Designed to offer an intuitive experience for consumers with busy lives, the brand new Whirlpool W Collection 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK) benefits from 6TH SENSE Live® connectivity, an exceptional capacity of 554 litres and effortlessly customised smart space management.
Finished in elegant black stainless steel, the freestanding, American-style fridge freezer from Whirlpool (WQ9I FO1BX UK) can be controlled from anywhere, via a smartphone or tablet, thanks to the Whirlpool 6TH SENSE Live® app. Users can adjust and monitor settings, activate special functions, such as the fast cooling mode, as well as access advice for easy maintenance. What’s more, the 6TH SENSE Live® app can help users effectively manage the contents of the fridge freezer by notifying users when food needs to be used by or when drinks are chilled to perfection. The app can also provide food storage tips, drinks’ recipes and populate a shopping list.
The Whirlpool fridge freezer also boasts incredible versatility and 33 per cent more space for fresh fruit and vegetables*, thanks to a dedicated compartment that can be adapted to individual consumer’s needs. The Convertible Space compartment can be switched from fridge to freezer conditions with just one touch, offering users the ultimate solution in food storage, organisation and flexibility. The versatile compartment can be set at either 0°C, 4°C, 10°C, -7°C, -12°C or -16°C to -22°C allowing users to store a variety of items at their desired temperature.
The new model offers advanced food preservation thanks to its Triple No Frost system and Whirlpool’s patented 6TH SENSE® technology. 6TH SENSE® Precision Control monitors temperature fluctuations and humidity levels within the entire fridge compartment to maintain the ideal conditions, ensuring food stays fresh for longer, while offering resource savings of up to 30 per cent**. Furthermore, 6TH SENSE® technology in the freezer compartment reduces freezer burn to preserve the overall quality of the food for longer.
Recognised and boasting a coveted iF Design Award, the Whirlpool fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK) has a distinctive, luxury aesthetic with integrated stainless steel edged handles, while the 4.5 inch colour LCD touch sensitive display screen is easy to set for effortless control and easy to read feedback. In addition, the top-of-the-range appliance benefits from an innovative in-door ice and chilled water dispenser, which allows for more room in the fridge compartment.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “Our brand new 4 Doors fridge freezer, with internet connectivity, has been designed to deliver superior results in the most efficient way, utilising innovative 6TH SENSE Live® technology to enhance the user’s overall experience. Boasting clever storage solutions, food preservation technology and a stunning design, the W Collection fridge freezer can add a luxury statement to the kitchen, while benefiting the end user and the wider environment.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool W Collection 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK):
- Freestanding four door fridge freezer with generous 554 litre net capacity
- Intuitive and ergonomic controls
- 6TH SENSE Live® app compatible, allowing for:
- Remote control of the appliance via smartphone or tablet
- Set or change the appliance settings
- Constant monitoring of the appliance, alerting users in the event of malfunction, along with suggestions for maintenance or repair
- Practical online tutorials to guide and help the user to make best use of the appliance and increase food preservation, as well as illustrating various programme functions and benefits
- Creation of a food inventory and to populate it directly from the shopping list, offering reminders of food expiration dates to avoid food spoilage
- Remote activation of special functions, such as the Holiday Mode to minimise energy wastage, preventing bacteria growth keeping the fridge fresh and hygienic
- Electronic temperature control throughout with intuitive ergonomic controls
- LED lighting for excellent visibility and to maximise energy efficiency
- No Frost and frost free throughout the appliance
- ‘A+’ energy rating for low running costs
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty and 10 year parts guarantee
- 4.5 inch colour LCD touch sensitive display screen for ease of setting, effortless control and easy to read feedback
- Triple No Frost technology that utilises three independent evaporators preserving food quality and reducing odour transmission between the fridge and freezer
- Elegant, slim fit doors with neat integrated handles
- Honoured with coveted iF Design Award
- Finished in elegant black stainless steel
- Low noise level of 41 dB (A)
- Dimensions: H x W X D 1876 x 908 x 716 mm
- Also available in stainless steel with touch display control panel (WQ9I MO1L UK)
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® Precision Control monitors, adapts and controls the humidity and temperature to ensure an optimal environment for storing fresh food, while offering resource savings of up to 30 per cent**
- 33 per cent extra space for fruit and vegetables with the handy Convertible Space benefit
- Fast cooling mode to load the weekly shopping, cooling it extremely quickly to prolong freshness
- Pure Control keeps the fridge smelling fresh and hygienic by keeping bacteria at bay, creating the perfect environment to store fresh food safely
- Two adjustable fridge shelves, two handy crisper drawers and four fridge door balconies as well as an easy access tray and pull out platter
- Specially designed ‘flip’ adjustable sliding shelves to adjust the shelf height without needing to remove stored food
- Slim in-door ice and filtered water dispenser, which is integrated within the fridge door, providing more storage space inside the fridge with additional balcony shelving on the door. Can produce up to 1.65 kg of cubed or crushed ice per day if needed
- Maxi Theatre effect lighting with two LED lighting strips, for enhanced visibility
- Total net capacity: 338 litres
- Whirlpool 6TH SENSE® Precision Control monitors, adapts and controls the temperature to preserve the overall quality of the food for longer and reduce freezer burn
- Convertible Space compartment offers the ultimate solution in food storage organisation and flexibility. Switch from freezer to fridge with just one touch or select one of the six pre-set temperatures:
- 4°C for fresh fruit and vegetables
- 0°C for meat and fish
- 10°C for gently cooling white wines and Champagne
- -7°C soft freeze for food that is to be consumed within a week and allows users to avoid the defrosting process. Food stored at this temperature can be placed directly from the freezer into a pan for cooking
- -12°C for frozen fruit, desserts and ready-to-serve ice cream
- -16°C to -22°C deep freeze for retaining the nutritional value of frozen food for longer
- Fast freezing allows the user to freeze food quickly, retaining its texture and nutritional values
- Triple No Frost technology for frost free convenience and ease of maintenance
- Four freezer drawers and six freezer door balconies
- Total net capacity: 216 litres
For more information on the brand new Whirlpool W Collection 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK), please visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Notes for editors:
* Considering the capacity of the convertible space set up at 4°C
** Compared to Whirlpool fridge freezers without 6TH SENSE® technology
- Finished in elegant black stainless steel, the brand new Whirlpool W Collection 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK) can be controlled via the Whirlpool 6TH SENSE Live® app
- The Whirlpool W Collection 4 Doors fridge freezer (WQ9I FO1BX UK) has been awarded an iF Design Award
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6TH SENSE® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: www.registermyappliance.org.uk
About Whirlpool Corporation:
Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading kitchen and laundry appliance company, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 77,000 employees and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2019. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. Additional information about the company can be found at whirlpoolcorp.com or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Hannah at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
3rd February 2021