For the financially prudent and environmentally-conscious among us, there is nothing quite as frustrating as buying delicious-looking fresh food and then having to dispose of it a short while later; when it has wilted, turned rotten or begun to smell. With the new range of superior Whirlpool cooling appliances, however, your food can now stay fresher for up to four times longer, thanks to innovative 6th Sense® FreshControl technology
Successful storing of perishable food can be a perpetual challenge, particularly for people with fast-moving, busy lives who prefer the convenience of doing larger, less frequent shopping trips. No-one wants to see food going to waste, and with the new Whirlpool Supreme NoFrost range of premium cooling appliances, your food will remain in excellent condition for even longer.
Whirlpool’s new freestanding cooling collection benefits from 6th Sense® FreshControl technology across the entire range, ensuring outstanding food preservation performance for up to four times longer1. FreshControl monitors and controls the temperature and humidity levels within the entire fridge cavity, ensuring the freshness, taste and colour of your food are preserved for as long as possible.
Thanks to advanced 6th Sense® FreezeControl technology2, the freezer temperature remains constant, even during the defrosting phase, protecting frozen food quality, taste and colour. The technology also reduces freezer burn by up to 50 per cent, which occurs when frozen foods lose moisture on the surface.
The new Whirlpool cooling range includes a model that can be controlled using the 6th Sense Live® app on a smartphone or tablet. With the innovative Shopping List feature, the user can benefit from smarter grocery management, and handy reminders of expiry dates ensure even less food is wasted. Special functions, such as the useful Fast Cooling, Fast Freezing, or even the Party Mode, can be activated remotely; and the app offers hints and tips on food storage, as well as advice for easy maintenance.
The top of the range models, such as the Whirlpool BSNF 9782 OX premium fridge freezer, offer a separate compartment perfect for the storing of fresh meat and fish. Maintaining the temperature at 0°C, the Activ0° compartment helps preserve the nutritional value, freshness, colour and taste of meat and fish for longer, and for extra flexibility, the system can be converted to standard refrigeration at any time. In addition, the QuickIce compartment in the freezer can make ice cubes in just 30 minutes, 75 per cent faster than traditional freezers.
Jennifer Taylor, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “We all want our food to last longer, and Whirlpool has invested in technological advances that enable the new range of fridge freezers to maintain all your perishables in the most ideal environment to ensure outstanding food preservation. The new premium range of Whirlpool cooling appliances offers versatility with intuitive operation, to help you store your food effectively and effortlessly; and what’s more, the Supreme NoFrost system means no manual defrosting is required, ensuring the new Whirlpool fridge freezers are the ultimate in easy maintenance too.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool Supreme NoFrost premium fridge freezer – BSNF 9782 OX :
- Modern flush 70:30 combi-fridge freezer
- Two meters tall for enormous storage with net capacity of 325 litres
- Innovative, Supreme NoFrost technology with two independent no frost systems; one for the fridge and one for the freezer, providing the best frost-free climate to store fresh and frozen food; no defrosting ever
- Excellent illumination and energy saving via LED lighting
- ExcellentFIT thin door design; drawers removable even with door opening restricted to 87°. Ideal for corner installation
- A++ energy class
- Operates at just 42 dB(A)
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 2010 x 595 x 655 mm
- Designed specifically to preserve fresh food for longer and avoid food waste
- Food stays fresh up to four times longer (compared to a Whirlpool fridge without 6th Sense®) and reduces food wastage
- Supreme NoFrost system delivers excellent food preservation and optimum humidity and eliminates the mixing of odours between the fridge and the freezer
- 6th Sense® FreshControl technology constantly monitors temperature and humidity levels and maintains the AITA³ food technology experts’ ideal fridge humidity of 70-85 per cent
- Restores the correct temperature five times faster after the door has been opened (compared to a Whirlpool fridge without 6th Sense® technology)
- A special fan circulates chilled air around the fridge for superb cooling performance, helping to maintain optimum conditions inside the compartment
- The Activ0° compartment maintains the ideal environment for storing meat and fish at approximately 0°C, ensuring food stays fresher for longer, conserving its appearance, texture and nutritional properties. Should extended space be required, this compartment maybe converted to standard refrigeration temperature at any time
- Antibacterial filtration protection for the entire fridge cavity to reduce unpleasant odours and proliferation of bacteria
- Five glass shelves, three of which are adjustable
- Handy bottle rack and balcony
- Four door balconies for jars, cans and small bottles
- Dairy compartment
- Total net capacity: 231 litres
- Innovative, new Supreme NoFrost technology has an independent no frost system, for the freezer, providing the best frost-free climate to store frozen food; no defrosting ever and no ice droplets on the rear wall
- The freezer, with Quick Ice Function, can make ice cubes in just 30 minutes, 75 per cent faster than traditional freezers
- New FreezeControl technology keeps the freezer temperature constant, avoiding freezer burn that occurs when frozen foods lose moisture on the surface. This also reduces temperature fluctuations in the freezer compartment protecting frozen food quality, taste and colour, and reducing freezer burn by up to 50 per cent
- Eliminates the inconvenience of having to defrost the freezer
- Three freezer drawers, with one super-sized for storing large items and food and containers of different shapes and sizes.
- Total net capacity: 94 litres
For more information on the new Whirlpool cooling range and your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
1. The Whirlpool freestanding fridge freezer BSNF 9782 OX Supreme NoFrost has 6th Sense® FreshControl, and an Activ 0° compartment, to keep food fresh for much longer, with less food wastage.
2. The Whirlpool integrated fridge freezer, ART 195/63 6th Sense® has an Activ0° compartment which maintains the perfect environment for storing meat and fish, conserving its appearance, texture and nutritional properties.
3. The new freestanding Whirlpool BSNF 8993/PB Supreme NoFrost fridge freezer with 6th Sense Live® fridge freezer can be remotely controlled by an app on your smartphone or tablet.
Note for editors:
1 Compared to Whirlpool products without 6th Sense® FreshControl technology
2 Available in selected models.
³ AITA, Associazione Italiana di Tecnologia Alimentare, is a member of the International Union of Food Science and Technology (IUFoST). AITA is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit association of national food scientists and technologists.
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6th Sense appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in more than 170 countries. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 24,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in eight countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centers are located in Comerio (VA), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com. or following us on twitter @WhirlpoolCorp
For further press information and images please contact:
Claire at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
14th July 2016