Whirlpool has launched a new built-in dishwasher designed to offer the best-ever cleaning performance, resource savings with intuitive solutions for clever space management.
The dishwasher features new PowerClean Max and uses 6th Sense® and AquaSteam technologies to deliver outstanding results, guaranteeing optimum cleaning performance, eliminating the need to pre-wash or soak with the benefit of great resource savings!
New PowerClean Max eliminates the need to scrub or soak crockery and pans prior to dishwashing. The 24 water jets rotate at the rear of the dishwasher work simultaneously to remove stubborn or baked-on food without the use of additional energy or water. At the same time the company’s renowned 6th Sense® technology ensures glassware and delicate items are cleaned gently, safely and thoroughly.
Smart management of the lower basket makes for flexible and customisable loading, which is a must for today’s consumer. The lower basket has five foldable tines to optimise the space for loading pots, pans and casserole dishes. The dishwasher is designed to provide greater customisation in an effort to meet all users’ needs.
There’s an innovative third and upper wash level with two removable cutlery trays eliminating the need for the traditional cutlery basket in the lower rack. The divided rack can be arranged in two alternate positions or removed completely to release extra space in the basket below. The new dishwasher range has 30% more space and accommodates a full 13 place settings, one more than the standard!
The new dishwasher’s AquaSteam boosts the normal programme by adding steam to achieve the best ever wash performance without the need for pre-treatment. Steam is a great asset not only for cleaning but it also helps to eliminate bacteria, sanitising the load. The AquaSteam function is combined with 6th Sense® technology so that steam is activated and controlled automatically. 6th Sense® technology senses, monitors and adapts the programme to the level of soiling and the load size, automatically selecting the most economical cycle to give the best results. The resource savings can be up to 50% of water, energy and time¹.
Dalia Haddad, Product Marketing Manager, Built-in says: “Our new built-in dishwasher offers the best-ever performance and results, in fact 13%² better than our current ‘A’ rated dishwasher. The new model integrates design and functionality to blend and harmonise perfectly with the modern kitchen, and its flexibility adapts to the living-style required by the demanding consumer of today.”
Key benefits of Whirlpool’s new PowerClean Max built-in dishwasher
- Triple ‘A’ rated for energy, wash and drying performance
- PowerClean Max, 24 rotating jets to eliminate the need to scrub or soak crockery and pans prior to dishwashing
- 6th Sense ® technology with one touch control for the ultimate in the utilisation of steam and resources and saves up to 50% energy, water and time¹
- 13 place settings over three levels and new flexible top level cutlery trays
- AquaSteam technology to boost a normal cycle, soften dried on food, help to eliminate bacteria and sanitise the dishes
- Fully Automatic programme with Aquasteam and six additional programmes
- 11 litres of water in a standard wash programme
- Three wash levels with three spray arms to maximise cleaning
- Innovative third wash rack with two removable cutlery trays that can be placed in two alternative positions (for loading cutlery or espresso cups) or removed to provide extra space
- Up to 30% more capacity with new organisation of space – trays, pots and pans can be placed vertically, leaving space of delicate plates in the centre or front of the basket
- More space in the lower basket as traditional cutlery basket has been replaced by third wash level
- Height adjustable upper basket
- Quiet operation at just 42 dB(A)
- Delayed start, up to 24-hours plus the benefit of an Overnight programme operating at a very quiet 39 dB(A)
- Anti-bacterial rinse option for additional hygiene
- Self cleaning filter for total ease of maintenance
- Electronic indicators for salt and rinse aid
Image caption: Whirlpool’s new ADG 8310 built-in dishwasher with new PowerClean Max technology to reduce pre-cleaning, 6th Sense® and AquaSteam technology for the very best performance and cleaning results using minimum resources.
6th May 2010
¹ Comparison between minimum and maximum consumption on 6th Sense® 40°– 70°C programme.
² Compared to a standard Whirlpool dishwasher without PowerClean Max.
With around 12,500 employees, a sales presence in over 30 European countries and manufacturing sites in seven countries, Whirlpool Europe is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation has annual sales of approximately $19 billion, 70,000 employees, and 67 manufacturing and technology research centres around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Centre is located in Comerio (VA) Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the web site www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further press information and images please contact:
JM Marketing, Jacqueline or Sarah,
Tel: 01536 414555