Way back in 1911, Upton Machine Company, later to be known as Whirlpool Corporation, developed its first electric-powered wringer washer. Now the world’s largest appliance manufacturer, Whirlpool has honed and improved their washing technology over the last hundred years, and their newest range of laundry appliances has evolved to be quieter and more intelligent than ever before.
The new Supreme Care range of premium Whirlpool laundry appliances includes a smart laundry pair that can be controlled from anywhere, by an app on your smartphone or tablet. The new Whirlpool FSCR 12441 washing machine and matching HSCX 10441 tumble dryer benefit from 6th Sense Live® technology, the maximum expression of Whirlpool’s undertaking to create purposeful technology to simplify our lives.
With the 6th Sense Live® app, available on both iOS and Android, there is dialogue between the washing machine and tumble dryer: the app communicates the washer’s current load type and spin speed and the dryer will automatically synchronise with the washing machine and set the correct drying cycle. All you need to do is input your needs and the app will suggest the best programme, simplifying the laundering process. The app sets the programme to guarantee optimum wash results, garment care and resource consumption, quietly.
The Supreme Care range benefits from a raft of intelligent and advanced technology. The 6th Sense® intelligent sensors in the washing machines constantly monitor and adapt the programme to ensure savings of up to 70 per cent in water, energy and time, as well as minimising noise emission; while PrecisionClean™, the latest spray technology, saves water and ensures the best rinsing performance by way of targeted water jets inside the machine2.
Whirlpool’s innovative ZENTechnology™ combines clever engineering with cutting edge design, and 6th Sense® sensor technology, for exceptional noise reduction and is standard across the whole freestanding range of new premium Whirlpool washing machines. Vibrations are reduced by way of a superior ZEN design and the revolutionary induction motor, attached directly to the drum, ensuring that the Whirlpool Supreme Care washing machine range has the quietest spin cycle on the market, with the 9kg and 10kg models operating at just 68 dB(A).1
Additionally, the new premium SupremeCare range incorporates SoftMove™ technology to ensure the finest clothing care with its gentle and custom treatment for clothes (shape, fibres and colours). Other options include patented FreshCare™ that continues to tumble garments after washing for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh, as well as decreasing wrinkles by up to 30 per cent, reducing the need to iron.
All the new Supreme Care tumble dryers boast 6th Sense® technology, monitoring, adapting and controlling the drying cycle; and SteamCare™, SoftMove™ and Wool Excellence™ programmes, which ensure exceptional care of your garments, with minimal effort. Benefiting from energy saving heat pump technology, all models in the range boast A++ energy ratings.
Jennifer Spragg, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “Whirlpool has always invested heavily in developing laundry technology that makes life easier for its consumers, and the new premium range of Supreme Care laundry appliances takes care of all your garments gently and effectively, giving you complete peace of mind, and freeing up your time so you can spend it doing the things you enjoy the most.”
Key features and benefits of the new premium Whirlpool Supreme Care laundry range:
- Quietest spin cycle on the market, with a noise level of just 68 dB(A)1 and wash level of just 48 dB(A)3
- Quietness achieved via new ZENTechnology™ created by revolutionary induction motor and appliance design to minimise vibration
- Modern flush design, with 6th Sense® backlit control for intuitive ease of use
- 6th Sense® monitors the size of the load, adapting the resources to save up to 70 per cent of water, energy and time3
- 6th Sense Live® technology in the top of the range model allows for remote control of your appliance from wherever you are using the 6th Sense Live® app. Set or change the programme settings; use the ECOMONITOR to ensure the best energy and water efficiency; start or stop the appliance; check its progress and be notified when the programme has finished.
- PrecisionDose™ technology delivers the exact amount of detergent needed for every wash, saving up to 12 litres of detergent a year4. The bulk dispenser accommodates detergent and fabric conditioner for up to 20 washes, so all you need to do is select a programme. The PrecisionDose™ option and Whirlpool 6th Sense® technology will do the rest – 12kg model only
- PrecisionClean™ technology ensures the best rinsing performance2, particularly important for those with skin allergies. New efficient pre-mixing method with powerful jet sprays injects water and detergent, or fabric softener, directly onto clothes for lowest water consumption on the market³
- SoftMove™ technology ensures the finest clothing care with its gentle and custom treatment for clothes (shape, fibres and colours)
- FreshCare™ continues to tumble garments, after washing, for up to six hours, keeping garments feeling and smelling fresh, as well as reducing wrinkles by up to 30 per cent and the need to iron
- Elegant dark screen with white LED illumination and hidden detergent dispenser
- Up to 12kg capacity means less loads per week
- A+++ (-60%) energy class to maximise energy saving
- Matching tumble dryers available across the range
- Stacking arrangement available via kit
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 850 x 595 x 640 mm
- The number one for drying wool5 – WoolExcellence® drying programme dries woollens delicately and efficiently
- Guarantees drying up to four, tumble dryable woollens, ready to wear in just one hour
- 6th Sense Live® technology in the top of the range model allows for remote control of your appliance from wherever you are using the 6th Sense Live app®. Set or change the programme settings; use the ECOMONITOR to ensure the best energy efficiency; start or stop the appliance; check its progress and be notified when the programme has finished.
- New noise reduction design, resulting in very quiet operation at just 65 dB(A) across the range
- Modern flush design, with 6th Sense® backlit central control for intuitive ease of use
- Extra-large up to 10kg capacity for drying larger loads, reduces creasing and tangling
- SoftMove® technology customises the drum movement and drying temperature to suit the particular fabrics within the machine
- 6th Sense® technology monitors and adapts the temperature and humidity inside the drum automatically, providing softest drying results
- 3DryTechnology® offering ideal fabric care with multiple flows of warm air that delicately dry your laundry6 (selected models)
- Patented steam system, Steam Care®, for gentle, hygienic drying that freshens fabrics and simplifies and reduces ironing
- Heat pump, condenser technology guarantees maximum energy efficiency and low running costs – A++ energy rating
- All models boast complete design symmetry with the Supreme Care washing machines
- Stacking arrangement available via kit
- Dimensions: H x W x D: 845 x 596 x 659 mm
For more information on the new premium Whirlpool laundry range and your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
1. The new Supreme Care premium Whirlpool FSCR 12441 washing machine and HSCX 10441 tumble dryer can communicate with each other, and can be remotely controlled by the 6th Sense Live® app.
2. The Whirlpool FSCR 10432 Supreme Care washing machine boasts the quietest spin cycle on the market.¹
3. The Whirlpool HSCX 10431 tumble dryer offers guaranteed drying of up to four, tumble dryable woollens, ready to wear in just one hour, with WoolExcellence® technology.
Notes for editors:
¹ ZENTechnology™ has the lowest noise level on the market. Up to a 10kg load at 1400rpm (status: December 2014)
2 On cotton 40°C programme 80 per cent load on 8kg machine reaching 45mg NaOH and 100l water consumption. Cycle time 320hr +extra rinse time vs competition with Spray rinse technology. Based on internal testing status Dec 2014. Selected models only
3 Compared to models without 6th Sense® technology
4 Up to 12 litres of detergent saved per year. 4 kg medium-dirty load and concentrated detergent. Based on the average sized family. Available on 6th Sense Live® model only.
5 Testing among leading European brands conducted by independent Swiss Institute Swissa test Testmaterialien AG (Test Report Nr. 20130292) showed Whirlpool technology as having the best drying performance in dryable wool based on IFU-recommended wool load size (Status August 2014).
6 Available on selected models
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6th Sense appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited fully supports the AMDEA safety initiative, Register My Appliance, and is committed to encouraging householders to register their appliances: http://www.registermyappliance.org.uk/
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $20 billion in annual sales, 100,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers throughout the world in 2014. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in more than 170 countries. In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) it has approximately 24,000 employees, a sales presence in more than 30 countries and manufacturing sites in eight countries. Whirlpool EMEA is an operating segment of Whirlpool Corporation. Whirlpool Corp.’s European Operations Centers are located in Comerio (VA), Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com. or following us on twitter @WhirlpoolCorp
For further press information and images please contact:
Claire at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
9th August 2016