Whirlpool has introduced a new range of SmartCook induction hobs that incorporates the most advanced 6TH SENSE® cooking technology, offering a ground-breaking assisted-cooking experience.
In addition, the Whirlpool SmartCook induction hob range offers FlexiFull, which enables you to cook anywhere on the hob’s surface. Using auto-detection, new, temperature-even cooking zones can be created with up to eight different power levels for use at the same time, with the advantage of superb time and energy savings.
Whirlpool brings built-in culinary innovation and expertise to the market, guiding you step-by-step to achieve excellent cooking results, either by generating creative expression, or simply by saving effort.
The SmartCook range of induction hobs includes integrated smart technology that offers a whole new level of advanced benefits and intuitiveness, for an even more effortless cooking experience. Enhanced by a text assisted display, the hob is intuitive, clear and easy to use. The assisted touch display technology presents features, and setting options, with perfect clarity. The interactive display provides full assistance to create the ideal recipe every single time, and to ensure unfaltering cooking results.
There are 63 recipe programmes, with step-by-step guidance, thanks to 6th Sense® technology. Simply select the type of food you want to cook and the preferred cooking method, such as steam, grill or fry, and the technology takes care of the pan’s temperature and advises you on the right steps to follow, whilst maintaining the exact temperature for faultless results and an enjoyable cooking experience.
With just one touch, there is the opportunity to select any one of eight types of cooking methods, from melting to frying, and the hob, via SmartSense, 6TH SENSE® temperature control that will maintain the temperature precisely, monitoring and adjusting accordingly. Of course, any one of the 18 different power levels can be selected, at any time, to automatically manage the temperature accurately.
The SmartSense programmes and temperature sensors detect the pan’s temperature and adjust the heat according to the programme chosen. This ensures precise cooking of the pan’s contents and makes it easier to focus on the taste, nutritional content of the dish and its final presentation.
Charles Bernstein, Category Manager, Built-in, Whirlpool explains: “The new range of Whirlpool induction hobs, with the assisted-cooking benefit, is a game changer. We strive to delight our consumers with innovative products, to create smart kitchens, and to simplify life in the most intuitive way. Whether you love cooking, or hate cooking, the built-in, text assisted interface will allow you to extend your culinary expertise, as well as guide you every step of the way.
“The pièce de résistance of the Whirlpool SmartCook range of induction hobs is the everlasting shine of the surface enabled by iXelium™. This advanced nanotechnology treatment covers the entire surface of the hob, making cleaning as easy as wiping with a damp, detergent-free cloth, and extending its good looks well into the future.”
There are three hobs in the new SmartCook induction hob range and the flagship model is the SMP 778/C/NE/IXL detailed below.
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool SmartCook induction hob –
- The SmartCook induction hob incorporates the most advanced Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® cooking technology, offering a ground-breaking assisted-cooking experience.
- The text assisted display is intuitive, clear and easy to use and there are up 63 recipe programmes for step-by-step guidance thanks to 6th Sense® technology. Simply select the type of food you want to cook and the preferred cooking method e.g. steam, grill or fry and the technology takes care of the pan’s temperature and advises you on the right steps to follow, whilst maintaining the exact temperature for perfect results and an enjoyable cooking experience.
- SmartSense enables the selection of eight popular hob functions including; melting, simmering and boiling with one touch. The setting is maintained by 6th Sense® sensors that detect the cooking utensil’s temperature, monitoring and adjusting until the dish is perfectly cooked. Different temperatures may be selected and used simultaneously.
- There are 18 different power levels available, plus a booster setting.
- Total flexibility is provided by FlexiFull, facilitating cooking anywhere on the hob’s surface. It is completely flexible for endless freedom, and enables you to place pots and pans of any size and shape, controlling them with just one touch, the ultimate cooking freedom.
- The surface of the hob is coated with iXelium™. A tough, advanced, nanotechnology treatment covers the entirety of the glass surface, keeping the cooktop surface looking good for longer.
- There is a dedicated slider control for each area and a timer for every pan used too
- Dimensions H x D x W: 56 x 510 x 770 mm
For more information on the new Whirlpool SmartCook induction hob range and to find your nearest retailer visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
The new ground-breaking, Whirlpool, premium, SmartCook induction hob, (SMP 778/C/NE/IXL), which offers 63 pre-programmed recipes, SmartSense 6TH SENSE® temperature sensors, and the flexibility to cook anywhere on the hob’s surface, for the ultimate freedom and cooking experience. The hob’s surface is easy to keep clean, as it is finished with a tough, advanced, nanotechnology treatment (iXelium™) keeping the cooktop surface looking good for longer.
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH Sense® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 93,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2016. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Hotpoint, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 24,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in eight countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
22nd June 2017