Whirlpool has introduced a brand new range of freestanding washing machines that benefit from the Whirlpool FreshCare+™ system, which is designed to keep laundry fresh even hours after the cycle has finished.
Research has found that 70 per cent of consumers do not unload their washing machine immediately after the cycle has finished1, and 51 per cent of consumers wash their clothes again due to the bad odour1. Whirlpool has included the FreshCare+™ system to its new range of washing machines, offering consumers an appliance to meet the needs of their busy lifestyle.
The new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ system gently massages the garments with regular, slow, drum movements alternated with injections of steam. The combination of movement and steam allows the air to penetrate the fibres, keeping garments fresh and odour free for up to six hours after the cycle has finished2.
The FreshCare range of washing machines benefit from Whirlpool’s patented and intuitive 6TH SENSE® technology, which will sense, adapt and monitor water usage, energy consumption and time according to the load size. This offers resource savings of up to 50 per cent3, without compromising on performance.
Available in capacities of 7kg, 8kg and 9kg, all three models benefit from a clear and concise LED digital display, 16 programmes to choose from and a start delay option to make use of less expensive electricity tariffs, where available.
Catherine Balderson, Brand Manager, Whirlpool says: “Whirlpool creates a unique, intuitive experience with products that sense and adapt to consumers needs. We introduced the FreshCare+™ system to remove the worries of how and when to do the laundry, leaving truly fresher smelling clothes and peace of mind – even hours after the end of the cycle.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool FreshCare freestanding 9kg washing machine (FWD91496W UK):
- Freestanding washing machine offering a generous 9kg capacity
- FreshCare+™ continues to tumble garments after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh2
- 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 50 per cent of water, energy and time3
- ‘A+++ (-30%)’ energy rating to maximise energy saving
- Colour15°C programme maintains original quality and colour of user’s garments and guarantees the same performance as a 40°C wash programme
- Features 16 programmes to choose from including Delicates, Rapid 30ꞌ, Easy Ironing and Duvet, designed for washing eiderdown-padded items such as double or single duvets, cushions and anoraks, etc.
- Variable temperature and spin speed for added efficiency and less creasing and ironing
- Start delay to make use of less expensive electricity tariffs, where available
- LED digital display for instant feedback
- Variable spin speed with maximum of 1400 rpm for cottons
- Stacking kit available to stack with matching tumble dryer
- Also available in drum capacities of 7kg and 8kg
- Finished in white
- Dimensions H x D x W: 845 x 630 x 595 mm
- Available from retailers for around £399.99
For more information on the new Whirlpool FreshCare washing machine range, and your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
- The range of Whirlpool FreshCare washing machines benefit from the FreshCare+™ system, which is designed to keep laundry fresh, even hours after the cycle has finished
- The Whirlpool FreshCare freestanding 9kg washing machine (FWD91496W UK) boasts an ‘A+++ (-30%)’ energy rating and Whirlpool’s patented 6TH SENSE® technology
Notes for editor:
1 Whirlpool Connect Hub FreshCare+ December 2016
2 Not compatible with programmes designed for delicate garments and duvets
3 Comparison between maximum load and 1kg load on washer with 6TH SENSE® technology and Cotton 60° program
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH Sense® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 93,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2016. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Hotpoint, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 24,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in eight countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
11th January 2018