Whirlpool has introduced a new Grand Side by Side, freestanding fridge and freezer pair, which brings a new dimension to space in the kitchen.
The pair offers a new and elegant aesthetic, both inside and out, to emanate a premium aura. The newly designed, iconic, integrated handles are sleek and contemporary, while the new metallic finish on each refrigerator shelf edge ,door balconies and the freezer drawers reflect the high quality finish.
The Whirlpool freestanding Grand Side by Side provides advanced space management, making it easier to store more, while keeping all the contents organised, visible and accessible. The pair provides an outstanding net capacity of 615 litres is the perfect alternative for those who desire a traditional side by side fridge freezer but require more space. To illustrate the freestanding pair’s storage ability, the appliances will comfortably store the contents of up to 23 shopping bags of food1.
The innovative and intelligent Whirlpool Xlent Fit construction means the appliances may be neatly installed into two, 60 cm spaces, or aligned perfectly and linked together, with the aid of a kit for a clean linear-look, and fit into a 120 cm niche. The models may be located in a variety of positions, as they do not require any space at either side e.g. between the door and a wall, a kitchen unit and may be sited in a corner. Even if access is restricted, by the door opening to just 87 degrees, the drawers and shelves may be accessed easily and completely removed. The hinges are easily adjusted for perfect alignment, and are mounted so the doors open within their own space, enabling total flexibility within the kitchen design. Furthermore the appliances also have the benefit of practical wheels on the base to make it easy to install, align and move, without the risk of marking the floor.
The new refrigerator (SW8 AM2C XARL UK) boasts a generous net capacity of 363 litres. It is fully equipped with intuitive, Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® Fresh Control technology, which automatically monitors the temperature and humidity, creating the ideal conditions for storing food, allowing fresh food to be preserved for up to four times longer2. The fridge also has a dedicated Activ0° compartment, which may be optionally used for the preservation of fresh meat, fish and delicatesserie items at a lower temperature. However should you require additional refrigeration-temperature space then the drawer may be switched off, which extends flexibility. In addition, and a great asset in aiding food preservation, the appliance will restore the temperature to the correct setting five times faster after opening the door2.
The new freezer (UW8 F2C XLSB UK) has a generous net capacity of 252 litres. The seven transparent and fully retractable drawers, which are positioned on a flexible rail and roller system, make for easy access and convenient storage. The freezer offers supreme freezing performance with the added convenience of a ShockFreeze compartment, which will freeze up to two kilogrammes of food in just four hours. Further, intuitive Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® Freeze Control technology reduces freezer burn, preserving the quality and colour of your frozen foods for much longer, by minimising temperature fluctuations by up to 50 per cent³.
Equipped with a handy Eco Night function means the defrost cycle can be set when lower energy tariffs are available, promoting energy saving, while optimising performance and consumption.
Catherine Balderson, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “It is so important for us to deliver appliances that not only keep food preserved for longer, thereby reducing food waste, but incorporate advanced and intuitive technology to work with modern lifestyles.
“This is a versatile solution for those who want extraordinary capacity, and the convenience of less frequent shopping trips, with a contemporary, premium aesthetic.”
Key features and benefits of the freestanding Whirlpool refrigerator, SW8 AM2C XARL UK:
- Freestanding refrigerator, 60 cm wide, with a generous 363 litre net capacity
- New and elegant aesthetic including iconic handle design, and each shelf and door balcony is finished with a high quality metal trim
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® Fresh Control technology monitors and adapts the temperature and humidity to ensure your food is preserved for up to four times longer2
- Fast cooling mode to ensure low energy consumption and prolonged freshness with automatic switch-off
- Vacation mode for reducing energy consumption during a prolonged period of time. The temperature is increased to +12°C, which prevents the formation of unpleasant odours
- Electronic touch controls for effortless setting and easy to read feedback
- Four glass, telescopic shelves; three shelves are adjustable, to accommodate changing daily and seasonal requirements plus:
- Dedicated Activ0° compartment drawer, which may be optionally used for the preservation of fresh meat, fish and delicatesserie items at a lower temperature
- Crisper drawer for fruit and vegetables
- Convenient bottle rack to store drinks easily and safely
- Anti-bacterial filter with Microban® technology
- LED lighting for excellent visibility throughout the fridge and to maximise energy efficiency
- ‘A++’ energy rated permitting low running costs
- Low noise level of 38 dB(A)
- Optional linking kit to seamlessly link the cooling pair together
- Reversible door; opens to just 87 degrees for positioning in a corner, against a wall, in a corner, or next to a kitchen cabinet
- May be paired with the UW8 F2C XLSB freezer
- Available in Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: H x W x D 187.5 x 59.5 x 63 cm
Key features and benefits of the freestanding Whirlpool freezer UW8 F2C XLSB:
- Freestanding, 60 cm wide with a generous 252 litre net capacity
- New and elegant aesthetic with iconic handle design, and each drawer finished with a high quality metal trim
- Whirlpool 6th Sense® Freeze Control technology monitors and adapts the freezer temperature reducing freezer burn. This preserves the quality and colour of frozen foods minimising temperature fluctuation by up to 50 per cent³
- ShockFreeze is a fast freezing compartment that will freeze up to two kilogrammes of food in four hours
- Fast Freeze setting (with automatic switch off) for reducing the temperature of the entire freezer for freezing large amounts of food quickly or where loading a considerable number of items e.g. after shopping
- Eco Night function enables the defrost cycle to take advantage of lower energy tariffs where available
- No Frost technology for frost free convenience and ease of maintenance
- Seven transparent drawers for easy viewing, including two ‘Big Box’ drawers to store larger items.
- ‘A++’ energy rated to maximise energy saving
- Noise level of just 41 dB(A)
- Complementary linking kit to seamlessly link the cooling pair together
- Reversible door; opens to 87 degrees for positioning in a corner, next to a wall or kitchen cabinet
- Matches, and may be paired with, the SW8 AM2C XARL refrigerator
- Available in Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: H x W D 187.5 x 59.5 x 63 cm
For more information on the new, freestanding, Whirlpool Grand Side by Side cooling pair, contact your account manager, or visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
The Whirlpool Grand Side by Side cooling pair of appliances, with sophisticated aesthetics and intelligent intuitive technology that makes modern everyday life easier.
Note for editors:
1 Based on carrier bags measuring 30 x 30 cm.
2 Compared to Whirlpool models without 6th Sense® technology.
³ Based on internal results, comparing a Whirlpool freezer with Freeze control technology to a Whirlpool freezer without Freeze Control technology.
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH Sense® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE:WHR) is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 93,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centres in 2016. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Hotpoint, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 24,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in eight countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centres are located in Pero (MI), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com or find us on twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
9th August 2017