Whirlpool’s chest freezer, the AFG 070 NF E-AP, has been awarded the Which? Magazine’s Best Buy in the Best Buy Freezers Test Lab report, July 2010.
The Whirlpool chest freezer achieved a test score of 72%, which was the best score in the chest freezer category and was highlighted as a Best Buy. During testing the freezer gained the highest score of five stars for insulation and four stars for recommended setting and reliability.
Benefits of the Whirlpool AFG 070 NFE-AP:
- A+ energy performance for extra low running costs – Which? reports a cost of £30 annually for the 223 kWh annual consumption
- Never Defrost technology absorbs humidity minimising frost formation and maintaining optimum performance
- Electronic controls for ease of use
- Fast freeze for freezing down fresh food fast to maintain texture, flavour and nutritional value
- Temperature alarm light to warn of temperature increase
- Counter-balanced lid that stays open at any angle and always closes gently
- Lockable lid
- Net capacity of 204 litres
- Finished in white
- Dimensions H x W x D: 865 x 806 x 648 mm
Dean McKelvie, Product Marketing Manager, Freestanding comments: “This is a superb achievement and it is great to be highlighted by the UK consumer champion. With the recent budget and the challenging economic times ahead many of us are going to be looking for cost-effective, good quality and energy efficient freezer capacity to store money-saving, multi-buy purchases as well as capacity to freeze down fresh foods and garden produce! Freezers are certainly a good investment, especially ones like this with A+ energy rating, and make life easier, more efficient and contribute to saving money in the long-term.”
For more information on Whirlpool’s appliances call your Regional Business Manager or Whirlpool UK on 0208 649 5000 or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk for full specification.
Image caption: Whirlpool AFG 070 NFE-AP chest freezer, the Which? Best Buy, July 2010.
19th July 2010
About Whirlpool Europe:
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $17 billion, 67,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com.
For further press information and images contact:
Tel: 01536 414555