Whirlpool, a manufacturer of premium domestic appliances, introduces its refreshed range of FreshCare+™ washing machines that benefit from an improved design and brand new features, Steam Refresh and Steam Hygiene.
The brand new FreshCare+™ washing machine (FFD 9448 BSV UK) from Whirlpool boasts a generous 9 kg capacity, innovative 6TH SENSE® technology and the FreshCare+™ system, which is designed to keep laundry fresh even hours after the wash programme has finished.
Research found that 70 per cent of consumers do not unload their washing machine immediately after the cycle has ended*, and 51 per cent of consumers wash their clothes again due to the poor odour*. FreshCare+™ continues to tumble garments after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh**. In addition, the new Steam Refresh feature penetrates fibres in the garments, freshening up the user’s laundry in just 20 minutes, removing odours and reducing creasing.
Hygiene is a high priority for consumers and being able to sanitise garments is more important than ever. The redesigned Whirlpool FreshCare+™ 9 kg washing machine boasts the brand new Steam Hygiene option, which can be added to all compatible programmes. At the end of the cycle Steam Hygiene fills the drum with steam, maintaining a temperature between 70°C and 80°C for 30 minutes, removing up to 99.9 per cent of the most common bacteria*** from the load.
Also available in capacities of 7 kg**** and 8 kg, the FreshCare+™ range of washing machines from Whirlpool has been redesigned to offer improved programme visibility and ease of setting, thanks to the enhanced display graphics, while the Flowbar provides users with instant feedback on the progress of the wash programme.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “We’ve redesigned our FreshCare+™ washing machines based on consumers’ washing behaviours and the increasing need for hygiene at home. The new range combines superior performance with our intuitive 6TH SENSE® technology to offer consumers a washing machine to meet the needs of their busy lifestyles. While the brand new Steam Hygiene feature is a tremendous benefit, providing extra protection, by removing 99.9 per cent of bacteria*** from the laundry.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ 9 kg washing machine (FFD 9448 BSV UK):
- Freestanding washing machine offering a generous 9 kg capacity
- FreshCare+™ continues to tumble garments after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh**
- 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 50 per cent in water, energy and time*****
- (New energy level rating of C) ‘C’ energy rating to maximise energy saving
- Benefits from 14 programmes to choose from including Delicates, Rapid 30ꞌ, Sport and Duvet, designed for washing eiderdown-padded items such as double or single duvets, cushions and anoraks, etc.
- Steam Refresh feature for freshening up garments in just 20 minutes
- Steam Hygiene option to removes up to 99.9 per cent of the most common bacteria from the user’s laundry***. Can be activated on compatible programmes only
- Sense Inverter Motor designed to minimise vibrations and noise output
- Variable temperature and spin speed for added efficiency and less creasing and ironing
- Maximum spin speed of 1400 rpm
- Start delay to make use of less expensive electricity tariffs, where available
- LED digital display for instant feedback
- Child lock for added safety
- Noise level: 78 dB(A)
- Finished in white
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty and 10 year parts guarantee
- Dimensions H x W x D: 850 x 595 x 630 mm
For more information on the brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ washing machines, please visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editors:
* Whirlpool Connect Hub FreshCare+ December 2016
** Not compatible with programmes designed for delicate garments and duvets
*** Tested and certified by Allergy UK
**** Steam Hygiene is not featured on the 7 kg model
***** Comparison between maximum load and 1 kg load on washer with 6TH SENSE® technology and Cotton 60° programme
- The brand new Whirlpool FreshCare+™ 9 kg washing machine (FFD 9448 BSV UK) boasts the FreshCare+™ system that continues to tumble garments after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh**
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2020. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
17th March 2021