While Christmas is a time for joy, it can also be fraught with worry. While we look forward to our food and wine, the chance to relax and enjoy the warm company of family and friends, the sheer scale of the festive season can weigh on our mind. How will I get all the groceries I need in the fridge at once? How soon can I go shopping to ensure our food will stay fresh for long enough? How much of it will go to waste?
Leading global appliance manufacturer, Whirlpool has tackled these major consumer headaches with its latest range of Supreme NoFrost freestanding combi fridge freezers in a selection of sizes including one that’s two metres tall, which stock all you will need to make for a happy holiday time. The range champions food preservation technology; whichever size you choose, each model is chock-full of innovation and thoughtful benefits to help you store and save more food for much longer, which is everyone’s dream over the festive season.
Whirlpool understands, in the busy run up to Christmas, the need to keep shopping trips to the minimum, and be able to preserve a variety of fresh food for longer, which is essential over the festive period. The latest Whirlpool Supreme NoFrost combi fridge freezer is a prompt response to these urgent consumer needs, so you can shop early and store the Christmas treats in the best conditions for longer.
A true revolution to the food-cooling world, the top-of-the-range Supreme NoFrost refrigerator, was developed following the company’s European survey¹ about consumers’ food habits and attitudes towards food preservation, which revealed that 86 per cent of Europeans said avoiding food waste was a real priority. That same 86 per cent also stated that what they wanted most from a new generation refrigerator was storage that preserves food (including raw meat, fish, fruit and vegetables) freshness, taste and colour for longer. They also stated that the perfect freezer should completely eliminate irritating food-freezer burn and conserve the quality of frozen food, keeping it at its best.
Whirlpool Supreme NoFrost technology has two independent no frost systems, one for the fridge and one for the freezer, providing the best frost-free climate to store fresh and frozen food. Supreme NoFrost ensures excellent food preservation, optimum humidity and eliminates the mixing of odours between the fridge and the freezer.
The 6th Sense® FreshControl technology constantly monitors temperature and humidity levels throughout the fridge compartment and will keep all your festive goodies in superb condition for up to four times longer². According to food technology experts³ the ideal fridge humidity is 70-85 per cent, exactly that guaranteed by Whirlpool’s 6th Sense FreshControl technology. The fridge freezer will also restore to the correct temperature five times faster², after the door has been opened, preventing wasted energy and keeping food in perfect condition for longer.
For storing your festive fresh meat, poultry, fish or special deli items, the Activ0° compartment maintains the perfect environment, at approximately 0°C, ensuring food stays fresher for longer, conserving its appearance, texture and nutritional properties. And, should you run out of fridge space, the compartment may be converted to standard refrigeration temperature at any time.
As well as extending food life and reducing waste, the Supreme NoFrost fridge freezer range is frost-free so is very easy to maintain. In addition, it has a clean and hygienic interior that conceals the water droplets or frost that visibly gathers at the back of traditional fridge freezers.
The range is equipped with a super-sized freezer drawer, ideal for the ubiquitous turkey, gigantic gateaux and to store different shapes and sizes of food container. And it won’t let you down when your party is in full festive swing, supplying ice cubes in record time. It will make ice cubes in just 30 minutes, 75 per cent faster than traditional freezers.
Whirlpool’s FreezeControl technology will keep all your festive food in excellent condition right up to Christmas day and beyond as it keeps the freezer temperature constant, even during the defrosting phase, protecting frozen food quality, taste and colour. The technology also reduces freezer burn by up to 50 per cent, which occurs when frozen foods lose moisture on the surface.
Attention to detail is always a Whirlpool priority, so combining optimum functionality with an appealing look is essential. Finished in the modern Absolute design aesthetic it combines contemporary, intuitive design to blend with a variety of kitchen styles and combines functionality with an appealing look. Not just technology, but also flexible internal organisation, revamped and upgraded, equals better food management. All this comes with a new LED lighting system for perfect visibility throughout, with the bonus of energy efficiency.
“The beautifully designed Absolute range of Supreme NoFrost fridge freezers is the answer to consumers’ prayers. Our big two meter tall model will prove to be a special boon over the festive season, when we tend to buy much more food and expect to keep it fresh and in its very best condition for longer. Designed specifically to preserve fresh food and to avoid waste, our range of freestanding combi fridge freezers combine the finest technology with the means for optimum management of fresh and frozen food to ensure a chilled-out Christmas for everyone,” comments Jennifer Spragg, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool.
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool Supreme No Frost refrigerator, BSNF 9152 OX or W with Whirlpool 6th Sense® FreshControl and FreezeControl technology:
- Modern flush, Absolute design, 70:30 combi-fridge freezer
- Two meters tall for enormous storage capacity during the festive season
- Innovative, new Supreme NoFrost technology has two independent no frost systems, one for the fridge and one for the freezer, providing the best frost-free climate to store fresh and frozen food; no defrosting ever
- Excellent illumination and energy saving via LED lighting
- ExcellentFIT thin door design; drawers removable even with door opening restricted to 87°. Ideal for corner installation
- A++ energy class
- Operates at just 42 dB(A)
- Total net capacity: 346 litres
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 2010 x 595 x 655 mm
- Designed specifically to preserve fresh food for longer and avoid food waste
- Food stays fresh up to four times longer (compared to a Whirpool fridge without 6th Sense) and reduces food wastage
- Supreme NoFrost system delivers excellent food preservation and optimum humidity and eliminates the mixing of odours between the fridge and the freezer
- 6th Sense® FreshControl technology constantly monitors temperature and humidity levels and maintains the AITA³ food technology experts’ ideal fridge humidity of 70-85 per cent
- Restores the correct temperature five times faster after the door has been opened (compared to a Whirlpool fridge without 6th Sense technology)
- A special fan circulates chilled air around the fridge for superb cooling performance, helping to maintain optimum conditions inside the compartment
- The Activ0° compartment maintains the ideal environment for storing meat and fish at approximately 0°C, ensuring food stays fresher for longer, conserving its appearance, texture and nutritional properties. Should extended space be required, this compartment maybe converted to standard refrigeration temperature at any time
- Antibacterial filtration protection for the entire fridge cavity to reduce unpleasant odours and proliferation of bacteria
- Five glass shelves, three of which are adjustable
- Handy bottle rack and balcony
- Four door balconies for jars, cans and small bottles
- Dairy compartment
- Total net capacity: 252 litres
- Innovative, new Supreme NoFrost technology has an independent no frost system, for the freezer, providing the best frost-free climate to store frozen food; no defrosting ever and no ice droplets on the rear wall
- The freezer, with Quick Ice Function, can make ice cubes in just 30 minutes, 75 per cent faster than traditional freezers
- New FreezeControl technology keeps the freezer temperature constant, avoiding freezer burn that occurs when frozen foods lose moisture on the surface. This also reduces temperature fluctuations in the freezer compartment protecting frozen food quality, taste and colour, and reducing freezer burn by up to 50 per cent
- Eliminates the inconvenience of having to defrost the freezer
- Three freezer drawers, with one super-sized for storing large items and food and containers of different shapes and sizes.
- Total net capacity: 94 litres
For more information and stockists visit the Whirlpool website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Image caption: The Whirlpool Supreme NoFrost fridge freezer will keep your food fresh for much longer, with less wastage, over the demanding festive season.
Notes for editors:
¹The web-based quantitative survey was conducted in January 2015 by Research Plus Institute; the qualitative desk and field research was conducted by Memethic Lab. Counties: Italy, France, UK, Poland, Russia, Belgium, Netherlands, Sweden.
Quantitative survey – sample definition:
- 3,300 interviewed, spread as follows: 500 interviews in Italy, France, UK, Poland, Russia, Benelux (split 250/250 between Netherlands and Belgium); 300 interviews in Sweden
- Gender: 70% females, 30% males, age 23-60
²Compared with Whirlpool products without 6th Sense technology.
³AITA, Associazione Italiana di Tecnologia Alimentare, is a member of the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST). AITA is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit association of national food scientists and technologists.
Whirlpool is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6th Sense appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer to operate its own independent service and logistics operations. In 2014, Whirlpool Corporation generated annual revenue of $20 billion, employs over 100,000 people with 70 centres of manufacturing and technical research and development worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Scholtès, Hotpoint, Indesit, and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool’s European Operating Centre is located in Comerio, Italy.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
3rd November 2015