’s innovative black AquaSteam 9770B washing machine, with unique 6th Sense® with AquaSteam for excellent resource-saving and performance.
2nd November 2010
About Whirlpool Europe:
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $17 billion, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images contact:
Jacqueline or Sarah
Tel: 01536 414555