Faded and washed out colours have long been a major frustration on laundry days, but Whirlpool has now addressed the age-old problem with its new WWCR 9230 6th Sense Colours washing machine.
The WWCR 9230 washing machine ensures long-lasting colour preservation and unparalleled fabric care for a superb cleaning performance even at ultra-low temperatures. This is achieved by the clever combination of the machine’s 6th Sense Colours technology, the special Colours 15ºC option, and Wave Motion technology.
Whirlpool’s patented 6th Sense® technology offers an outstanding eco-friendly performance. The intelligent technology automatically senses the size of the load, adjusting the resources accordingly and realising savings of up to 50%¹ on energy, water and time.
Wave Motion technology is a unique asymmetrical drum movement that maximises detergent effectiveness when combined with 6th Sense® technology. The movement distributes fabrics thoroughly around the drum and allows detergent to be perfectly absorbed. This means the washing temperature can be reduced to an absolute minimum, with the Colours 15ºC option, whilst ensuring the same cleaning performance for washing cycles at 40ºC. This represents a highly significant new way to guarantee long-lasting colour fidelity and fabric care, as tested and confirmed by the German research institute, WFK.
For even better results, the Colours 15ºC option works in concert with the 6th Sense Colours programmes, which are adapted to different colour choices to ensure outstanding colour preservation. Each 6th Sense programme optimises washing performance for a specific colour set composed of assorted fabric types. The Dark Colours programme protects black and dark items from fading. The Light Colours programme washes light colours with no colour transfer, while the Mixed programme washes an assortment perfectly.
The intuitive control panel and layout on the A++ energy rated WWCR 9230 is designed to match consumers needs and includes 14 programmes such as the time saving Speed 15 which is designed to wash a 3kg load in just 15-minutes. The Super Eco programme saves up to 40% energy using a combination of reduced tumbling and increased soaking within an increased cycle time; when run with the delayed start option it is ideal for night time operation to maximise the use of lower energy tariffs. The Daily Load programme is perfectly designed to cope with the everyday wash load in just an hour, while the Big Item programme for cumbersome duvets and the dedicated Jeans and Sports programmes are invaluable to any busy household.
A significant selling point on this freestanding feature-rich machine is its 9kg, offering 80% more room than a standard 5kg machine, so washing more laundry in a single wash saving time, energy and money! Whirlpool’s Detergent Dosing Recommendation system is another benefit, which recommends exactly how much detergent to use, saving money and protecting the environment.
Whirlpool’s Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding, Dean McKelvie comments: “The Whirlpool WWCR 9230 is a genuinely ground-breaking addition to our home laundry portfolio with its great solution for preserving the colour and integrity of fabrics and its ability to combine different technologies to maximum effect. Our on-going research and development programme is geared to constant improvement and this great machine is another important ‘first’ for Whirlpool.”
Key features and benefits of the WWCR 9230 freestanding Colours washing machine:
• A++ energy class with AB wash and spin rating for excellent energy and wash results
• Extra-large 9kg drum capacity in standard footprint – 80% more room than a 5kg machine
• Next generation patented 6th Sense technology for extended savings of up to 50% for water, energy and time¹
• New 6th Sense Colours technology to preserve the colour and integrity of fabrics
• Special Colours 15ºC option combines with 6th Sense Colours technology and Wave Motion technology
• Wave Motion technology is a unique asymmetrical drum movement that maximises detergent effectiveness when combined with 6th Sense® technology
• The Colours 15ºC option works in concert with the 6th Sense Colours programmes, which are adapted to different colour choices to ensure outstanding colour preservation and fabric care
• 6th Sense programme optimises washing performance for a specific colour set composed of assorted fabric types
• Dark Colours programme protects black and dark items from fading. The Light Colours programme washes light colours with no colour transfer, while the Mixed programme washes an assortment of colours perfectly
• The Mixed programme option offers energy savings of 70% while the Dark and Light programmes save 85%²
• Intuitive LED control panel and layout is designed to match consumers’ needs and includes 14 programmes
• Detergent Dosing Recommendation System saves cost and protects the environment
• Super Eco programme for 40% energy saving
• Speed Wash – 3kg load in 15-minutes
• Daily Load 60-minute programme for quick and excellent wash performance for the everyday mixed load
• Start Delay to wash at a time to suit the household and to access less expensive energy tariffs
• Additional options including: pre-wash, easy ironing setting for releasing creases in garments to save time and effort ironing; intensive rinse, rinse hold and variable spin
• Maximum spin speed of 1200 rpm to reduce drying times
• Large 440mm wide porthole door with 172° opening angle for easy access
• Low wash/spin noise levels of 58 and 77dB(A)
• Dimensions : H 850 x W 595 x D 600 mm
For more information on Whirlpool’s WWCR 9230 6th Sense Colours washing machine call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000.
Image caption: Whirlpool’s new 6th Sense Colours washing machine, the WWCR 9230, ensures long-lasting colour preservation and unparalleled fabric care for a superb cleaning performance even at ultra-low temperatures. This is achieved by the clever combination of the machine’s 6th Sense Colours technology, the special Colours 15ºC option and Wave Motion technology.
¹Comparison between 9kg load and 1kg on Whirlpool washer with 6th Sense cotton 60°C programme.
²Savings based on Colours 15ºC option on Mixed programme/Light Colours/Dark programme compared with a Whirlpool default Mixed 40ºC/Light colours /Dark 40ºC.
8th November 2011
About Whirlpool Europe:
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $17 billion, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555