Thursday 22nd March 2018 is World Water Day, which focuses attention on the importance of water. Whirlpool, the premium appliance manufacturer, is committed to sustaining natural resources and developing appliances that maximise resource efficiency.
Dishwashers are a top appliance that consumers install when updating their kitchen1. However, according to Waterwise, the UK is placing increasing pressures on water resources2. The freestanding Whirlpool SupremeClean dishwasher (WFO 3T323 6P X) uses just six litres of water per cycle to wash up to 14 place settings, banishing the myth that dishwashers consume large quantities of water.
The Whirlpool SupremeClean dishwasher (WFO 3T323 6P X) can clean over 156 items, using just six litres of water. This water usage is significantly smaller compared to the average water usage when washing up by hand.
The exceptionally low water consumption of the six litre Whirlpool dishwasher (WFO 3T323 6P X) is achieved by saving water from the final rinse of the cycle in a dedicated tank, where it is stored for use at the beginning of the next programme. Should the dishwasher not be used in three days, the water is automatically drained to prevent bacteria formation.
In addition, Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® technology, which forms the basis of the innovative PowerClean™ technology, automatically senses the level of soiling on the dishes and adjusts the programme accordingly. PowerClean™ technology removes the toughest baked on food, with no need to pre-rinse dishes, thanks to powerful jets at the back of the dishwasher. This intuitive feature ensures impressive cleaning performance and the best resource efficiency and saves up to 50 per cent in water, energy and time4.
Catherine Balderson, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “World Water Day encourages us to all be more aware of how much water we use on a daily basis. At Whirlpool, our research and development team is committed to developing appliances that reduce the strain on our finite resources. The Whirlpool SupremeClean dishwasher (WFO 3T323 6P X) promotes outstanding water consumption, without compromising on results, with internal research by Whirlpool finding that the appliance saves an average of 45 litres of water when compared to washing up by hand5.”
Key features and benefits of the freestanding Whirlpool SupremeClean dishwasher
(WFO 3T323 6P X):
- Exceptionally low water consumption of just six litres. Water is saved from the final rinse in a dedicated tank, where it is stored and recycled for use at the beginning of the next programme
- For excellent hygiene, should the dishwasher not be used for any length of time, such as when you are on holiday, the water is automatically drained after three days to prevent bacteria formation
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® PowerClean Pro technology eliminates the need for soaking, scrubbing or pre-washing, as its jet spray system scours pots, pans and baking trays to remove the toughest soiling. Delivers 30 per cent extra space compared to a standard model
- Innovative Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® technology offers saving of up to 50 per cent in water, energy and time4
- Generous 14 place setting capacity with flexible loading options and sturdier racks that pull out more easily and steadily
- Ten programmes including eco, intensive, pre-wash and glassware for delicate items which are more sensitive to high temperatures
- Whisper quiet noise level of 43 dB(A)
- Easy operation with digital countdown
- ‘A++’ energy rating
- Available in stainless steel and white
- Dimensions H x W x D: 850 x 600 x 600 mm
- Also available as an built-in model (WIO 3T123 6PE)
- Available from retailers for around £529.00
For more information on the full range of Whirlpool dishwashers, and any other appliance categories visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
- Whirlpool’s ground-breaking SupremeClean dishwasher (WFO 3T323 6P) uses just six litres of water per cycle, as well as having an ‘A++’ rating and benefiting from 6TH SENSE® PowerClean Pro™ technology
Notes for editor:
1 Houzz Kitchen Trends Study UK 2018
4 Compared to a Whirlpool dishwasher without 6TH SENSE® technology
5 Versus hand-washing the same load
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 22,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s EMEA Headquarters are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Medium.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
15th March 2018