With St. George’s day just around the corner and an entire summer of international football on the horizon, Whirlpool has introduced the uniquely patriotic, limited edition MAX Sport – based on its Which? Best Buy award winning MAX 38 microwave.
With a contemporary full white finish and decked in a magnetically detachable England flag, the MAX Sport is a proud statement full of personality and an ideal way for homeowners to show their support for our national team this summer. Its curved back allows it to fit neatly into a kitchen worktop corner without taking up extra space and, despite its compact design, still houses a fully sized 28cm turntable. It isn’t just the proud exterior that makes the MAX Sport so special though.
As a patriotic revision of the established and critically acclaimed Whirlpool MAX 38, it boasts the same flexible cooking options and advanced features to provide outstanding results and sheer ease of use. The Jet Defrost feature works up to seven times faster than a conventional microwave oven and the powerful 3D microwave distribution system ensures rapid, even cooking throughout your food. The unique crisp function, using the grill and crisp plate, also allows you to cook a variety of foods to a crisp and brown finish, making it a versatile microwave that will always deliver excellent results.
Juan Pillay, Trade Marketing Manager of Whirlpool UK says: “The MAX Sport brings a new personality to the MAX 38 and at just the right time with St. George’s Day, Father’s Day and the football championships approaching. Generating excitement ahead of the next football championships, in particular, is a huge draw and an excellent additional trading opportunity for retailers. The MAX Sport is perfect for extending a sale and really makes the most of the summer season.”
Key benefits and features of the Whirlpool MAX SPORT Limited Edition microwave oven:
- Removable England flag magnetically attached to top surface of the white microwave oven
- Unique curved design to fit into a worktop corner saving valuable space
- Superb functionality and boasts microwave, quartz grill and Crisp plate technology for crispy, brown results
- Full-sized 28 cm turntable, takes a dinner plate with ease
- Jet Defrost – super-fast auto defrost; up to seven times faster than conventional microwave defrosting
- 3D microwave distribution system for uniform cooking throughout the cavity – very fast and even results
- Smart, electronic, soft-touch controls positioned below the flat screen door with trendy blue LED’s
- 700W with a choice of five power levels
- 24 hour clock and kitchen timer
- Dimensions : H 360 x W 392 x D 353 mm
For more information on the Whirlpool MAX Sport please contact your account manager.
Image caption: The new Whirlpool MAX SPORT Limited Edition microwave oven.
Notes for editors:
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,400 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2012 of $18.1 billion, 68,000 employees, and 65 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
T: 01536 414555
15th April 2014