Washing machines are becoming more and more eco-friendly and Whirlpool’s latest is no exception. The new AWOE 8760 washing machine from Whirlpool not only boasts a stunning 8 kg capacity with A-30 energy efficiency, and has Whirlpool’s latest patented technology, a Detergent Dosing system.
“The detergent represents the most costly part of the wash and consumers typically over-dose. Over-dosing detergent can lead to detergent build-up causing undue odours lingering in the machine; it makes it difficult to rinse out and compromises the wash performance, and of course, importantly over-dosing damages the environment. The consumer has no real way of accurately dosing the detergent required without it being detrimental to the wash result,” comments Dean McKelvie, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding for Whirlpool.
“We believe this is the first machine that can recommend the correct amount of detergent for every wash, and therefore save the consumer considerable sums of money throughout the year, and contribute to conserving the condition of our water sources,” continues Dean.
Consumer research conducted by Whirlpool found that consumers’ most desired feature was to achieve the lowest detergent consumption and deliver the best wash performance. This had to incorporate all the parameters that affect detergent dosing and uniquely include soil level and water hardness. Whirlpool’s new system incorporates detergent recommendation according to the load size, the water hardness, level of soiling, type of detergent and fabric.
The new AWOE 8760 offers unique programmes with the opportunity to not only save detergent but energy, water and time too.
New AWOE 8760 washing machine key benefits:
- Patented Detergent Dosing System to save cost and the environment
- Super efficient with A-30 energy efficiency; 30% better than an ‘A’ energy rated washing machine
- Capacious 8 kg load for greater economy, for washing more less often
- New intuitive LCD screen and layout for ease of use and convenience
- 6th Sense® technology for full electronic control, optimising all parameters of the wash process, adapting, adjusting and controlling for best wash results and savings of up to 50% for water, energy and time
- Space-age Carisma design – soft rounded edges with clean, smooth flowing lines, integrated detergent dispenser, flush door screen and controls.
- Multitude of wash programmes including special:
- Mixed load for either fabric or colour type
- Black and dark –black garments stay black for longer
- White only for mixed load of white fabrics to stay white for longer
- White and Light for cleaning light colours without greying effect
- Jeans Programme ideal for easy going clothes
- Speed 15 – a quick wash for lightly soiled garments washing 3kg load in 15 minutes
- Sport and Outdoor for clothes and sportswear made of hi-tech micro-fibres
- Super Eco save up to 40% on a full load
- AquaEco – to refresh a small lightly soiled load with minimum water consumption
- Special Microban® antibacterial treatment so the appliance stays cleaner, fresher and hygienic for longer.
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 85 x 60 x 60 cm
Dean concludes: “This is one of a new generation of washing machines that deliver valuable and unique points of difference for the retailer, as well as representing excellent value for money in today’s challenging economic climate. New styling and intuitive layout with superb engineering and innovation provides the retailer with the vital opportunities to sell-up, and realise real retail advantages.”
For more information on Whirlpool’s new washing machines contact your Regional Business Manager or call Whirlpool on 0208 649 5000.
Image caption: The Whirlpool AWOE 8760 with A-30 energy efficiency, new patented detergent dosing system, new intuitive control panel design with lifestyle programmes all supported by the company’s patented new generation 6th Sense® technology.
2nd June 2010
About Whirlpool Europe:
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $17 billion, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further information and images please contact:
JM Marketing, Jacqueline
Tel: 01536 414555