The new Whirlpool AKR 474 IXL stainless steel chimney hood features the company’s new iXelium™ finish, combining style with ultra-ease of maintenance.
The new Whirlpool chimney hood is the perfect product for retailers keen to celebrate the benefits of kitchen extraction to their customers. A glamorous statement appliance for any contemporary kitchen, this sleek model is also highly intelligent and easy to use.
The 900 mm wide hood has three settings controlled via the LCD touch control panel. It can be installed for direct venting to the outside, extracting a powerful 700 cubic metres of air per hour. However if this is not possible then it may be set for recirculation only, with a maximum extraction rate of 600 m³/hour. With energy efficient LED lighting for clarity and powerful luminescence it is ideal for both preparation and cooking. The hood is also easy to maintain with three grease filters that will slip neatly into a dishwasher whenever cleaning is required.
The outside of the hood is extremely well attired and will look good for many years to come, with Whirlpool’s new iXelium™ finish. This is a special nanotechnology coating, which makes the chimney hood easy to clean with the simple wipe of a damp cloth. It won’t scratch or discolour and will retain its magnificent pristine appearance and look newer for longer.
Commenting on the new chimney hood, Neil Austin, Trade Marketing Manager, Whirlpool, says: “Our Whirlpool AKR 474 IXL with the new iXelium™ finish is an elegant addition to the contemporary kitchen, offering a host of great selling points for our retailers. It has a stunning appearance that is married to easy to use touch control technology. Its ability to be either vented or recirculated gives retailers complete freedom when planning and designing a customer’s kitchen.”
Key features and benefits of the new Whirlpool AKR 474 IXL chimney hood with iXelium™finish:
- Wall mounted, chimney style hood with a modern, sleek aesthetic and is 900 mm wide
- New iXelium™ finish; a nanotechnology coating which makes the hood easy to clean with the simple wipe of a damp cloth. The iXelium™coating enables the hood to retain its pristine appearance, will not scratch or discolour with time
- LCD touch control for ease of use; with three speed settings
- Twin LED lamps for energy efficiency and good visibility for preparation and cooking
- Three dishwasher safe metal cassette grease filters for easy maintenance
- Can be ducted or recirculated mode to cater for all customer design requirements, with maximum extraction rate of 700 m³/hr
- Energy efficiency rating: A
- Noise level when ducted: 70 dB(A); noise level recirculated 71 dB(A)
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 619 x 898 x 450 mm
For more information about the new Whirlpool AKR 474 IXL with iXelium™ chimney hood contact your Account Manager.
Image caption: The new Whirlpool Chimney hood, AKR 474 IXL with special easy clean iXelium™ finish
Whirlpool Europe, Middle East and Africa
With more than 26,000 employees, a market presence in more than 30 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and manufacturing sites in nine countries, Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) is managed by Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. In 2014, Whirlpool Corporation generated an annual revenue of $20 billion, 100,000 employees, and 70 centers of manufacturing and technical research, worldwide. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Indesit, Hotpoint and other big-name brands in over 170 countries. Whirlpool’s European Operating Center is located in Comerio, Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the Web Site www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
12th May 2015