The new Whirlpool chimney hood has style, panache and makes a great centre-piece for the kitchen. Part of the Whirlpool Fusion built-in range, the AKR 799 IXL chimney hood features a new iXelium™ finish. This is a nanotechnology coating which makes the hood easy to clean with the simple wipe of a damp cloth; no cleaning chemicals required. The iXelium™ coating also prevents the hood discolouring or scratching and therefore retains its pristine appearance and good looks for longer.
The new Whirlpool hood is packed with intelligent technology and special functionality. Whirlpool’s 6TH SENSE® advanced electronic sensor technology makes this appliance easy to use and highly effective at dispelling unwanted cooking odours from the kitchen. All you have to do is to turn it on and set to the 6TH SENSE® mode and the hood will self-set using the sensor readings to run the ideal power level whenever you are cooking. This gives excellent performance with maximum energy efficiency, without you having to think about it. 6TH SENSE® also detects air pollutants in the room and will control and filter the air to improve air quality and the environment.
Jennifer Spragg, Brand and Digital Marketing Manager, Whirlpool says: “Our new Whirlpool chimney hood is an elegant addition to the contemporary kitchen, offering a stunning appearance that is married to the very best of intelligent technology. It is so easy to use, extremely powerful and so quiet in use, and can be either vented or recirculated to give consumers complete freedom when designing their kitchen.”
Key features and benefits of the Whirlpool chimney hood, the AKR 799 IXL, with iXelium™:
- Part of the Whirlpool built-in Fusion range and featuring 6TH SENSE® advanced electronic sensor technology for ease of use
- Highly effective at automatically eliminating cooking odours from the kitchen. Set to 6TH SENSE® mode and the hood will self-set to run at the ideal power level whenever you are cooking. This gives excellent performance with maximum energy efficiency
- The hood’s 6TH SENSE® also detects air pollutants in the room and will control and filter the air to improve air quality and the environment
- New iXelium™ finish is a nanotechnology coating which makes the hood easy to clean with the simple wipe of a damp cloth. The iXelium™ coating also retains the hood’s pristine appearance, keeping it looking good for longer
- Three speed settings plus intensive and 6TH SENSE®
- May be ducted or recirculated mode to cater for all customer design requirements, with maximum extraction rate of 630m3/hr
- Noise level when ducted: 59 dB(A); and when recirculated 63 dB(A)
- Two halogen lights to generate greater illumination in comparison to conventional bulbs, with near daylight preparation lighting
- Three dishwasher-safe metal cassette grease filters for easy maintenance
- Grease filtration saturation indicator to ensure efficient working
- Minimum distance from electric hob, 600mm; minimum distance from gas hob, 700mm
- Dimensions: Variable chimney height: 670-1100 x W 900 x D500 mm
To find the nearest stockists go to the website at www.whirlpool.co.uk
Image caption: The new Whirlpool AKR 799 IXL stainless steel chimney hood with iXelium™ is packed with 6TH SENSE® intelligent sensor technology with a superb easy to clean and long lasting iXelium™ surface.
About Whirlpool Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA):
With around 10,000 employees, a sales presence in over 30 countries in Europe, Middle East and Africa and manufacturing sites in six countries, Whirlpool EMEA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Whirlpool Corporation. The world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of major home appliances, Whirlpool Corporation had annual sales in 2013 of $19 billion, 69,000 employees, and 59 manufacturing and technology research centers around the world. The company markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht and other major brand names to consumers in nearly every country around the world. Whirlpool’s European Operations’ Center is located in Comerio (VA), Italy. For further information on the company, please visit the website www.whirlpoolcorp.com
For further press information and images please contact:
Jacqueline at JM Marketing
Tel: 01536 414555
4th September 2014