Premium appliance manufacturer, Whirlpool has developed a brand new range of washing machines that benefit from an Extra Silence programme, resource saving technology and a variety of steam functions for versatile cleaning and freshening up of the user’s garments.
Boasting an overall ‘A’ rating for noise output, the new SupremeSilence range has been designed to ensure doing the laundry doesn’t disturb life at home. Quietness is achieved thanks to the innovative direct drive ZenMotor™, which is connected directly to the drum, alongside the Zen side panels and Zen body structure, a robust casing that minimises vibration while maintaining a high quality washing performance. What’s more, the Extra Silence cycle operates below 60 dB(A) for the duration of the programme, meaning they’re the quietest washing machines in the Whirlpool portfolio*.
Sustainable credentials are increasingly important to consumers when searching for a new laundry appliance. To meet the needs of eco-savvy consumers, the brand new, ‘A’ energy rated, Whirlpool washing machines benefit from 6TH SENSE® technology, plus AutoDose and WaterSave features. By sensing the size of the load and continuously monitoring the wash programme, 6TH SENSE® adapts the cycle to optimise resources, saving up to 45 per cent energy** and 50 per cent water**.
Furthermore, WaterSave utilises a nozzle to spray water directly onto the laundry at the start of each cycle, saving up to 59 per cent of water, which equates to 38 litres, with every wash***. In addition, the AutoDose system stores enough detergent for 26 washes, which is automatically introduced at the correct time in the cycle, saving up to 30 per cent**** of detergent with each programme. The unique push-to-open detergent drawer, glides open silently, offering peace and quiet at all stages of the laundry process.
Offering increased levels of hygiene and freshness, the Whirlpool SupremeSilence washing machines benefit from three steam functions for added peace of mind. At the end of the cycle Steam Hygiene fills the drum with steam, maintaining a temperature between 70°C and 80°C for 30 minutes, removing up to 99.9 per cent of the most common bacteria***** from the load. FreshCare+™ tumbles garments, after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments fresh******. In addition, the new Steam Refresh option is ideal for freshening up a little worn garment, avoiding the need for a wash. The steam penetrates fibres, freshening up the user’s laundry in just 20 minutes, removing odours and reducing creasing.
Available in capacities of 9 kg and 10 kg, the range of SupremeSilence washing machines from Whirlpool are finished in white and boast a stylish, modern design. Additional benefits include an interior drum light for enhanced visibility, a push-to-open filter and a LED display panel for instant, easy to read, feedback.
Charmaine Warner, Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “We are spending more time at home than ever before and the boundaries between work and life are merging. At Whirlpool, we understand the importance of creating a calm and quiet environment in our homes. We have therefore introduced our SupremeSilence range of washing machines to ensure users can benefit from beautifully clean laundry as well as practice self-care at home, without being disturbed by the sound of an appliance whirring in the background.”
Key features and benefits of the brand new Whirlpool 10 kg SupremeSilence washing machine (W8 W046WR UK):
- Freestanding washing machine offering a generous 10 kg capacity
- Benefits from 24 programmes to choose from including Eco 40 – 60, Rapid 30ꞌ, Delicates and Mixed Extra Silence that operates below 60 dB(A) for the duration of the cycle. It also has specialised cycles for jeans, baby clothes and pet items, as well as an anti-allergy programme
- 6TH SENSE® technology monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 45 per cent energy** and 50 per cent water** as well as time
- WaterSave sprays water directly onto the laundry at the start of each cycle through a dedicated nozzle, offering a saving of up to 59 per cent water with every wash***
- AutoDose system automatically dispenses detergent and fabric conditioner. The automatic dispenser utilises an optimised algorithm to ensure efficient detergent and softener usage, which can save users up to 30 per cent****. The capacity is 800 ml for detergent and 400 ml for softener
- The detergent dispenser silently glides open thanks to the unique push-to-open mechanism
- For specialised detergents, users can switch to manual dose mode that has a 220 ml capacity compartment
- Innovative direct drive, beltless, ZenMotor™ connects to the drum to ensure precise movement, minimising vibration and subsequent noise output
- Specially designed Zen side panels absorb motor and airflow frequencies together with the robust Zen body minimise vibration even further
- ‘A’ energy rating (new) to maximise energy savings
- Dedicated steam functions for enhanced cleaning and super fresh laundry:
- Steam Refresh for freshening up garments in just 20 minutes
- Steam Hygiene option to remove up to 99.9 per cent of the most common bacteria from the user’s laundry*****
- FreshCare+™ continues to tumble garments after washing for up to six hours, minimising creasing and ensuring the laundry is smelling fresh******
- Benefits from an antimicrobic door seal to reduce bacteria proliferation by up to 99 per cent*******
- Variable temperature and spin speed for added efficiency and reducing creasing and ironing
- Maximum spin speed of 1400 rpm
- Start delay of up to 24 hours to make use of less expensive electricity tariffs, where available
- Intuitive and modern LED digital display for instant, easy-to-read feedback
- Drum light for enhanced visibility
- Child lock for added safety
- Push-to-open filter for easy cleaning and maintenance
- Noise level: 71 dB(A)
- The appliance is built with components that have an 87 per cent recyclability rate
- Also available in a 9 kg capacity model (W8 W946WR UK)
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty and 10 year parts guarantee
- Finished in white with a black screen door
- Dimensions H x W x D: 845 x 596 x 643 mm
For more information on the brand new Whirlpool SupremeSilence washing machines, please visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
- Whirlpool SupremeSilence washing machines deliver a superior washing performance and enhanced resource efficiency without compromising on results
- The brand new Whirlpool SupremeSilence 10 kg washing machine (W8 W046WR UK) boasts an ‘A’ energy rating, 6TH SENSE® technology and the Extra Silence programme for completing a load of laundry in near silence
Notes for editor:
* Claim refers to the 9 kg Whirlpool Washing Machine (W8 W946WR UK) and 10 kg Whirlpool Washing Machine (W8 W046WR UK) in comparison with the other washing machines of the Whirlpool brand range with 9 and 10 kg capacity
** Tested on Full Load 45 min, Cotton, Mixed and ECO 40-60 cycles with and without 6TH SENSE®
*** Tested on Full Load 45min, Cotton, Mixed and ECO 40-60 cycles with and without WaterSave and 6TH SENSE®
**** Compared to the recommended dosage of the most sold (concentrated) liquid detergents (Euromonitor Germany, 2019)
***** Tested by Allergy UK on Cotton 40°C, Synthetic 40°C and Bed Linen 60°C programs with Steam option activated
****** Not compatible with programmes designed for delicate garments and duvets
******* Certificated by TUV
About jmm PR:
jmm PR is a PR, social media and influencer marketing agency that offers a range of bespoke and innovative marketing services that can make a real difference to your business.
With decades of experience and proven success in raising the profiles and awareness of brands and businesses, jmm PR has extensive public relations and commercial knowledge, which can effectively contribute to the growth of your business. In addition, services include writing press releases, proof reading and copy writing, plus campaign and event support, social media and influencer planning and marketing.
jmm PR offers solutions for businesses of all sizes, including PR packages designed to support SMEs in addition to annual press office management to complement marketing plans of larger organisations.