Whirlpool’s powerful portfolio of home laundry appliances is being further strengthened by the launch of the new range of washing machines. Whilst featuring a similar specification and style characteristics to the company’s high end machines, the new range will be positioned mid-range and highly competitive, appealing to a wider audience.
The eight-model line-up richly features 6kg, 7kg and 8kg capacity with up to an A+ energy rating offering strong selling points for retailers. The capacious 8kg drum capacity models include intuitive five-digit LED control panel and the company’s patented 6th Sense intelligent technology.
However the star feature is Whirlpool’s Detergent Dosing Recommendation System, where the user can access the correct dosage via a series of quick and simple steps. On average, most people run four wash cycles per week and overdose their detergent by some 45%. By upgrading to a Whirlpool machine, based on a seven-year life cycle, it is estimated that £249 could be saved on detergent costs.
Dean McKelvie, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding for Whirlpool comments: “The great features on our high end washing machines have now been cascaded down to our new range and made available to more consumers. These are stylish, high performance models offering our very best technology and excellent energy saving credentials.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool WWDC 8220 and WWDC 8420 washing machines:
• Patented Detergent Dosing System to save long-term cost and protect the environment
• The range offers up to A+ energy ratings
• 6th Sense® technology for full electronic control, automatically optimising all parameters of the wash process, adapting, adjusting and controlling for best wash results and savings of up to 30% for water, energy and time*
• Super Eco programme is designed to save up to 40% energy** on a full load. Select a lower temperature and the wash time is automatically extended generating more mechanical action to clean garments thoroughly
• Aqua Eco saves water – when you have just a small load this programme uses up to 50% less water than a Whirlpool standard 40°C
• For saving time there is the Speed 15 programme ideal to quick wash a small load (3kg) of lightly soiled garments in 15 minutes
• Capacious 8 kg load for greater economy, for washing more less often
• 1200 or 1400 rpm spin depending on model
• Multitude of wash programmes including special and lifestyle programmes
• New aesthetic and styling with wider door, rounded distinctive plinth, softened lines on control panel with drawer line, integrated detergent dispenser and neat controls with large display window.
• New intuitive LED screen for ease of use, feedback and convenience
• Dimensions: H x W x D: 85 x 60 x 60 cm
For more information on Whirlpool’s new washing machine range, call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Whirlpool’s new WWDC 8420 (1400rpm) washing machine is richly featured offering great selling points for retailers.
* Comparison between 8kg load and 1 kg load on washer with 6th Sense function, Cotton 60°C programme
* *Compared to Whirlpool A class product on a full load Cotton 60°C programme
5th May 2011
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 12,000 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2010 of $18.4 billion, 71,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555