Not only does the new Whirlpool Fusion induction oven offer a stunning new time saving option, which can halve your cooking time and reduce your energy bills by way of its revolutionary induction shelf, it now has a striking new streamlined design that will enhance the look of any kitchen.
Whirlpool, the world’s largest appliance manufacturer, is committed to delivering products that provide the user with excellent results with minimum effort, and the stylish new induction oven is at the forefront of cooking technology for faster cooking times and greater energy efficiency, saving up to 50 per cent in time and energy¹.
What is genuinely revolutionary about the Whirlpool AKZM 8920/GK oven is the removable induction shelf, which generates a magnetic field that directly heats the special induction tray for extremely efficient, speedy and precise cooking.
With guaranteed high cooking performance, together with a very fast cooking process and low energy consumption, the induction function is simple and easy to use. By simply selecting the food category, the 6th Sense® technology will calculate the required cooking time for fast, perfect results using the minimum amount of energy and time. Working in conjunction with the grill to brown the food from above, the induction oven cooks a large variety of dishes including pasta bakes, pizza, roast chicken and biscuits.
Part of the Fusion design range, with iXelium™ coated stainless steel to ensure long-lasting brilliance, the Whirlpool induction oven has now been redesigned to offer a streamlined look with an LED touchscreen display and a sleek integrated handle.
With a contemporary minimal design ideal for complementing a wide range of kitchen designs, the new Whirlpool induction oven is as beautiful as it is functional and easy to use. And what’s more, the iXelium™ coated stainless steel is resistant to scratching and discolouration, which ensures the oven will retain its stunning appearance for even longer.
The Whirlpool induction oven is feature-rich and similarly impressive in traditional cooking mode. Incorporating Cook3 technology, which ensures no aroma mixing between dishes, and the Ready2Cook function which completely eliminates the need for pre-heating; the new Whirlpool induction oven also benefits from innovative 6th Sense® technology that continually monitors the cooking process to ensure perfect results every time.
Jennifer Spragg, Senior Brand Manager, Whirlpool, says: “To have this cutting-edge technology in an oven, which is also a high quality multifunction oven in its own right, is testament to Whirlpool’s dedication to creating innovative appliances that make life easier for the consumer. A revolution in cooking technology, the new Whirlpool induction oven is fast, intuitive, and easy to use, as well as looking great in the kitchen and making the whole cooking experience a breeze.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool Fusion AKZM 8920/GK 6th Sense® induction oven:
- Built-in induction oven with multifunction capability finished in high quality iXelium™ stainless steel
- Induction cooking combines the heating process activated through the induction shelf, the cooking dish and the grill. Results in significant savings of 50 per cent in time and energy1
- Generous capacity of 73 litres for maximum flexibility and for cooking dishes of all shapes and sizes
- 6th Sense® technology monitors, adapts and controls the cooking process as required for much faster cooking times
- Multifunction feature offering eight flexible cooking options, to ensure perfect results, whatever the recipe
- Soft close door – The oven door shuts effortlessly, with a soft and silent motion.
- Thirty, automatic, 6th Sense® pre-programmed recipes, the oven will set the time and parameters, for total ease of use and perfect cooking results every time
- Cook3 technology means you can cook up to three separate dishes at the same time, without the risk of aromas mixing.
- Ready2Cook function which uses a powerful convection system to quickly reach the right temperature, and completely eliminate the need for pre-heating.
- Grill with turbo grill mode for faster and more even cooking by boosting hot air around the grill zone – ideal for thicker cuts of meat
- Forced air mode – a Circa-fan cooking option which forces air into the cavity from four directions, cooking food quickly and evenly in all parts of the oven
- Triple glazed glass door for a cool exterior; with full width inner glass door for easy maintenance
- Clock, timer and automatic start/stop
- ‘A+’ energy class
- Supplied with colour cookery book
- Dimensions H x W x D: 595 x 595 x 564 mm
- Retailing around £999.00
For more information on the new Whirlpool built-in induction oven, and your nearest stockist, visit the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
The new Whirlpool Fusion AKZM 8920/GK built-in induction oven has been redesigned to offer an even more stunning aesthetic together with superb energy-efficiency and advanced performance.
Note for editors:
¹Compared to non-induction models without 6th Sense® technology.
About Whirlpool brand:
The Whirlpool brand is part of Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited. Superior performance, intuitive technology, and cutting-edge design are the key pillars of the Whirlpool brand, achieving industry and consumer recognition for its collection of intelligent 6th Sense® appliance technology.
About Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited:
Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is managed by Whirlpool EMEA, part of Whirlpool Corporation, the global leader in manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool UK Appliances Limited is the only white goods manufacturer in the UK to operate its own independent service and logistics operations.
About Whirlpool Corporation: Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR), is the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 97,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2015. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, Hotpoint and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world. With more than 24,000 employees, a market presence in more than 30 countries throughout Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and manufacturing sites in eight countries, Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) is a fully owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. Its European Operating Center is located in Comerio, Italy. Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
For further press information and images please contact:
Claire at jmm PR
Tel: 01536 414555
19th April 2016