Premium appliance manufacturer, Whirlpool has introduced brand new integrated washing machines and washer dryers that boast the FreshCare+™ system, innovative 6TH SENSE® technology and increased capacities.
The integration of a laundry appliance is always welcome where space in the kitchen is limited, and especially when the ground floor living space is all-in-one. However, with working from home becoming the new norm, many more of us are much more tuned into our living space than ever before, and we are looking for smarter appliance solutions.
The brand new integrated washing machine and washer dryer from Whirlpool allow consumers to complete larger loads of laundry, within the same standard footprint, while maintaining a stylish kitchen, or utility room, as the appliances are concealed behind a furniture door. In addition, with the increasingly busy lives of families today, should it not be convenient to unload the laundry immediately, both the washing machine and washer dryer have the handy benefit of FreshCare+™, which continues to tumble garments after washing, with the injection of gentle steam, for up to six hours, reducing creasing and keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh*.
The Whirlpool FreshCare+™ 9 kg integrated washing machine (BI WMWG 91484 UK) benefits from 15 programmes for the user to choose from, including a dedicated sportswear programme and Colour15°C. Colour15°C enables users to wash at lower temperatures to save on energy usage while maintaining the original quality and colour of user’s garments, guaranteeing the same performance as a 40°C wash programme**. In addition, for further savings on utility bills, 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save water, energy and time***.
Boasting a generous 9 kg wash/6 kg dry capacity, the brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ integrated washer dryer (BI WDWG 961484 UK) benefits from a useful Wash&Dry 45ꞌ programme, which washes and dries 1 kg of laundry in just 45 minutes. Not only does the appliance benefit from Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® technology, it also has a valuable dry only feature and dedicated wool programme. The new Whirlpool washer dryer is a space-saver with practical innovations to maximise the increasingly compact spaces of modern homes.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “Style is equally important today, as is functionality for our customers, and therefore we have introduced large capacity integrated washing machines and washer dryers. Both appliance types have the benefit of FreshCare+™ and 6TH SENSE® technology to allow the user to benefit from superior performance and intuitive technology without compromising on their preferred style.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ 9 kg integrated washing machine (BI WMWG 91484 UK):
- Integrated washing machine offering a generous 9 kg capacity
- FreshCare+™ continues to tumble garments after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh1. The FreshCare+™ system gently massages the laundry with regular, slow, drum movements alternated with infusions of steam
- New energy rating of C to maximise energy saving
- 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save water, energy and time3
- 15 programmes including Eco cotton, Rapid 30ꞌ, Sport, Colour15°C and Duvet, designed for washing eiderdown-padded items such as double or single duvets, cushions and anoraks, etc.
- Mixed programme for laundering a mixed load of cottons, synthetics and mixed fibres
- Colour 15°C programme maintains original quality and colour of user’s garments and guarantees the same performance as a 40°C wash programme2
- Variable spin speed with a maximum of 1400 rpm
- Intensive rinse option, which is particularly beneficial for those with sensitive skin
- The Clean+ system features three further garment washing options, dependent upon the users cleaning needs:
- Intensive: Removes the most stubborn stains. Designed for high levels of dirt
- Daily: Removes everyday stains
- Fast: Removes less stubborn stains
- Start delay to make use of less expensive electricity tariffs, where available
- Child lock for complete peace of mind
- White enamelled appliance with white control panel
- Noise level: 70 dB(A)
- 8 kg capacity model also available
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty and 10 year parts guarantee
- Dimensions H x W x D: 820 x 595 x 545 mm
For more information on the brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ integrated washing machines and washer dryers, please visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editors:
* Not compatible with programmes designed for delicate garments and duvets
** Comparison made between mixed 40°C programme and mixed programme with Colour15°C option.
*** Comparison between maximum load and 1 kg load on washer with 6TH SENSE® technology and Cotton 60° programme
- The brand new Whirlpool 9 kg integrated washing machine (BI WMWG 91484 UK) boasts the FreshCare+™ system, innovative 6TH SENSE® technology and 15 programmes for the user to choose from
- The brand new FreshCare+™ integrated washer dryer (BI WDWG 961484 UK) from Whirlpool benefits from an incredible 9 kg wash/6 kg dry capacity
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
29th April 2021